Conquer Cup IV

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Media Team, Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conquer Cup IV

Postby lackattack on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:01 pm

Conquer Cup IV

Image

The Conquer Cup IV is open for registration!

Based on the positive feedback we've received on Conquer Cup III, we're using the same format for this fourth iteration of our signature mega-tournament. In other words, there will be a second chance round once again. For every game in round 1, the winner advances to round 3 and the losers play each other again in round 2. Anyone who wins in round 2 gets to advance to round 3. In short, you are guaranteed a second chance and double the action!

Conquer Cup IV will have 640 participants, first come first served. There is a small entry fee, but you can get in for free by earning Conquer Credits. There are lots of prizes and awards including Conquer Cup super achievement medals and a grand prize of the Apple iPad3 going to the winner!

The Conquer Cup is fully automated, which means the games will automatically be created and players will be automatically matched and placed into games.

Who will succeed mhennigan as our reigning Conquer Cup champion??? Visit the Conquer Cup page, under the Game Menu on the left, to take a stab at it!
User avatar
Private 1st Class lackattack
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 6112
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:34 pm
Location: Montreal, QC
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:24 pm

There is no such thing as an iPad3. There is the New iPad, but no iPad 3.
User avatar
Captain Ace Rimmer
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (4)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby tsioumiou on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:There is no such thing as an iPad3. There is the New iPad, but no iPad 3.


The third-generation iPad (announced as "The new iPad", colloquially sometimes known as "iPad 3")
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad_%283rd_generation%29

You Troll
Image
User avatar
Major tsioumiou
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:15 pm
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:37 pm

Since previous prizes were an Ipad 2 (1st and 2nd Conquer Cups), we wanted to make sure that players understood the prize for the 3rd and this 4th Conquer Cup were indeed the 'new Ipad' (which isn't so great descriptions, no offense Apple) so we labeled it as an Ipad3, as we think most if not all will understand. :)


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25539
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:05 pm

Good luck, participants!

-rd
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7229
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby NoSurvivors on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Is there a way to get into the conquer cup if you dont have a credit card? I have wanted to enter for all of them but all the "free" survey things involve one lol.
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:15 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Is there a way to get into the conquer cup if you dont have a credit card? I have wanted to enter for all of them but all the "free" survey things involve one lol.

You can open a paypal account without a credit card. Then you can move money from your bank account to paypal, and buy your CC from paypal.

Just beware that you must start early. If there is no credit card linked to your paypal account, they won't allow you instant purchases. You have to move the money from your bank account and they have to confirm that they got it before you can spend it. So, deposit to paypal a week or two in advance to make sure that it's available when you plan to need it.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 11196
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Is there a way to get into the conquer cup if you dont have a credit card? I have wanted to enter for all of them but all the "free" survey things involve one lol.

You can open a paypal account without a credit card. Then you can move money from your bank account to paypal, and buy your CC from paypal.

Just beware that you must start early. If there is no credit card linked to your paypal account, they won't allow you instant purchases. You have to move the money from your bank account and they have to confirm that they got it before you can spend it. So, deposit to paypal a week or two in advance to make sure that it's available when you plan to need it.

But if he had a bank account to begin with, couldn't he simply get a debit card?

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Is there a way to get into the conquer cup if you dont have a credit card? I have wanted to enter for all of them but all the "free" survey things involve one lol.

You can open a paypal account without a credit card. Then you can move money from your bank account to paypal, and buy your CC from paypal.

Just beware that you must start early. If there is no credit card linked to your paypal account, they won't allow you instant purchases. You have to move the money from your bank account and they have to confirm that they got it before you can spend it. So, deposit to paypal a week or two in advance to make sure that it's available when you plan to need it.

But if he had a bank account to begin with, couldn't he simply get a debit card?

-Sully

Most online transactions require a credit card. I'm not sure of the reason, but debit cards are simply not one of the selectable options on most online transactions. You need either a credit card or an e-cheque service of some kind like paypal.

I know the banks are now coming out with a new generation of cards that have online debit capability, but I'm not sure how many people have one yet. My wife just got one a couple days ago; that's the first time I heard of it.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 11196
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Lol thanks for your help :) but I am sittin this one out too :lol:
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Is there a way to get into the conquer cup if you dont have a credit card? I have wanted to enter for all of them but all the "free" survey things involve one lol.

You can open a paypal account without a credit card. Then you can move money from your bank account to paypal, and buy your CC from paypal.

Just beware that you must start early. If there is no credit card linked to your paypal account, they won't allow you instant purchases. You have to move the money from your bank account and they have to confirm that they got it before you can spend it. So, deposit to paypal a week or two in advance to make sure that it's available when you plan to need it.

But if he had a bank account to begin with, couldn't he simply get a debit card?

-Sully

Most online transactions require a credit card. I'm not sure of the reason, but debit cards are simply not one of the selectable options on most online transactions. You need either a credit card or an e-cheque service of some kind like paypal.

I know the banks are now coming out with a new generation of cards that have online debit capability, but I'm not sure how many people have one yet. My wife just got one a couple days ago; that's the first time I heard of it.


Most debit cards have duality with a credit card. In other words, you can use your debit card number in place of a credit card, and instead of going to credit, it will instead take money out of your checking account (or w/e account you have lined up with your card). I do not have a credit card, just a debit, but I've never been able to not use it as a credit card as long as I had the money in my account.

-rd
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7229
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:18 pm

^^^ Bingo.

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Gilligan on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 pm

I'd say a 16 year old has neither ;)
Image
User avatar
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12729
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 202
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:25 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Is there a way to get into the conquer cup if you dont have a credit card? I have wanted to enter for all of them but all the "free" survey things involve one lol.

You can open a paypal account without a credit card. Then you can move money from your bank account to paypal, and buy your CC from paypal.

Just beware that you must start early. If there is no credit card linked to your paypal account, they won't allow you instant purchases. You have to move the money from your bank account and they have to confirm that they got it before you can spend it. So, deposit to paypal a week or two in advance to make sure that it's available when you plan to need it.

But if he had a bank account to begin with, couldn't he simply get a debit card?

-Sully

Most online transactions require a credit card. I'm not sure of the reason, but debit cards are simply not one of the selectable options on most online transactions. You need either a credit card or an e-cheque service of some kind like paypal.

I know the banks are now coming out with a new generation of cards that have online debit capability, but I'm not sure how many people have one yet. My wife just got one a couple days ago; that's the first time I heard of it.


Most debit cards have duality with a credit card. In other words, you can use your debit card number in place of a credit card, and instead of going to credit, it will instead take money out of your checking account (or w/e account you have lined up with your card). I do not have a credit card, just a debit, but I've never been able to not use it as a credit card as long as I had the money in my account.

-rd

So, the part of the order form where it asks you to check off Visa or Mastercard, which do you check?

Besides, you wouldn't get very far on a website like CC, which demands a CVC number, because debit cards don't have a CVC.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 11196
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Gilligan wrote:I'd say a 16 year old has neither ;)

A credit card, probably not. But he should have a bank account. Most people I know went down to the bank with their parents when they were 10 or 12 to open up their first account and start learning to organise their bills.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 11196
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:33 am

Dukasaur wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Is there a way to get into the conquer cup if you dont have a credit card? I have wanted to enter for all of them but all the "free" survey things involve one lol.

You can open a paypal account without a credit card. Then you can move money from your bank account to paypal, and buy your CC from paypal.

Just beware that you must start early. If there is no credit card linked to your paypal account, they won't allow you instant purchases. You have to move the money from your bank account and they have to confirm that they got it before you can spend it. So, deposit to paypal a week or two in advance to make sure that it's available when you plan to need it.

But if he had a bank account to begin with, couldn't he simply get a debit card?

-Sully

Most online transactions require a credit card. I'm not sure of the reason, but debit cards are simply not one of the selectable options on most online transactions. You need either a credit card or an e-cheque service of some kind like paypal.

I know the banks are now coming out with a new generation of cards that have online debit capability, but I'm not sure how many people have one yet. My wife just got one a couple days ago; that's the first time I heard of it.


Most debit cards have duality with a credit card. In other words, you can use your debit card number in place of a credit card, and instead of going to credit, it will instead take money out of your checking account (or w/e account you have lined up with your card). I do not have a credit card, just a debit, but I've never been able to not use it as a credit card as long as I had the money in my account.

-rd

So, the part of the order form where it asks you to check off Visa or Mastercard, which do you check?

Besides, you wouldn't get very far on a website like CC, which demands a CVC number, because debit cards don't have a CVC.


Yes they do. Like I said, it's a credit card but it's not. My credit union is with Visa, so my card it, too. It will say on each individual card. I think you're thinking of an ATM card being a debit card. A debit card can also access ATMs, though.

-rd
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7229
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby DJPatrick on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:00 am

yes...likerdsrds2120 said...been that way in the civilized world for at least the past five years...
User avatar
Major DJPatrick
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: ipswich, queensland, Oztralia
Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:06 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:So, the part of the order form where it asks you to check off Visa or Mastercard, which do you check?

Besides, you wouldn't get very far on a website like CC, which demands a CVC number, because debit cards don't have a CVC.


Yes they do. Like I said, it's a credit card but it's not. My credit union is with Visa, so my card it, too. It will say on each individual card. I think you're thinking of an ATM card being a debit card. A debit card can also access ATMs, though.

-rd

Well, maybe American banks are a bit more avante-garde. It isn't that way here.

Even when I have a MasterCard from the same bank as my bank account, they are two different cards. One is strictly a MasterCard, the other is strictly a debit card, and they don't do the same things, even though they are linked to the same bank account.

Now, I have seen those hybrid Visas that you're talking about, but you have to qualify for a Visa first. You don't get them automatically when you open a bank account; if you do that you only get a normal debit card with no CVC, at least not here.

My wife just got the third option, the online debit card. But it doesn't replace her existing cards, it's in addition to them. So now (yes, from the same bank) she has her normal Visa card (with CVC), her normal debit card (no CVC) and just got the new online-capable debit card, which has a CVC and a Visa emblem, but is not a credit card. It comes, however, with a notice that it's only for online purchases and can't be used in ATMs. Anyway, that one just arrived last week, it's a new thing they're trying and it's the first I heard of it.

DJPatrick wrote:yes...likerdsrds2120 said...been that way in the civilized world for at least the past five years...

You can drop the arrogant tone anytime, "civilized world." At least Canada's banks didn't need a taxpayer bailout.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 11196
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:11 am

Lol, you guys, I don't think we need to carry on with this discussion; at least not here!

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby DJPatrick on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:20 am

No worries, Victor...didn't realize it was your private converstion with a set agenda...my bad...apparently...back to making money for CC...lol
User avatar
Major DJPatrick
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: ipswich, queensland, Oztralia
Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby fire127 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:57 pm

when do we thing the actual tournament will start?
Corporal 1st Class fire127
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:45 am
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby sheapaul on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:31 pm

taking a long time to fill up this time around
Card Spots are for P*ssies
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class sheapaul
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:14 pm
Location: Jasper, Indiana
Medals: 35
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby fire127 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:11 am

sheapaul wrote:taking a long time to fill up this time around

yea it basically stopped
Corporal 1st Class fire127
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:45 am
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Butters1919 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:40 am

I'm not a fan of the current format. Should they change it in the future, I would happily play.
User avatar
Lieutenant Butters1919
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:40 am
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:38 pm

fire127 wrote:
sheapaul wrote:taking a long time to fill up this time around

yea it basically stopped


:-? :-k
Image
Art by: pershy | High Score: 2550
User avatar
Captain MoB Deadly
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Location: Allentown, PA
Medals: 143
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (37) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Next

Return to Announcement Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login