Conquer Club

The Revolution Begins

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Revolution Begins

Postby nietzsche on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Man Irish Spanish must be different than Castellano.

El_Jefe means literally The Boss.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:36 pm

sundance123 wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:No, I can assure you that he is not GLG. Check El_Jefe's account, that's in Indonesia. GLG is in the United States!

BMO

Surely that can be masked with a proxy server.

For some real evidence I would like to point to the fact that El Jefe is spanish for THE HEAD.

That is a fact :)

We don't allow proxy login's, unless they're really really really good :P

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:05 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
sundance123 wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:No, I can assure you that he is not GLG. Check El_Jefe's account, that's in Indonesia. GLG is in the United States!

BMO

For some real evidence I would like to point to the fact that El Jefe is spanish for THE HEAD.

BMO

Or you're the webmaster...

For the record I don't buy into that conspiracy but had to point it out regardless.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby WPBRJ on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:54 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Sorry for my lateness, I meant to have something prepared sooner for the public:

Many of you have heard separate reasons that are all things that have contributed to the permanent website ban of the player Gen.LeeGettinhed. His gameplay and abuse of the game alone did not give him this ban, his incessant use of moderator times and frustrations across multiple departments alone did not warrant his vacation, and neither, alone, did his generally unpleasant way of handling situations with the Team grant him this vacation.

GLG's banning was brought on by a summation of all of the previous. His gross abuse of the game, waste of multiple moderation teams' time, and generally annoying attitude towards TeamCC and the community at large all pointed to one direction: GLG was not worth our, nor the community's time. The site and the community will be better off with him not being a factor of the website, and ultimately, this is one example of us exercising the Common Sense clause that if a member is making the community less enjoyable for others, that they will be removed from it. This was decided on not only by myself, but other admin as well.

If you would like to discuss this information further, I encourage it in a healthy and respectful manner in another thread. As for 'others' being banned, there isn't anyone (to my knowledge) that is out of the normal Disciplinary scale. I think the 'others' comment was accidentally misleading! Best,

--rdsrds2120 (BMO)

ok

you got to love Common Sense this is the real first time i have seen this here on this site. so the big questions is when are you going to boot the next biggest pain in every ones asses. there is a few others i am sure i know there is plenty of cheaters as well that top that list that deserve to be gone
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:37 pm

To those who complain about the Robespierre-esque Trials against GLG and potentially others:

Let's clarify the informal/implicit rules of this game for CC:

Many of you have heard separate reasons that are all things that have contributed to the permanent website ban of the player Gen.LeeGettinhed. His gameplay and abuse of the game alone did not give him this ban, his incessant use of moderator times and frustrations across multiple departments alone did not warrant his vacation, and neither, alone, did his generally unpleasant way of handling situations with the Team grant him this vacation.

In other words, do not do an assortment of the following:

1. Abuse of the game
2. Incessant use of moderator times
3. Causing frustration across multiple departments
4. Unpleasant way of handling situations

So, if you (1) abuse the game in a questionable manner, but if you don't do 2, 3, and 4, the moderators will have to consider more instances of #1 in order to use the ban hammer. "Be nice or leave."

It's still vague, but hopefully that helps.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:To those who complain about the Robespierre-esque Trials against GLG and potentially others:

Let's clarify the informal/implicit rules of this game for CC:

In other words, do not do an assortment of the following:

1. Abuse of the game
2. Incessant use of moderator times
3. Causing frustration across multiple departments
4. Unpleasant way of handling situations

So, if you (1) abuse the game in a questionable manner, but if you don't do 2, 3, and 4, the moderators will have to consider more instances of #1 in order to use the ban hammer. "Be nice or leave."

It's still vague, but hopefully that helps.

A reasonable job at an explanation. Agreed.

However, it would probably be even simpler if people just followed this one umbrella rule:
Subject: Community Guidelines

AndyDufresne wrote:Don't be intentionally annoying!

Common sense prevails - if you are intentionally or continually making this community less enjoyable for others, you're going to be removed from it. It's that simple. This applies to any part of the site where interaction takes place; in Forums, Private Messages, Live Chat and Game Chat.

If you understand this one prevailing rule you can probably stop reading now, or just give everything a glance-over. If you're not sure what 'common sense prevails' means, read on for the boring details. If you don't agree with this, sayonara.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:12 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
sundance123 wrote:

BMO

BMO

yesterday Pixar's country was Proxy Server or something similar
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:00 am

I love it when common sense prevails. At the end of the day a certain player wasn't a particularly pleasant person, preying on the young, weak and naive (Savilesque) and I doubt he'll be missed.

I think I'm already a fan of this new regime, although a Berlin resident probably said just the same thing in 1933.

Good post by trini. To add to the list (or to fill in #5) there is "An anonymous tip-off or discreet PM from a disgruntled member".

Not everyone wishes to air his or her grievances in public.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:13 am

Wow, what a huge change, I'm glad to know that lack was able to hand this site off to someone who is enthusiastic about it. I was a little worried that the site was on a downward turn!! Thanks for taking over. Best of luck to the head and all the people underneath (especially rds). And thanks for getting rid of GLG. He was literally the worst thing to happen to this site.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Arama86n on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:59 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Sorry for my lateness, I meant to have something prepared sooner for the public:

GLG's banning was brought on by a summation of all of the previous. His gross abuse of the game, waste of multiple moderation teams' time, and generally annoying attitude towards TeamCC and the community at large all pointed to one direction: GLG was not worth our, nor the community's time. The site and the community will be better off with him not being a factor of the website, and ultimately, this is one example of us exercising the Common Sense clause that if a member is making the community less enjoyable for others, that they will be removed from it. This was decided on not only by myself, but other admin as well.

If you would like to discuss this information further, I encourage it in a healthy and respectful manner in another thread. As for 'others' being banned, there isn't anyone (to my knowledge) that is out of the normal Disciplinary scale. I think the 'others' comment was accidentally misleading! Best,

--rdsrds2120 (BMO)

As long as this "ultimate weapon" is used with excessive care & contemplation, and only in extreme circumstances, I am very supportive of the administration actually using common sense and removing players that obviously making the CC experience worse for everyone else.
Good job.
Major Arama86n

Postby sundance123 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:21 am

nietzsche wrote:Man Irish Spanish must be different than Castellano.

You take things too literally! The head - the boss wsame difference.
Captain sundance123

Postby eddie2 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:48 am

WPBRJ wrote:

--rdsrds2120 (BMO)

ok

you got to love Common Sense this is the real first time i have seen this here on this site. so the big questions is when are you going to boot the next biggest pain in every ones asses in eddie2. there is a few others i am sure i know there is plenty of cheaters as well that top that list that deserve to be gone

thankyou rds for the explanation. as for you wpbrs how many have complained about your attitude in running the cla event, i can tell you it was not only myself, and also think several clans are not taking part in the next event if you are running it.... also were we not warned not to flame bait each other again or there will be more steps taken well doing this kind of thing is classed as baiting flaming which i am not gonna fall into it again..

as for me i like to have a laugh and a wind up.(Come on it is a games site for entertainment.) But plz show me where i cheat, bully or victimise new players i do none of this and have helped in the demise of glg also had a helping hand in the blitzaholic case. and frankly putting me in the same line as him really shows what kind of mentallity you have. ask most moderators what i do i cause a little stir in the forums then sit back with my morning coffee and read the responses which i was told is gonna get me banned because some do not like it,, so what have i done since the words of advice. have a look and show me any form of comment in the past 3 months worthy of it. bet you cannot as for yourself what have you done abandoned your clan causeing trouble in a clan league situation (something you caused a stink about me doing when i left time.) and carried on baiting mouthy players. thats all for me because i think things are about to change majorly on site because i believe rdsrds was a brill choice for community manager as he plays the game a lot more than any of the others have... and does not hold a grudge like some.
Major eddie2

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 am

Bravo Eddie =D>
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:33 am

FTR, GLG didn't make the site worse for me. I can't be the only one, so nobody should say he made it worse for everyone.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:36 am

eddie2 wrote:
WPBRJ wrote:

--rdsrds2120 (BMO)

ok

you got to love Common Sense this is the real first time i have seen this here on this site. so the big questions is when are you going to boot the next biggest pain in every ones asses in eddie2. there is a few others i am sure i know there is plenty of cheaters as well that top that list that deserve to be gone

thankyou rds for the explanation. as for you wpbrs how many have complained about your attitude in running the cla event, i can tell you it was not only myself, and also think several clans are not taking part in the next event if you are running it.... also were we not warned not to flame bait each other again or there will be more steps taken well doing this kind of thing is classed as baiting flaming which i am not gonna fall into it again..

as for me i like to have a laugh and a wind up.(Come on it is a games site for entertainment.) But plz show me where i cheat, bully or victimise new players i do none of this and have helped in the demise of glg also had a helping hand in the blitzaholic case. and frankly putting me in the same line as him really shows what kind of mentallity you have. ask most moderators what i do i cause a little stir in the forums then sit back with my morning coffee and read the responses which i was told is gonna get me banned because some do not like it,, so what have i done since the words of advice. have a look and show me any form of comment in the past 3 months worthy of it. bet you cannot as for yourself what have you done abandoned your clan causeing trouble in a clan league situation (something you caused a stink about me doing when i left time.) and carried on baiting mouthy players. thats all for me because i think things are about to change majorly on site because i believe rdsrds was a brill choice for community manager as he plays the game a lot more than any of the others have... and does not hold a grudge like some.

Bravo eddie. I also realized you became more mature in recent time, but obviously RJ will never grow.
Major josko.ri

Postby KraphtOne on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:18 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:

you're adorable bud 8-)

and kudos on the GLG boot, while he as a person I actually enjoyed, he as a player i did not approve...
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby Foxglove on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:26 pm

eddie2 wrote:as for me i like to have a laugh and a wind up.(Come on it is a games site for entertainment.) But plz show me where i cheat, bully or victimise new players i do none of this and have helped in the demise of glg also had a helping hand in the blitzaholic case. and frankly putting me in the same line as him really shows what kind of mentallity you have.

You are a bully, eddie. You don't cheat (so far as I know!), but you do fabricate conspiracies and encourage dissension and ill-will at every turn with your every drunken, garbled post. You spearhead witch hunts of players on this site, and aren't content to file reports when you suspect players of cheating (totally reasonable) - you lie, exaggerate, prevaricate - all with the intention of "winding people up". Well you know what? YOU are one of the primary people on this site who has made my CC experience worse. I would support your banning for decreasing the quality of the CC community in a second.

eddie2 wrote:ask most moderators what i do i cause a little stir in the forums then sit back with my morning coffee and read the responses which i was told is gonna get me banned because some do not like it,, so what have i done since the words of advice. have a look and show me any form of comment in the past 3 months worthy of it.

I hope this continues to be true. Maybe you're not as terrible of a person as you've been in the past.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Keep drama out of this thread. Not only is it off-topic, but it derails and baits other players. There will not be room for it here.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Foxglove on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:58 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Keep drama out of this thread. Not only is it off-topic, but it derails and baits other players. There will not be room for it here.

BMO

Ah, only congratulations are appropriate here, regardless of a player's past actions? Noted.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Discussions about who should be banned, what evidence one may or may not have for banning, and who else may or may not be a detriment to the website and community, are better left for C&A or E-ticket Reports, Foxglove. Feel free to draft something using either of those venues.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Foxglove on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:19 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Discussions about who should be banned, what evidence one may or may not have for banning, and who else may or may not be a detriment to the website and community, are better left for C&A or E-ticket Reports, Foxglove. Feel free to draft something using either of those venues.

--Andy

Thanks, Andy.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Foxglove on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:23 pm

And enough negativity from me. Apologies.

Good luck to the new regime! I look forward to seeing new developments on CC. I've enjoyed my previous 5 years here, and I hope that the future brings some exciting changes. :)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:27 pm

No worries, Foxglove. ;) :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Conchobar on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:05 am

sundance123 wrote:

BMO

Clearly you don't speak Spanish because that is not in fact, a fact. La cabeza, now that would be the head. Not the same thing & a needless suggestion that the ghost of GLG not only haunts us but leads us is cynical at best.

3 cheers to the new administration and yipiddyflippinDOOO that the biggest pain in the ass on site has been removed. Maybe now, with a little rejigging, the scoreboard will actually start to mean something again...
Best of luck with everything guys.
Colonel Conchobar

Postby sundance123 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Conchobar wrote:
sundance123 wrote:

BMO

Thanks for bothering to read the whole thread.

sundance123 wrote:
nietzsche wrote:Man Irish Spanish must be different than Castellano.

You take things too literally! The head - the boss wsame difference.
Captain sundance123

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives