Conquer Club

Conquer Cup I

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Cup I

Postby jbrettlip on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:55 pm

demonfork wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:HEY Demonfuck, read this:

Gambling on or through this site is not allowed.

hide: Gambling Specifics

This is a casual gaming site, not a serious one. If you want to gamble for money or "real-world items", then you'll have to find another site.
Wagering CC points is also not allowed.

Sorry bubby...I didn't make up the meaning of the word as well as it being a poor choice of words on CC's behalf. The probably should have used "wager" instead of gamble.

But its a moot point anyway...It's Lacks site and he can do whatever the f*ck he wants, that's one of the beauties of owning your own companies.

If you don't like it bubby you and your other little bubbies could spend your time getting banned and annoying the masses at an alternate site.

SOrry if I hurt your feelings by throwing facts at you. I hope it didn't make you little butt hurt.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby demonfork on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:56 pm

jbrettlip wrote:
demonfork wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:HEY Demonfuck, read this:

Gambling on or through this site is not allowed.

hide: Gambling Specifics

This is a casual gaming site, not a serious one. If you want to gamble for money or "real-world items", then you'll have to find another site.
Wagering CC points is also not allowed.

Sorry bubby...I didn't make up the meaning of the word as well as it being a poor choice of words on CC's behalf. The probably should have used "wager" instead of gamble.

But its a moot point anyway...It's Lacks site and he can do whatever the f*ck he wants, that's one of the beauties of owning your own companies.

If you don't like it bubby you and your other little bubbies could spend your time getting banned and annoying the masses at an alternate site.

SOrry if I hurt your feelings by throwing facts at you. I hope it didn't make you little butt hurt.

You heard about that? Were people discussing it in live chat?
Captain demonfork

Postby Gillipig on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:49 am

Gillipig wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
bigbad 4573 wrote:I haven't read all those posts, way to many, but a lot of discension. the site is cool, the dice suck, the improvements are cool, (more would be cooler) capatalism sucks, the players - some cool and some suck, but let's all try to stay positive and supportive. Cynisism and negativity are the enemy. Oh and a personal request, I would like to seee an alternative to the random deal, maybe take turns picking regions pre-play, or even that election system, where you bid for regions. That's a whole other level of fun. To often the deal dictates. An alternative would be wonderful.

This sounds like a very good idea. I'd support it 100% if it were to be put in the suggestion part of forum.

It's already been suggested. Have to be reasonable though, could you imagine 8 players trying to play a game like this on a relatively big map?

We could easily prevent it from being usable on maps where it would cause problems. including random. We could even limit it to 4 players or less if 8 players causes problems. Most people would use it for 1v1 only anyway. In a sense it's very much like manual troop deployment. It puts focus on preparation and strategy instead of luck. I'd also like to see the no dice option they have on majorcommand being incorporated into CC. With those two updates we could be playing games where a) dice doesn't matter. b) no unfair drops would occur. c) you can place all of your troops wherever you want. d) turn order doesn't matter (freestyle). In other words ultimate freedom and flexibility in terms of game options. If you lose you can't blame any element of luck for it. You lost because you where not as good as your opponent. And in games with more than 2 players diplomacy and truces would be even more important than it is today. I think that is the way to go for CC. To make this game more about skill and less about luck. Don't remove the luck factor for those that want to use it but give players that have played thousands of games and are tired of losing games because of elements they can't control a chance to hold their own fate. I would gladly pay twice the current premium membership fee if I got to play games like that!

Does anyone else like this idea?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby JoshyBoy on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:38 am

Seriously, what the f*ck is this shit?
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Gillipig on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:02 am

JoshyBoy wrote:Seriously, what the f*ck is this shit?

You talking to me?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:34 am

jbrettlip--why do you even care if two players play for a premium--it has no effect on you at all--it is their choice. There are better causes to get hyped up about. I don't care how much you drink as long as you don't drive.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby danfrank on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:00 am

demonfork wrote:
danfrank wrote:AND.... This is gambling , lets not sugarcoat and call it something else. As i quoted in an earlier post , lack is offering " real world items " in exchange for a 5 dollar entry fee and he is also taking a RAKE for his efforts. A generous one in that.. am i opposed to it .not all. is it in violation of his own rules. well yes it is.. Has the integrity of cc been tarnished , well now that is for you to decide when you enter your precious personal info into this site . There was no explanation as to why CC needed to raise X amount of dollars overnight which should leave one wondering. And for those of you who sold your personal info for CC credits to join well :lol: :lol:

Sorry bubb but you and your little bullet proof ass bandit are wrong...

It's considered gambling if you play a game of CHANCE for stakes....CC is a game of SKILL not CHANCE therefore it is not gambling..

This is why Poker is legal in non gambling states because it's considered a game of SKILL and not a game of CHANCE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Skill ? I believe that to be be true , a 5 man esc game takes the knowledge and know how , to suggest CHANCE is does not exist in a computer generated dice rolling game is just too funn to say the least..

Wow, i have never , maybe once , banged heads with you mr fork because in reading your past posts i have respected your views. But for you to confuse Skill and Chance is absolutely mind boggling.. With the experience you have its a game of skill , for the majority of the field it is a game of chance..
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby Gillipig on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:09 pm

danfrank wrote:
demonfork wrote:
danfrank wrote:AND.... This is gambling , lets not sugarcoat and call it something else. As i quoted in an earlier post , lack is offering " real world items " in exchange for a 5 dollar entry fee and he is also taking a RAKE for his efforts. A generous one in that.. am i opposed to it .not all. is it in violation of his own rules. well yes it is.. Has the integrity of cc been tarnished , well now that is for you to decide when you enter your precious personal info into this site . There was no explanation as to why CC needed to raise X amount of dollars overnight which should leave one wondering. And for those of you who sold your personal info for CC credits to join well :lol: :lol:

Sorry bubb but you and your little bullet proof ass bandit are wrong...

It's considered gambling if you play a game of CHANCE for stakes....CC is a game of SKILL not CHANCE therefore it is not gambling..

This is why Poker is legal in non gambling states because it's considered a game of SKILL and not a game of CHANCE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Skill ? I believe that to be be true , a 5 man esc game takes the knowledge and know how , to suggest CHANCE is does not exist in a computer generated dice rolling game is just too funn to say the least..

Wow, i have never , maybe once , banged heads with you mr fork because in reading your past posts i have respected your views. But for you to confuse Skill and Chance is absolutely mind boggling.. With the experience you have its a game of skill , for the majority of the field it is a game of chance..

Actually, it was a pretty good analogy! A A will lose against 2 7 off suit sometimes, just like 10 troops will sometimes lose against 2 troops. There are elements of luck in poker, but poker is still by no means a game only about luck and neither are games on cc. The largest difference between the two is how much greater one can evolve his strategy in poker. Neither are like chess though. In chess pieces will always take other pieces ;) . My suggestion a little further up on the page is about trying to bring a little more chess into cc.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby jbrettlip on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:59 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:jbrettlip--why do you even care if two players play for a premium--it has no effect on you at all--it is their choice. There are better causes to get hyped up about. I don't care how much you drink as long as you don't drive.

Why do you care if I drink and drive, if I don't live near you? It is the same rationale.
I just like to point out how rules were flagrantly broken and no one bothers to enforce them. Why don't you admit that you gamble through CC by betting premium membership.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:05 pm

jbrettlip wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:jbrettlip--why do you even care if two players play for a premium--it has no effect on you at all--it is their choice. There are better causes to get hyped up about. I don't care how much you drink as long as you don't drive.

Why do you care if I drink and drive, if I don't live near you? It is the same rationale.
I just like to point out how rules were flagrantly broken and no one bothers to enforce them. Why don't you admit that you gamble through CC by betting premium membership.

typical alcoholic response

I do feel sorry for the people where you live

and like you said I am not shy about playing someone for premium-- there are threads about it--if you ever had the guts to do so which I know you dont I would kick your ass in a series of anything for premium of course
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby jbrettlip on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:10 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:
jbrettlip wrote:

typical alcoholic response

I do feel sorry for the people where you live

and like you said I am not shy about playing someone for premium-- there are threads about it--if you ever had the guts to do so which I know you dont I would kick your ass in a series of anything for premium of course

Sorry, I don't gamble on CC. And thank you for your diagnosis, Doctor. I had no idea diseases could be diagnosed from avatars on gaming sites.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Mad777 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:26 am

All, correct me if I'm wrong but these topic is about the Conquer Cup I?

What I can read in the last few pages is peoples throwing words which has nothing to do with the tourney itself! :?

For me it should be all about this new event CC created for us, so enjoy it and don't waste time to talk about "gambling" as it is not what CC is for.

cheers 8-)
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Agent 86 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:45 pm

Lack made the rules and now he shifts the posts. New event, come on we have so many tourneys going on..did any of the tourney organizers offer prizes apart from premium membership..NO NO..So Lack now has offered offered prizes for..wait for it..money to join. I read the rules of the site which lack wanted and now find Lack doing the opposite..hypocrite ( look the word up ) Lack and your minions of pathetic admins have been on posting to try and say this is fine. This is gambling in it's finest form, Lack prove to me this isn't so...you can't, so bring on advertising so we can all play for free.

P.S So yes jbrettlip is totally correct on this one..
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Night Strike on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:31 pm

Agent 86 wrote:Lack made the rules and now he shifts the posts. New event, come on we have so many tourneys going on..did any of the tourney organizers offer prizes apart from premium membership..NO NO..So Lack now has offered offered prizes for..wait for it..money to join. I read the rules of the site which lack wanted and now find Lack doing the opposite..hypocrite ( look the word up ) Lack and your minions of pathetic admins have been on posting to try and say this is fine. This is gambling in it's finest form, Lack prove to me this isn't so...you can't, so bring on advertising so we can all play for free.

Shouldn't YOU have to proof that it IS gambling in order to make that blanket accusation?

And people HAVE answered why it's not gambling: because CC is a game of skill, not a game of luck. Luck = gambling, skill =/= gambling. It takes skill to win the Conquer Cup, not luck.

By the way, lack's site-wide tournament has nothing to do with what regular users do for running tournaments.
Major Night Strike

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Agent 86 wrote:Lack made the rules and now he shifts the posts. New event, come on we have so many tourneys going on..did any of the tourney organizers offer prizes apart from premium membership..NO NO..So Lack now has offered offered prizes for..wait for it..money to join. I read the rules of the site which lack wanted and now find Lack doing the opposite..hypocrite ( look the word up ) Lack and your minions of pathetic admins have been on posting to try and say this is fine. This is gambling in it's finest form, Lack prove to me this isn't so...you can't, so bring on advertising so we can all play for free.

Shouldn't YOU have to proof that it IS gambling in order to make that blanket accusation?

And people HAVE answered why it's not gambling: because CC is a game of skill, not a game of luck. Luck = gambling, skill =/= gambling. It takes skill to win the Conquer Cup, not luck.

By the way, lack's site-wide tournament has nothing to do with what regular users do for running tournaments.

So 2 players setting up 99 games and agreeing on the loser paying 100$ to the winner is not gambling? The winner will not have won because of luck that much is for sure. I have no problem with lack organizing this tournament (I was among the 10 first players that joined it lol), but it does break the guidelines we users are bound to follow. So I can partly understand what people don't like about it. But this isn't the only thing where CC made content follow different rules than user made. For example, maps officially made by CC (Easter, Christmas, Colosseum etc) did not have to go through the same process as other maps. Anyway I just hope a lot of the money made on this project gets reinvested into CC. If it does I don't care much if it breaks guidelines we have to follow.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:00 pm

Night Strike wrote:And people HAVE answered why it's not gambling: because CC is a game of skill, not a game of luck. Luck = gambling, skill =/= gambling. It takes skill to win the Conquer Cup, not luck.

Almost laughed out loud at that.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby ljex on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:19 pm

Night Strike wrote:

so you think that the eventual winner of this will be the player who is the most skilled at these settings of the 500 or so participants? Because if so you have a skewed perception of reality. To win an individual game of 5 player escalating takes a decent amount of luck let alone 4 of them in a row.
Major ljex

Postby morleyjoe on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:42 pm

I agree with Mad777 - please go start another thread for your complaining about gambling. This thread is for the Conquer Cup.
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby lostatlimbo on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:42 pm

Agent 86 wrote:so bring on advertising so we can all play for free.

No, please do not do that. If I have to watch a goddamned 20 second advertisement before I take each turn, I will go start playing at a competitor's website and won't be alone.
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby denominator on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:50 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
Night Strike wrote:And people HAVE answered why it's not gambling: because CC is a game of skill, not a game of luck. Luck = gambling, skill =/= gambling. It takes skill to win the Conquer Cup, not luck.

Almost laughed out loud at that.

I actually did. It's such an absurd statement.

Wikipedia wrote:Gambling is the wagering of money or something of material value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods. Typically, the outcome of the wager is evident within a short period.

The Free Dictionary wrote:
a. To bet on an uncertain outcome, as of a contest.
b. To play a game of chance for stakes.
2. To take a risk in the hope of gaining an advantage or a benefit.
3. To engage in reckless or hazardous behavior: You are gambling with your health by continuing to smoke.
v.tr.
1. To put up as a stake in gambling; wager.
2. To expose to hazard; risk: gambled their lives in a dangerous rescue mission.
n.
1. A bet, wager, or other gambling venture.
2. An act or undertaking of uncertain outcome; a risk: I took a gamble that stock prices would rise.

It doesn't matter whether whatever is being bet on is a game of skill or luck, or whatever. All that matters is that there is a wager placed on something with an unknown outcome.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby jbrettlip on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:47 am

Well, since CC is a game of skill and not luck, why is there a section in the rules that says no gambling on CC games not even with your "points". Another case of Lack and his minions making up rules as they go, or breaking ones that aren't in their best interest.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Booleans on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:00 am

I just won my first game. Hopefully I can have a repeat performance in game 2.
Private 1st Class Booleans

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:36 pm

andrewsn22 wrote:I just won my first game. Hopefully I can have a repeat performance in game 2.

Gratz, hope to see you later in the tournament!
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Gillipig on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:48 pm

I made the mistake of not bonusmonkeying in the beginning. There's a big gorilla monkeying around in Australia in my game and he'll probably win it :( .
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby CJ Lues on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:11 am

Gillipig wrote:I made the mistake of not bonusmonkeying in the beginning. There's a big gorilla monkeying around in Australia in my game and he'll probably win it :( .

Did the same mate...! don't feel alone... :oops:
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives