Monthly Challenges:January 2014

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Media Team, Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Monthly Challenges:December 2013

Postby denominator on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:28 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
denominator wrote:So anyone that joins 28 games with those settings automatically gets the medal?

How is it calculated who gets the medal? Do we have to post here or is this done behind the scenes?

It is done behind the scenes. You will automatically get one, although I am thinking we need a No Deadbeat clause.

One advantage of posting game numbers here is that I can check and make sure the settings are good. Your games are, and the link goes to a page where people can join the games you created.

Awesome, thanks!

You could just hand out -1 points for every turn missed (or -5 for a deadbeat game) if you want to avoid spammed games for the medal that aren't played.
Lieutenant denominator
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member

Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby Gilligan on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:23 am

agentcom wrote:Yeah, if there's brackets in the URL, you have to post the &code for open and close bracket instead. I'll look for those and update this post when I find them. Also, you can remove any settings that aren't set from the URL.

Edit: okay, this used to work, but they've really screwed around with the gamefinder URL unfortunately. I know you used to be able to use the &codes for stuff when you were replacing a bracket in a setting. Unfortunately, the settings themselves now appear to have brackets attached to them for no apparent reason.

So formerly, this would come up in tournament names for example when you'd need to replace a tourney name like "[2013] Tournament" with "[2013] Tournament". Unfortunately, I can't get this to work any more. I have a feeling it's because instead of being a restriction (i.e. on the right side of an "=") the brackets now appear in the setting abbreviation themselves (i.e. on the left side of the "="). The alternative explanation is that I'm using the wrong &code.

Edit 2: Use %codes. Replace [ with %5b and ] with %5d and the URL should parse correctly, letting you place a working URL in a URL tag:

I.e.

Code: Select all
[url=www.site.com/find[]=Y&otherstuff]Descriptive Text[/url]

Should be entered as

[url=www.site.com/find%5b%5d=Y&otherstuff]Descriptive Text[/url]

Edit 3: I took the liberty of making the URL for you. Notice that I removed any unset variables and also removed the userid variable, as I'm assuming that's used to not show games that you are in. If you leave that in there, I suspect that any game that you join may be removed from the search results. I think the new URLs are too clever by half. Not sure why they changed it up.

www.conquerclub.com/player.php?gs%5b%5d=W&np%5b%5d=5&po%5b%5d=S&ft%5b%5d=O&wf%5b%5d=Y&tw%5b%5d=Y&sg%5b%5d=N&pt%5b%5d=N&submit=Search

Here's a working version of that URL:

Link to Games

This appears to be for all games, not just Scotland
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 202
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:28 am

the link in the OP works; the code mp is for map i think.
show
Sergeant DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:22 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:the link in the OP works; the code mp is for map i think.

I made sure of that.
You're welcome. :D

sempai
Can you lead a nation to World Cup glory? Join the FCCFP!!
High score: 2088 - May 30, 2014
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Sergeant 1st Class sempaispellcheck
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10)
Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (9) General Contribution (4)

Postby Count Belisle on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:15 am

Doom here are some games. I posted I don't know exactly how to do the url link.

so I will just post them here.

Game 13678335

also so I will make a post of the challenge in My clans/ training forums (Mythology and The Underworld)
Want to enter The Underworld? Click here to send me a PM and find out how. (Selective Recruitment)
Private 1st Class Count Belisle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby agentcom on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:50 am

Gilligan wrote:[

This appears to be for all games, not just Scotland

Sorry about that. I did so many attempts that I must've not selected the map in the last one. Oops. Sounds like DY got it handled though.
Colonel agentcom

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby GioDuce on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:04 am

I also make a go for this challenge.

If you have games in search for players.... you can Always give me an invite and i'll be happy to accept.

I also made some games with different settings open to join :
http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?gn=&np%5B%5D=5&ty%5B%5D=C&mp%5B%5D=95&to=&lb=&p1=gioduce&p2=&p3=&p4=&submit=Search&uid=546364&mode=find
Captain GioDuce

Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Frito Bandito on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:00 pm

well,... giddy up!
Major Frito Bandito

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3)
Challenge Achievement (3)

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:39 am

Frito Bandito wrote:well,... giddy up!

:lol:
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:09 pm

Is there any way to get this into announcement feed? Right now I am bumping it, as I don't want to lose top billing to the home-page. Oddly enough, I am trying to get onto the home page.
show
Sergeant DoomYoshi

Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:34 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Is there any way to get this into announcement feed? Right now I am bumping it, as I don't want to lose top billing to the home-page. Oddly enough, I am trying to get onto the home page.

I've headlined it for you.

Oddly enough, I just headlined your Interrogation a couple hours ago. You're quite the headline hustler today!

Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:55 am

If anyone is worried about games not finishing in time, here are some ideas:
-set a round limit
-set the game to manual (i just created some escalators and there are a couple zombies out there)
-organize an RT group (feel free to use this thread, callouts, live chat, whatever)
show
Sergeant DoomYoshi

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Is this the thread for making fun of DoomYoshi?
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:18 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Is this the thread for making fun of DoomYoshi?

No, that's over here.

Do try to pay attention at the meetings.

:roll:
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby Sirius Kase on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Does casual mean no round limit? Is that still the case or has it been changed to permit round limits? I used the link in GioDuce post above to find some games to clone. Only the ones that I created without round limits appear in the Joins Games link in the original post, but other games created with round limits by someone else do appear. I'm concerned about starting games that will finish by the end of the year.
Last edited by Sirius Kase on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 1st Class Sirius Kase

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (6) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby agentcom on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Casual means no speed games
Colonel agentcom

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby Sirius Kase on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:53 pm

thanks

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (6) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby GioDuce on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:15 am

Sirius Kase wrote:Does casual mean no round limit? Is that still the case or has it been changed to permit round limits? I used the link in GioDuce post above to find some games to clone. Only the ones that I created without round limits appear in the Joins Games link in the original post, but other games created with round limits by someone else do appear. I'm concerned about starting games that will finish by the end of the year.

Try to find those players you know that are frequently online, few times a day.
- You can still gain points for kills. ( games don't need to end if i read correct, but you do get a point for a finished game )

Lot's of fun this challenge, i'm looking forward to the start of next month already.
Captain GioDuce

Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:33 pm

As a heads up, there will be an extra completion window after the end of the month. More details will follow, but do not worry about starting a game even into the last week of December.
show
Sergeant DoomYoshi

Postby Sirius Kase on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:12 pm

My Scotland games all filled up except for Game 13699246. Thanks for the challenge.

Postby shoop76 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Sirius Kase wrote:My Scotland games all filled up except for Game 13699246. Thanks for the challenge.

Thought games had to be trench to count.
Major shoop76

Medals: 158
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (33) General Achievement (13)
Clan Achievement (26) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:46 pm

shoop76 wrote:
Sirius Kase wrote:My Scotland games all filled up except for Game 13699246. Thanks for the challenge.

Thought games had to be trench to count.

They do. You can check public games by the link from the first post. if your game isn't there, it doesn't count.
show
Sergeant DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:22 am

DoomYoshi wrote:As a heads up, there will be an extra completion window after the end of the month. More details will follow, but do not worry about starting a game even into the last week of December.

Cool cause we are not responsible of the length of a 5 men trench game!
Also doom, I think it would make more sense to have these challenges exclusively played on speed games. It would be a great thing to get people back into speed gaming. Let s say each month a game type and settings is chosen, and games are automatically created in the speedgame section for people to join. Points could be counted automatically and with speed games you could set the end of the month as a real deadline.

I think your challenges should be more focused into encouraging to play new settings with new maps on speed game. Let s say alaska, zombie polymorph speed games or something next month... It s your baby, just my 2cents ;)
Brigadier betiko

Medals: 159
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 am

betiko wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:As a heads up, there will be an extra completion window after the end of the month. More details will follow, but do not worry about starting a game even into the last week of December.

Cool cause we are not responsible of the length of a 5 men trench game!
Also doom, I think it would make more sense to have these challenges exclusively played on speed games. It would be a great thing to get people back into speed gaming. Let s say each month a game type and settings is chosen, and games are automatically created in the speedgame section for people to join. Points could be counted automatically and with speed games you could set the end of the month as a real deadline.

I think your challenges should be more focused into encouraging to play new settings with new maps on speed game. Let s say alaska, zombie polymorph speed games or something next month... It s your baby, just my 2cents ;)

+1
Colonel iAmCaffeine

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 am

speed games take way too long... i don't have the patience to sit around one spot for 6 hours.
show
Sergeant DoomYoshi

Next

Return to Announcement Archives