Conquer Club

Make a New Friend Event 2011!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Make a New Friend Event 2011!

Postby dougal4chaos on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:32 am

people are on the foe list for a reason.
Sergeant 1st Class dougal4chaos

Postby init2win it on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:28 am

Hell no !! they on there coz they are total dick heads..... maybe next year :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class init2win it

Postby BunnRee on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:56 am

I have removed all seven (7) of my foes. Been playing since Sept. 5, 2009 and it has taken me this long to get seven (7). So JefJef :roll: you have another chance along with the other six (6). Bee
PAY ATTENTION! Squirrels and Rabbit Holes happen all the time. So, be on the lookout for unanticipated amazement and joy!
Cook BunnRee

Postby TheSaxlad on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:48 am

notyou2 wrote:I don't get this. The staff continues to tell patrons to foe others if they don't like them, yet brings out this program......Is anyone else confused by this lack of direction?

Yes FAMO is the official position.

However sometimes it is nice to give people another chance, maybe they've changed since last time, maybe they've become better? Of course still use the foe list how it should be used, but perhaps give someone on there a chance to redeem themselves?
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby keane on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:04 am

I had a look down my foes but I can't see anyone there I'd like to play again. In fact the process just reminded me of someone else i wanted to foe, so I actually have more foes now than before :)
Private 1st Class keane

Postby notyou2 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:20 am

TheSaxlad wrote:
notyou2 wrote:I don't get this. The staff continues to tell patrons to foe others if they don't like them, yet brings out this program......Is anyone else confused by this lack of direction?

However sometimes it is nice to give people another chance, maybe they've changed since last time, maybe they've become better? Of course still use the foe list how it should be used, but perhaps give someone on there a chance to redeem themselves?

Not sure what FAMO means, however, thanks for the response. Your explanation seems appropriate at face value.

However, I personnally do not have anyone foed.

My issue is with the senior management. This whole thing seems contrary to their advise and contrary to their actions. They have permanently foed (banned) some players on dubious issues and have since declared permanenet bans no longer exist, yet they are unwilling to allow re-entry of the dubiously permanently banned players. Does this seem in the spirit to you?

I call it two faced bull shit and I believe it is cheap and dishonest. If you are going to make policy then stick with it and right your wrongs.
Captain notyou2

Postby timrs2001 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:56 am

But my foes worked so hard to get on that list...
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." - Rush, Freewill
Sergeant 1st Class timrs2001

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:58 am

notyou2 wrote:
My issue is with the senior management. This whole thing seems contrary to their advise and contrary to their actions. They have permanently foed (banned) some players on dubious issues and have since declared permanenet bans no longer exist, yet they are unwilling to allow re-entry of the dubiously permanently banned players. Does this seem in the spirit to you?

I call it two faced bull shit and I believe it is cheap and dishonest. If you are going to make policy then stick with it and right your wrongs.

I think you are looking too far into a simple event by the Entertainment Team. There is no grand conspiracy. The event is just to promote fun gameplaying. :)

timrs2001 wrote:But my foes worked so hard to get on that list...

Then focus on the 'Make a new friend' part of the event! :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby timrs2001 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:58 am

TheSaxlad wrote:

And maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Postby timrs2001 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:06 am

So we can't just join a game? We have to send a private message first?

Postby Buff McKagan on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:15 am

jus` wonderin`

I sent my PM yesterday and I don`t appear to have appeared in any of the games I sent numbers for. Any reason for that?
Corporal Buff McKagan

Postby TheSaxlad on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:24 pm

I didn't get a pm from you buff.

If you want 1v1's then pm me, if not Im sure Gilligan will be doing it in the near future.
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby TheSaxlad on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:28 pm

notyou2 wrote:
TheSaxlad wrote:

Not sure what FAMO means, however, thanks for the response. Your explanation seems appropriate at face value.

I get this, however this event was my idea, as Andy said to promote fun gameplaying. The Perma-bans situation was before my time, before I even joined CC.

You make a point that I have heard others make, but unfortunately I am not the one who makes the grand decisions behind conquer club. My role is to provide entertainment. So enjoy yourself if you can, and if your unable to then I apologise and Ill strive to do better next time.

TSL

Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby Gillipig on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:04 pm

notyou2 wrote:
TheSaxlad wrote:

FAMO stands for "Foe And Move On". Encouraging players to foe those they don't like and move on instead of engaging in pointless arguments with them. I think it's a good concept although I'm not much of a "foe'r". I know some players foe others for very small reasons or no reasons at all. I remember someone publiced his foe list in a thread and it had hundreds of names on it including mine. Despite I've never played against him or exchanged words with him I was on that list so some people could probably need to lose a few foes. I imagine I'm on quite a lot of foe lists considering my low attendance lol
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:16 pm

you get a medal if you win a 1 vs 1 ?
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Gilligan on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Quite a few 2v2 games left!
Captain Gilligan

Postby erv on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:27 pm

always out for a new people but if you are on my ignore list, you aint getting off it :) ever :) :twisted:
Lieutenant erv

Postby notyou2 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:55 pm

TheSaxlad wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
TheSaxlad wrote:

I get this, however this event was my idea, as Andy said to promote fun gameplaying. The Perma-bans situation was before my time, before I even joined CC.

You make a point that I have heard others make, but unfortunately I am not the one who makes the grand decisions behind conquer club. My role is to provide entertainment. So enjoy yourself if you can, and if your unable to then I apologise and Ill strive to do better next time.

TSL

Sax, I understand the concept and you are to be commended for taking the initiative to try and make this a better place. I am not criticizing what you are attempting and no need to apologize. I stated what I wanted to say.

Good luck with your event, and thanks for the response.

I just find the whole thing ironic as you have the blessing of the site (and obviously senior decision making staff) that permanently foes members for dubious reasons.
Captain notyou2

Postby ws1 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Hey how about putting up some unlimit forts on these 1 vs 1 games
Sergeant 1st Class ws1

Location: Chicago, New York, Detroit and its all on the same street

Postby Gilligan on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:47 am

notyou2 wrote:
TheSaxlad wrote:

This is not an act of management...It won't be replacing FAMO (Foe And Move On). Hence the Friend or Unfoe. No one is forcing anyone to do either of these options. If you don't want to unfoe anyone, don't. It's a suggestion, if you will.
Captain Gilligan

Postby anonymus on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:11 am

i unfoed all people i had on foe from getting my assassin gold, you guys are welcome to play me again if you want..
also tried to join a friendgame but had the wrong pass.. so i guess ill try again now..
/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby notyou2 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:26 am

Gilligan wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
TheSaxlad wrote:

This is not an act of management...It won't be replacing FAMO (Foe And Move On). Hence the Friend or Unfoe. No one is forcing anyone to do either of these options. If you don't want to unfoe anyone, don't. It's a suggestion, if you will.

As I have stated, I do not have anyone foed on this site, and don't intend to. Therefore, I will not be unfoeing anyone as I can't.
Captain notyou2

Postby Gilligan on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:38 am

anonymus wrote:i unfoed all people i had on foe from getting my assassin gold, you guys are welcome to play me again if you want..
also tried to join a friendgame but had the wrong pass.. so i guess ill try again now..
/ :?:

PM myself if you want to play in doubles games, or TheSaxlad for singles games.
Captain Gilligan

Postby DogAlmighty on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Over the next hours I will foe everyone on this site except for you.
Major DogAlmighty

Postby Leehar on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:31 pm

DogAlmighty wrote:Over the next hours I will foe everyone on this site except for you.

Meaning you'll have a new friend? ;)

Notyou2, I think the permanent ban question isn't really for this thread, if you still have concerns over something related to that, then e-tickets would be the solution to redressing your concerns.

(However, I do still think that it may be a valid point to get a clean slate on some offenders if there's due cause to do so.
show
Colonel Leehar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives