Conquer Club

Conquer Cup IV

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Cup IV

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:59 am

agentcom wrote:
reptile wrote:....

However i finally decided to join the 3rd one just to say i did it. Well just as i figured i was basically taken out of the games due to noobs going for bonuses when the cards were worth WAAAAAYYYYY more than the bonuses, i tried moving my troops out before they killed themselves and myself at the same time. Even tried talking to them in the chat before they did it... to no avail. Well this happened in both games.

turns out i won one of the free entries into the Conqueror's Cup IV and my first game finished with the EXACT same result. ....

My game had the trifecta of a bonus monkey, a deadbeat and that guy who moves waaayyyy to early and sets someone else (in this case the bonus monkey) up to win the game. Fun times.

I didn't even realize it until I was automatically joined into a "Round 2" game and had to come here to figure out what had happened then went back and realized I had lost Round 1.

My experience pretty much, except minus the deadbeat.

rdsrds2120 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:We are looking into ways to change the format of the Conquer Cup, and will take all suggestions under advisement. :D

--Andy

how about making the next one an Assassin tourney. 640 players

Round 1 128 5-player games. winner advances to round 3, losers to round 2
Round 2 128 4-player games. winner advances to round 3, losers eliminated
Rounds 3 to 5 4-player games, winner advances to next round, losers eliminated
Final A 4-player game.

6 rounds of action with 2nd chances available to 1st round losers

Not a bad idea, but I don't know that there are enough people that would want to play in an Assassin tourney.

BMO

I think it's very much worth a shot.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby agentcom on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:58 am

jeepnmateo wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:We are looking into ways to change the format of the Conquer Cup, and will take all suggestions under advisement. :D

--Andy

The problem that I see with this format is that there ISN'T a direct correlation between a player's ranking and their likelihood of winning the game. This is because there are too many noobs, not enough variables to manipulate and not enough territories per player, i.e. map size is too small. My recommendations are as follows: Use World 2.1 which has more territories and bonuses per player, automatic deployment, escalating trade-ins, fog of war and unlimited reinforcements. These options will provide several more layers of in-game strategy opportunities, thus allowing the more experienced players to be able to rise to the top and win against inferior opponents more times than not. This current format feels more like checkers than chess.

HA! Of course that's what you think we should do. http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?s ... jeepnmateo.

But if you did do that you couldn't have a 20 round limit, I wouldn't think.
Colonel agentcom

Postby jeepnmateo on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:54 pm

Why else do you think I play with similar options? Think about it. You know as well as I do that there's way too much luck involved with this current format. I agree that the round limitations would be tough to comply with but I don't see any harm in a longer tournament. :D
Major jeepnmateo

Postby Man from Modesto on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:46 pm

nosurvivors and others who want to fund a CC tourney entry:

Another way to fund a PayPal account is to sell a service or good, and receive payment to your PayPal account. You will not need a bank account to do that.

Also, you can get a debit card from Wal*Mart. Or, purchase a prepaid card at most grocery stores and pharmacies.
Major Man from Modesto

Postby agentcom on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:54 pm

jeepnmateo wrote:Why else do you think I play with similar options? Think about it. You know as well as I do that there's way too much luck involved with this current format. I agree that the round limitations would be tough to comply with but I don't see any harm in a longer tournament. :D

Haha, just thought I'd call you out on it :)

But no, I don't see the harm in a longer tournament. I actually can't believe that they put only a 20 round limit on these games. 50, I could understand, but in the game that I was in, the guy who attacked before round 20 made a stupid attack that screwed over everybody (except the winner of course).
Colonel agentcom

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:34 pm

i finally made it through a round!
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Chewie1 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:51 pm

SirSebstar wrote:i finally made it through a round!

Thanks to a private that screwed me over. :D :o :-$ :evil:
Sergeant 1st Class Chewie1

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:27 am

looks like we are all stuck in this tournament. basically, the fastest players play together and the slowest play together. at the pace of these 4 guys still at the begining of round 3 i don't expect to play round 5 before february.
Major betiko

Postby greenoaks on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:17 am

betiko wrote:looks like we are all stuck in this tournament. basically, the fastest players play together and the slowest play together. at the pace of these 4 guys still at the begining of round 3 i don't expect to play round 5 before february.

don't worry, Conquer Cup IV is again taking signups
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:50 pm

greenoaks wrote:
betiko wrote:looks like we are all stuck in this tournament. basically, the fastest players play together and the slowest play together. at the pace of these 4 guys still at the begining of round 3 i don't expect to play round 5 before february.

Conquer-Ception

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:47 am

greenoaks wrote:

how weird, i'm more excited in playing this semi final rather than paying for a new tourney to be on round 1! ;)
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:00 pm

such a dramatic finish taking place right now in the last semi final.... round limit is reached 1 more turn to go and it can't get much closer in troop count for the 3 remaining... will attacker dice work??
hope not lol
Major betiko

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 pm

That is VERY close! Nail-biting!

BMO

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:26 am

PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :lol: :D :o :o :shock: :D
I will be representing myself as the last finalist!!! :D
Major betiko

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:14 am

betiko wrote:PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :lol: :D :o :o :shock: :D
I will be representing myself as the last finalist!!! :D

Fantastic!!! :D

BMO

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm

wooooohoooooooooooo!!!! bring on the ipad and the golden superacheivement medal!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Major betiko

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:37 pm

betiko wrote:wooooohoooooooooooo!!!! bring on the ipad and the golden superacheivement medal!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Congratulations! I'll PM you to get some things sorted out. Thank you everyone for playing. The next Conquer Cup will be starting soon :)

BMO

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:24 pm

betiko wrote:wooooohoooooooooooo!!!! bring on the ipad and the golden superacheivement medal!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

well played =D>
Sergeant greenoaks

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives