Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and Clans

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Media Team, Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby Commander62890 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Para's a welcome addition for sure, but Poly's a real game-changer. Thanks.
User avatar
Major Commander62890
 
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:52 pm
Medals: 122
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby neanderpaul14 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:40 pm

I think the Parachute goes great with the Poly
Image

High score: 2724/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Corporal neanderpaul14
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (13)

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:09 am

Bruceswar wrote:
agentcom wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:Another bug.... If you get taken out in a poly game by someone who you have not played before you have a need to leave feedback, but yet you cannot until the game is over.


Are you saying you should be able to leave feedback in the middle of the game? This would be unlike any other game type. In all other games you cannot leave feedback until YOU are eliminated (in the case of poly games, completely eliminated). I don't really need feedback options in the middle of the game. Sometimes, I would like to leave feedback midgame, but (a) it would clutter up the screen and (b) this really doesn't have anything to do with poly games.



No I am saying that it is telling me to leave feedback for games that are not finished yet... Obviously I do not want to nor should I be asked to until a game is over.


OK, I've read both your posts a couple times and they seem to be saying opposite things to me ... I must be missing something.
Image
User avatar
Colonel agentcom
 
Posts: 3916
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:17 am

agentcom wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
agentcom wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:Another bug.... If you get taken out in a poly game by someone who you have not played before you have a need to leave feedback, but yet you cannot until the game is over.


Are you saying you should be able to leave feedback in the middle of the game? This would be unlike any other game type. In all other games you cannot leave feedback until YOU are eliminated (in the case of poly games, completely eliminated). I don't really need feedback options in the middle of the game. Sometimes, I would like to leave feedback midgame, but (a) it would clutter up the screen and (b) this really doesn't have anything to do with poly games.



No I am saying that it is telling me to leave feedback for games that are not finished yet... Obviously I do not want to nor should I be asked to until a game is over.


OK, I've read both your posts a couple times and they seem to be saying opposite things to me ... I must be missing something.


They both say the same to me..

  • Kills one slot of a poly team.
  • Told to leave a rating for the player.
  • Shouldn't be possible until the game is over.
Image
User avatar
Major iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 3378
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby greenoaks on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:44 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
agentcom wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
agentcom wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:Another bug.... If you get taken out in a poly game by someone who you have not played before you have a need to leave feedback, but yet you cannot until the game is over.


Are you saying you should be able to leave feedback in the middle of the game? This would be unlike any other game type. In all other games you cannot leave feedback until YOU are eliminated (in the case of poly games, completely eliminated). I don't really need feedback options in the middle of the game. Sometimes, I would like to leave feedback midgame, but (a) it would clutter up the screen and (b) this really doesn't have anything to do with poly games.



No I am saying that it is telling me to leave feedback for games that are not finished yet... Obviously I do not want to nor should I be asked to until a game is over.


OK, I've read both your posts a couple times and they seem to be saying opposite things to me ... I must be missing something.


They both say the same to me..

  • Kills one slot of a poly team.
  • Told to leave a rating for the player.
  • Shouldn't be possible until the game is over.

that's the way i see it too. you shouldn't be able to leave a rating until you have been eliminated from the game.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 pm

nukes + poly =

Image
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby Herbas on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:10 pm

I was basically done with CC as I've got tired of searching for private games with good players, being killed by vengeful noobs in public games or winning/losing games solely on dicerolls in 1v1 games. My last login was 4 months ago, but as soon as I read about polymorphics, I got back and bought a premium. Now excuse me as I got to set a bunch of new games....
User avatar
Captain Herbas
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:52 pm
Location: Top Score: 2647
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby agentcom on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Herbas wrote:I was basically done with CC as I've got tired of searching for private games with good players, being killed by vengeful noobs in public games or winning/losing games solely on dicerolls in 1v1 games. My last login was 4 months ago, but as soon as I read about polymorphics, I got back and bought a premium. Now excuse me as I got to set a bunch of new games....


Awesome Herbas!!! Glad to have you back :)

Posts like these lift my spirits ... I'm sure it's music to the ears of Team CC :D
Image
User avatar
Colonel agentcom
 
Posts: 3916
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby agentcom on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:18 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
They both say the same to me..

  • Kills one slot of a poly team.
  • Told to leave a rating for the player.
  • Shouldn't be possible until the game is over.


Yeah, I agree with this. I just apparently misread what Bruce was saying at first.
Image
User avatar
Colonel agentcom
 
Posts: 3916
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:19 pm

It says I need to leave feedback but I cannot, just to be clear.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Captain Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9572
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures
Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby RICHARDJOHN on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:13 pm

i was wondering if a new option could be considered. several times (a lot for me, lol) while playing a game, you realize there is no way someone could win. instead of death by a thousand cuts, we have an option available to surrender. it ends the game quicker and the players can move along to other games. let me know if this is possible.
Sergeant RICHARDJOHN
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 am
Location: LAREDO, TEXAS
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby spiesr on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:13 pm

RICHARDJOHN wrote:i was wondering if a new option could be considered. several times (a lot for me, lol) while playing a game, you realize there is no way someone could win. instead of death by a thousand cuts, we have an option available to surrender. it ends the game quicker and the players can move along to other games. let me know if this is possible.
In the past this suggestion was rejected due to abuse that occurred when such a feature existed early in the site's history. The new administration has indicated that it would possibly be willing to reconsider the suggestion with some restriction. I encourage you to give us your opinion on what circumstances you would like to see a surrender option for in the suggestion thread.
User avatar
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2806
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login