Clickable Maps

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clickable Maps

Postby kmhebert on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:53 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
SlayerQC wrote:
das killa wrote:how did you disable it?

So if you wish not to use the Clickable Function, you can still use the old Action Panel (drop downs)---and just avoid clicking on the map!

--Andy

HA HA HA

HA HA HA

HA HA HA

OK for real though how can I customize it so right click means send all to the area I just conquered, this is costing me games!
Sergeant kmhebert

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (20)

Postby ws1 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:58 pm

one big YAAAAAAAWN
Lieutenant ws1

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Jippd wrote:SO if you hit n it will keep cycling you through the games where it is your turn? (Doing this without taking your turns in the game) When you get to your last game and hit 'n' it brings you back to your my games homepage?

Yes, that should be function. It's just like cycling through the games and clicking on the "skip game" link.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby Jippd on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:01 pm

well then I'm reporting it as not working. And I did click the link to update my clickable maps to the newest version and I restarted firefox.

No matter how many times I click N it keeps taking me to the same game.

And this new update also makes my gameplay even more laggy then what I am used to and it was already cumbersome for me to play sometimes with the lag. More lag means I think harder about whether I renew my subscription next time that option comes up. I can say I was happier with my clickable maps I already had this new addition has made my gameplay less enjoyable by adding more lag.
Last edited by Jippd on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Jippd

Medals: 105
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (20) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Jippd wrote:well then I'm reporting it as not working. And I did click the link to update my clickable maps to the newest version and I restarted firefox.

No matter how many times I click N it keeps taking me to the same game.

If you disable your Tool/Enhancement/Addon, does the N-Hotkey work?

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby king achilles on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Right now, all functions can not be changed for one's own customization.

When you just conquered a region, you just left click again to that region to automatically send all your remaining troops to that area you just conquered.

If you are reinforcing, left click on that region from where you will get your troops from then left click on the region you will reinforce and then left click again to send all troops.

=============================

Jippd, what browser are you using and are you using any scripts?
Click and like CC on Facebook or else!
Private king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby kmhebert on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:06 pm

king achilles wrote:Right now, all functions can not be changed for one's own customization.

When you just conquered a region, you just left click again to that region to automatically send all your remaining troops to that area you just conquered.

Right but when you are auto attacking with a big stack and you continue to right click you get stuck and then have to end turn instead of killing everyone like you'd planned.
Sergeant kmhebert

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (20)

Postby Jippd on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Yes it went away when I disabled bob and CM. The only two I used I disabled greasemonkey and now I can move. However I prefer the clickies I am used to with one click equals deploy one troop right click deploys all and troop movements etc. Is there a way to fix the script you guys put on so I can run my CM with the setup that I like and be able to skip the games still?
Colonel Jippd

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (20) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Jippd wrote:Yes it went away when I disabled bob and CM. The only two I used I disabled greasemonkey and now I can move. However I prefer the clickies I am used to with one click equals deploy one troop right click deploys all and troop movements etc. Is there a way to fix the script you guys put on so I can run my CM with the setup that I like and be able to skip the games still?

Once the scripts you use get re-updated (since our coordination with the script authors left a few cracks) you should be able to use the Greasemoney-CM functionality.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby Jippd on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Cool thanks for the replies
Colonel Jippd

Postby grifftron on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:17 pm

just so you know, this messed up one of my war games, who knew that when i was using original clickies that my guys would all be placed somewhere else when clicking on a diff tert... fixed it now by updating clickies, still sucks
‹army of nobunaga› me and so many other people including people in your own clan look at you as a joke
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 123
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:20 pm

grifftron wrote:just so you know, this messed up one of my war games, who knew that when i was using original clickies that my guys would all be placed somewhere else when clicking on a diff tert... fixed it now by updating clickies, still sucks

My regrets that you experienced some difficulties during our update. Hopefully we can continue to iron out the issues, and make those who may be affected aware of what they can do (such as updating scripts or disabling for a short time) until our coordination with the script authors alleviates the issues that we both missed.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby king achilles on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Right but when you are auto attacking with a big stack and you continue to right click you get stuck and then have to end turn instead of killing everyone like you'd planned.

When you use the auto attack, if you still have more than 3 troops left, then you can continue your turn. What do you mean by getting stuck?
Click and like CC on Facebook or else!
Private king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:32 pm

king achilles wrote:

When you use the auto attack, if you still have more than 3 troops left, then you can continue your turn. What do you mean by getting stuck?

He means CC clickies is opposite of the clickable maps script

In clickable maps, right click advances all, while in CC's version, left click advances all. This can be extremely annoying if you have been using clickable maps for months and months.. old habits die hard

I have heard this from several users.. though I have yet to use CC's version, currently I still use clickable maps the scrpit
Corporal iamkoolerthanu

Medals: 100
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Postby SkyCaptain on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Could we possibly get an option to disable it completely? Specifically, the keyboard shortcuts. I just was playing, finished attacking (messed up and advanced in the wrong place, but that's just inexperience with the clickies), but when I went to go fort, I decided not to try to use the clicks. Unfortunately, I clicked the advanced from, and hit 'e' to pull up territory E6, which of course just ended my fortifications there, because of the keyboard shortcuts. Perhaps I misclicked, so I was still on the map at the time, but still quite frustrating. An option to disable keyboard shortcuts would be nice, I'll happily manually select my options. :)
Captain SkyCaptain

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby lackattack on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:41 pm

Ooooh that's a bug - I'll have to disable hotkeys when you are selecting in the drop downs
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby Aesop Jones on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 pm

This needs an off switch. Don't like it, don't want it, didn't download it as a script, find it beyond obnoxious to use on a netbook.

Your option should not be "pretend it doesn't exist." The option should be, oh I don't know, an option.
Sergeant 1st Class Aesop Jones

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby SkyCaptain on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:50 pm

lackattack wrote:Ooooh that's a bug - I'll have to disable hotkeys when you are selecting in the drop downs

Thanks!!
Captain SkyCaptain

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby talbotboys on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:05 am

Simply Amazing!!! I've been waiting a long time for this feature!!! THX
Cook talbotboys

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby pissedoffsol on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:07 am

i hate this. makes everything slower. :(
My Highest
-----------------
Score: 2055
12/20/09
7200 Games and counting! :)
Corporal pissedoffsol

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby sm8900 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:12 am

wow amazing!! =D> :D :)
Corporal sm8900

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby MrGlassB on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:23 am

Please remove the obnoxious blue banner from the "My Games" tab. I saw it the first time. I don't need to see it anymore. Now, it's just in the way.

MGB
Lieutenant MrGlassB

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (19) General Contribution (1)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:26 am

Aesop Jones wrote:This needs an off switch. Don't like it, don't want it, didn't download it as a script, find it beyond obnoxious to use on a netbook.

Your option should not be "pretend it doesn't exist." The option should be, oh I don't know, an option.

Okay, okay, you and everyone else, follow my careful instructions if you don't want the clicky markers:

Step 1: Go to "Game Settings" in the left-hand menu.
Step 2: Scroll down to "Selected Region Indicators".
Step 3: Click "No".
Step 4: No longer be bothered by those markers.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby Leehar on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:27 am

Awesome work.
It finally happened! :D
show
Colonel Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Medals: 135
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (23) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (2) General Contribution (9)

Postby jleonnn on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:29 am

40kguy wrote:right when you installed this mine went all crazy. i was clicking the map then it was going to a different spot.

me too... I just got into a bad position because of it. Can there be like an option whether you wanna use it or the old clickies
Major jleonnn

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives