Conquer Club

Official 200 Maps Celebration

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Official 200 Maps Celebration

Postby White Buffalo on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:45 am

I quite agree.. Trying to explain them was quite difficult..
Captain White Buffalo

Postby CJ Lues on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:23 am

White Buffalo wrote:I quite agree.. Trying to explain them was quite difficult..

Yeah i found them all in 3 minutes but took 10 minutes to describe it! :lol:
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:02 am

are we allowed now to discuss the classic and italian maps? i m curious to know if the most difficult difference for me so far was a big difficulty for others or if they found it easily...

i have 15/15 normally, just worried about explanations that could be considered as unclear, mostly for conquerman.. by the way, weren t we supposed to have a points update after the italian map was offline?
Major betiko

Postby zimmah on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:47 am

White Buffalo wrote:I quite agree.. Trying to explain them was quite difficult..

in Conquer 4 it wasn't a challenge to find them, but the hard part was thinking of how to say it in an understandable way.

i saw them almost directly except the 5th one, but i still found them all in a minute or 2, but then i was like, hmm, how am i going to word this? lol.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:55 am

i can confirm there is really 5 differences, no duplicate.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:02 am

Just that fifth one was a bit hard.
General Extreme Ways

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:18 am

If explain the difference is really hard you can use also a screenshot for each difference. I can suggest gyazo, it allows you to click and grab just a part of the screen, in this case the part where you spot the difference. After few seconds, Gyazo will open a web page in your browser,then you have just to go on the image in that page and copy/paste the link of your small screenshot into the submission field into the contest page/form ;)
Here below a quick example into the spoiler:
show: example

Hope it helps.

About the difficulty, the two final rounds will be a bit more harder :twisted:
Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby CJ Lues on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:00 am

thenobodies80 wrote:If explain the difference is really hard you can use also a screenshot for each difference. I can suggest gyazo, it allows you to click and grab just a part of the screen, in this case the part where you spot the difference

Hope it helps.

About the difficulty, the two final rounds will be a bit more harder :twisted:
Nobodies

It will help a lot thanx!!! 8-)

I have 15/15 and plan to go all the way!
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

Postby DiM on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:33 am

CJ Lues wrote:I have 15/15 and plan to go all the way!

except for the blind and the people that didn't participate i think everybody has 15/15. the modifications were really really easy to spot.
so again i'll have to suggest pixel size modifications unless the organizes want most of the participants tied for 1st place.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:46 am

No, not everyone has 15/15.
But wait for Samuelc812 for the score. I think he is double checking the results I've given to him. ;)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby QoH on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:50 am

Crap, the 5th difference wasn't a duplicate? Damn...
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:06 am

DiM wrote:
CJ Lues wrote:I have 15/15 and plan to go all the way!

except for the blind and the people that didn't participate i think everybody has 15/15. the modifications were really really easy to spot.
so again i'll have to suggest pixel size modifications unless the organizes want most of the participants tied for 1st place.

well, if you want to play a game were the organizer just changes a pixel we will let you have fun on your own. this is a game to spot differences with your natural eye, not with photoshop overlapping images or whatever multiple things the technology offers.
And as you can see everyone here seems satisfied with the level of difficulty, and we do have trouble finding some of the differences. I ll be more than happy if we are plenty to find the 25, it seems like a problem for you!
Major betiko

Postby DiM on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:15 am

betiko wrote:I ll be more than happy if we are plenty to find the 25, it seems like a problem for you!

it's not a competition if everybody wins ;)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:36 am

DiM wrote:except for the blind and the people that didn't participate i think everybody has 15/15. the modifications were really really easy to spot.

I know my eyes aren't perfect, but at classic I could only find 3 and I got 4 on Italy. This one was fairly easy though. =D>
General Extreme Ways

Postby Rodion on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Conquer 4 was overwhelmingly harder than the other 2 combined, but I should be 15/15 as of now!
General Rodion

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Some scores would be nice, but on another note, has anyone noticed Classic map is being beaten by World 2.1. :lol: Just goes to show, nice graphics do not make the map. ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby DiM on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:52 pm

koontz1973 wrote:Some scores would be nice, but on another note, has anyone noticed Classic map is being beaten by World 2.1. :lol: Just goes to show, nice graphics do not make the map. ;)

i agree that nice graphics don't make a map but i'm lost as to which one of them has nice graphics because they're both absolutely bland and simple. in fact classic actually looks very blurry to me so i'd put world 2.1 a little in front in the graphics race.
Major DiM

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:33 pm

DiM wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:Some scores would be nice, but on another note, has anyone noticed Classic map is being beaten by World 2.1. :lol: Just goes to show, nice graphics do not make the map. ;)

i agree that nice graphics don't make a map but i'm lost as to which one of them has nice graphics because they're both absolutely bland and simple. in fact classic actually looks very blurry to me so i'd put world 2.1 a little in front in the graphics race.

True about classic, always hated the way it looked but it is a step above 2.1 in a sense of that is looks like land and sea, not just coloured blobs shaped.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Rodion wrote:Conquer 4 was overwhelmingly harder than the other 2 combined, but I should be 15/15 as of now!

this just proves that it s perception... for me it was the easiest of all. italy took me more time to finish than (classic+conquerman)X2.
sometimes you just don t see what is obvious.
Major betiko

Postby Iron Maid on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Highest Rank: 60 (Brigadier) Score: 3139 Date: March 26th 2010
Winner of Official 2010 CC World Cup - Singles & Official 200 Maps Tournament
Major Iron Maid
SoC Training Adviser

Postby DiM on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:28 pm

congrats your internet points are over 9000. :lol:

also your e-penis just got bigger. :lol:
Major DiM

Postby danfrank on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:59 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:There were 5 changes, not 6. If you count that one as 2 different changes, then there's another one you have to count as 6 different changes. You're just upset because you missed one, and looking for someone to blame. :roll:

actually not the equals 4 stands alone the equals 6 bonus with the dots modified also stands alone to suggest that would count as six is ignorant.. if CONTROVERSY WASN`T INTENDEDthan changing only 1 equal 4 would have been sufficient..
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby drunkmonkey on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:10 pm

danfrank wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:There were 5 changes, not 6. If you count that one as 2 different changes, then there's another one you have to count as 6 different changes. You're just upset because you missed one, and looking for someone to blame. :roll:

actually not the equals 4 stands alone the equals 6 bonus with the dots modified also stands alone to suggest that would count as six is ignorant.. if CONTROVERSY WASN`T INTENDEDthan changing only 1 equal 4 would have been sufficient..

Now that time has expired for the map, I can tell you I wasn't referring to the dots. I was referring to the row numbers. You could say the 1 was changed to a 6, the 2 was changed to a 5, 3 to a 4, etc., for all 6.

Also, claiming that controversy was intended (in large font, to boot) makes you look foolish. It's a game, and not even a competitive one. Chill out.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby jackal31 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:45 pm

I have to agree here too, I counted the two modified 'not equal to' signs as individual initially, but thought it wasnt right. Then a couple minutes later I found the last one. So I too would say there were 6 total differences on this map.

btw, when I posted my 30 sec comment, that was before I found the last one. So technically it wasnt as fast as advertised.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby samuelc812 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Apologies for the delay, but here are the answers from the Classic and Italy Maps. The answers to Conquer 4 will be posted once results have been gathered.

You can check your ongoing score here on the leaderboard, so that you know whether you have earned a medal or not, and whether you are in the running for a second medal.

Without further ado, here are the differences for Classic :)

1. There is no connection between Mexico City and Havana.
  2. There is no connection between Dakar and Cairo.
  3. Sully's smile was changed to a frown.
  4. The island near Port Moresby had been flipped.
  5. The name of Reykjavik has been changed to Rejkjavik.

Without further ado, here are the differences for Italy :)

1. The brown island above Sardegna had been flipped.
  2. The colours in the Italian flag had been swapped around.
  3. The compass in the bottom left had been rotated.
  4. The bonus of Isole has been changed from +3 to +2.
  5. The Isole Eolie have been merged from 3 islands to 2.

P.S I will post images with answers revealed as well, later on. :)

~Sam and thenobodies80
Captain samuelc812

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives