Conquer Club

The Revolution Begins

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Revolution Begins

Postby Butters1919 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Army of GOD wrote:they need to entice them with perks like pick a color, game titles, etc.

If picking your own color is all that's keeping you from going premium, that's sad.
Cook Butters1919

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Bittersweet.
I like Andy and I have nothing specific against lackattack other than the fact that he didn't have time to give his all to the site. I'm actually a little saddened since I think that lackattack would like to give more attention to the site in a perfect world and he's made a really great thing here. I only hope this El Jefe is as cool of a guy. Time will tell?
Perhaps lack didn't actually sell the site but merely turned over the helm as Agentcom suggested. This would be nice as maybe lack could come back someday when he was feeling more up for the challenge. It's a romantic idea but hey, It's his baby after all.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby greenoaks on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Bittersweet.
I like Andy and I have nothing specific against lackattack other than the fact that he didn't have time to give his all to the site. I'm actually a little saddened since I think that lackattack would like to give more attention to the site in a perfect world and he's made a really great thing here. I only hope this El Jefe is as cool of a guy. Time will tell?
Perhaps lack didn't actually sell the site but merely turned over the helm as Agentcom suggested. This would be nice as maybe lack could come back someday when he was feeling more up for the challenge. It's a romantic idea but hey, It's his baby after all.

the bottom of the screen says Salamander Software which is lack's company.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:05 am

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby KoolBak on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:37 am

Well....guess I'll post too. I want to address a lot of the negative posters here, but I shant.

Lack....I don't know what to say....I will be less happy every day when I play knowing you're not there on you throne watching over me, eating poutine...realy though...having been here from damn near day 1, you know my level of respect for you....and I DO still owe you my friend - perhaps you'll shoot me a note?

I wish you and your new family the best my friend.....I am ... hesitant.....about the Jeff....we shall see. Long, healthy, happy life brother :D
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby WidowMakers on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:23 am

good luck everybody.
this site has been great and help me learn a lot of things and make a lot of friends.
it'll be great to see what happens in the future.
Major WidowMakers

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:20 am

WidowMakers wrote:good luck everybody.
this site has been great and help me learn a lot of things and make a lot of friends.

nice sig, where are those maps?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby john9blue on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:51 am

my first game ever was on a widowmakers map
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby IditarodGuy on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:56 am

Army of GOD wrote:Since there has been a good 6+ years of no advertisements I feel like it'd be very lame to start having advertisements. They don't need to threaten freemiums to go premium, they need to entice them with perks like pick a color, game titles, etc.

I quite agree with you, advertisements slow the computer down, they introduce things that CC don't want, it begins to harm those who are not premium. Some people don't have money for premium, is it fair to make their game more less enjoyable more those who can't afford it? It sounds like a not-so-good idea to me. This is how I personally feel about the subject. I don't think that it will get me to upgrade so I don't have advertisements, I think it would get me to leave CC. Anyway thats my opinion.

Thanks,
IditarodGuy
Major IditarodGuy

Postby RjBeals on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:35 am

greenoaks wrote:nice sig, where are those maps?

another risk site we aren't allowed to say on the forums.
Private RjBeals

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:03 am

IditarodGuy wrote:\
I quite agree with you, advertisements slow the computer down, they introduce things that CC don't want, it begins to harm those who are not premium. Some people don't have money for premium, is it fair to make their game more less enjoyable more those who can't afford it? It sounds like a not-so-good idea to me. This is how I personally feel about the subject. I don't think that it will get me to upgrade so I don't have advertisements, I think it would get me to leave CC. Anyway thats my opinion.

Thanks,
IditarodGuy

Just so you know, it does cost money to bring a site to you for "free".
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:56 pm

if there were advertisements when i first joined, i most likely would not be here to make this post.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby eddie2 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:57 pm

El_Jefe wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. A few people have asked about the huge gap (five years) in my account activity here. Allow me to explain...
I started to play CC and was just getting into it. My son got the bug so I helped him get set up as well. He got hooked and soon begged me for premium membership (how could I refuse?). Then he played for a few months but, as kids do, eventually got distracted (with 20+ games on the go). I played his account so he wouldn't deadbeat all his games and soon I was hooked on the speed games and improving his ranking. Suddenly five years and 1500+ games go by. The current admins suggested I revert back to my ID for this transition as he had some personal info in game comments and plenty of seven year old fits of rage after a run of bad luck.
That is all. Feel free to let the conspiracy theories start to fly. :-s

rofl this makes me laugh......

my wife joined the site played 1 or 2 games didnt like it, then my son wanted to join so i asked if he could use my wifes account, i was told no as this would be classed as account sharing and end up with both of them being banned from site.

thats in the past but i think out of all fairness you should tell us the name of the account you have been playing so we know who the player is behind the webmaster title....

then if this is done i would like to wish you all the best in your endeavors and a very big round of applause for appointing rds a regular speed player and chatter in live chat.

p.s.
i would like to give andy a big round of applause he has shown himself to be a true gentleman in dealing with matters fairly and unbiased, (even stepping in and reopening the blitzaholic case.) also being a regular forum user (mind you not so much in games.) i might even get a chance to smac your arse a couple of times now you going to play regular :lol: :lol: :lol: ...

as for lack not really had much chat with you or seen you online very much but respect for starting one of the most addictive online games i have came across.
Major eddie2

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:42 pm

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:if there were advertisements when i first joined, i most likely would not be here to make this post.

Possibly the same for me, there has to be a point-break with that. To simply say "don't bother me with ads because I don't want to pay and keep the site free for me", is not a good reason to not have ads.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby WidowMakers on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:48 pm

greenoaks wrote:
WidowMakers wrote:good luck everybody.

nice sig, where are those maps?

Somewhere else
Major WidowMakers

Postby WPBRJ on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Congrats to all the new faces

I was just wondering we're the new officials stand on competitive clans there have been tons of broken promises from the old? Is this going to continue with the new guys promise the world to make us happy and do nothing to buy time and then in another year just repromise and still do nothing?

Just wondering

R.J.
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:05 pm

WPBRJ wrote:Congrats to all the new faces

I was just wondering we're the new officials stand on competitive clans there have been tons of broken promises from the old? Is this going to continue with the new guys promise the world to make us happy and do nothing to buy time and then in another year just repromise and still do nothing?

Just wondering

R.J.

There isn't currently an exact timeframe for future events, but we'll have a good grasp in the next month or so on what's going to be done and in what order. I'm hoping to give each Department tools that they need appropriately.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:17 pm

RjBeals wrote:
greenoaks wrote:nice sig, where are those maps?

another risk site we aren't allowed to say on the forums.

yes we are - majcom, majcom, majcom

great site, definately the best of the rest. too pricey for me although i do pop in from time to time. plus running tournaments is mostly what i do these days and freemiums cant do that over there.

hopefully the new management here will put through for TO's a multiple game create and invite update. ;)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gunn217 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:03 pm

greenoaks wrote:
hopefully the new management here will put through for TO's a multiple game create and invite update. ;)

I dream of that day!
Major Gunn217

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Gunn217 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

I dream of that day!

Amen!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby niMic on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Well damn. This is going to take some getting used to, after six years with Lack.

You did well, Lack. Cheers.
Highest score: 3692
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby laughingcavalier on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:50 pm

niMic wrote:Well damn. This is going to take some getting used to, after six years with Lack.

You did well, Lack. Cheers.

Yeah lack - it was a fantastic achievement to make this site with its gaming & community - hope you will be proud of it throughout your livelong days.
Hats off to andy, a model to community managers everywhere.

And best wishes to the new management, hope you are coming up with a strategy for action.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Holy balls. Never thought I'd see the day.

Going to be weird without the head turtle being the head turtle and the banana obsessed monkey not being 2nd in Command. But good luck to the new owners and good luck to the former heads with integrating as "regulars."
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby dcowboys055 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:39 pm

Congrats on growing the site so well lack and bowing out gracefully. I've now spent over a fourth of my life (!) as a CC member and still love playing.

Andy, you da man for shouting out the longest thread, thread. You've also done a great job on here. Clear and level leadership!

dc
XI since August '06
Captain dcowboys055

Postby Gilligan on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:52 pm

dcowboys055 wrote:Congrats on growing the site so well lack and bowing out gracefully. I've now spent over a fourth of my life (!) as a CC member and still love playing.

Andy, you da man for shouting out the longest thread, thread. You've also done a great job on here. Clear and level leadership!

dc

Holy crap.

I've spent 32% of my life here.
Captain Gilligan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives