Conquer Club

Whac-A-Mod 2014

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Whac-A-Mod 2014

Postby IcePack on Wed May 28, 2014 4:24 pm

loenatiek wrote:do you always need a password or to be invited for this?

Some are in game finder with passwords. Others are invited thru a forum area / challenge.
Or Facebook, Twitter feeds.

But there are lots of others that show up in the banner on front page they just tend to fill very quickly. Making 5 @ a time they tend to be grabbed before I can even accept my own invite

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Wed May 28, 2014 4:37 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
chris.yfc wrote:
JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:you run onto this problem each time. Its a 3 day event but games are only available 1 day. Than everyone joins the games leaving no games for some players. In the past years, you only needed to win one game but could only join one game at a time for the medal so no big deal. Now you need to collect X amount of tokens. Good luck trying to fulfill that requirement with limited games.

I have had the same story, never seen available games

And even though JOHNNYROCKET24 has complained so much he some how has managed to join no fewer than 21 games.... seems somewhat hypocritical doesn't it?

yes. big thanks to the 1 mod that gave me half of those games. Now if can get the passwords to the rest and start using the banner to join the games it would be a big help.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Nicky15 on Wed May 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Game 14479340
Game 14479463

a game for those with 2 games or under only.
Major Nicky15

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed May 28, 2014 6:02 pm

InnyaFacce wrote:DoomYoshi's Invitational

Das Schloss
1 vs 1
Automatic
Sequential
No Spoils
Chained
Fog of War
20 Rounds

Pick a different map please.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby redspyder on Wed May 28, 2014 7:46 pm

macbone wrote:
grt is going to be tough to beat, though. He joined exactly 7 games, has won 5, and 2 are still playing. The board has him at 71%, but he's actually a perfect 5 for 5 so far!

Yep. Tough to beat 100%.

Does anyone know what the final all-in Whac-A-Mod Showdown is going to look like?
Major redspyder

Postby IcePack on Wed May 28, 2014 8:04 pm

redspyder wrote:
macbone wrote:
grt is going to be tough to beat, though. He joined exactly 7 games, has won 5, and 2 are still playing. The board has him at 71%, but he's actually a perfect 5 for 5 so far!

Yep. Tough to beat 100%.

Does anyone know what the final all-in Whac-A-Mod Showdown is going to look like?

He's got a game against me I'll do my best to ensure not 100% ;)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jltile1 on Wed May 28, 2014 9:55 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:
chris.yfc wrote:
JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:you run onto this problem each time. Its a 3 day event but games are only available 1 day. Than everyone joins the games leaving no games for some players. In the past years, you only needed to win one game but could only join one game at a time for the medal so no big deal. Now you need to collect X amount of tokens. Good luck trying to fulfill that requirement with limited games.

I have had the same story, never seen available games

And even though JOHNNYROCKET24 has complained so much he some how has managed to join no fewer than 21 games.... seems somewhat hypocritical doesn't it?

yes. big thanks to the 1 mod that gave me half of those games. Now if can get the passwords to the rest and start using the banner to join the games it would be a big help.

So no one else gets a game sweet!
Major jltile1

Postby jltile1 on Wed May 28, 2014 10:14 pm

I have tried to get in multiple games all needed a PW. First off I would like to say this is the worst challenge CC has came up with. Why would all the games have not have the same PW ? The PW has changed and if not sitting here ( like some people) hoarding the games, how the hell do you get one ? Please think this over next time cause this is so this is not so lame
Major jltile1

Postby lokisgal on Wed May 28, 2014 10:21 pm

Yep this is really poorly organized. Not enough games to go around. In the past there have been limits to the amount of games you can join so that everyone can get in on the fun. Whats even worse is the games are very sporadically posted. Hard to find any to join and Im on here multiple times in a day . I feel lucky to have found the 5 or 6 I have. The old way was better allowing you to only join a limited amount of games and only needing to whack 1 mod. It gave everyone a chance not just the people who have the time to wait around all day and then join 20 or more games. By offering extra to the people with the most you cut off the people who cant be online every moment. There is no community in this challenge. Suggest you dont offer medals for most points in something this short it just cuts people out and I dont think that was the intention
If I can ever get enough for a medal I wont be joining after that - Im not a ball hog ;)

Another fail in conducting a a challenge :?
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jltile1 on Thu May 29, 2014 12:53 am

IcePack wrote:

Some are in game finder with passwords. Others are invited thru a forum area / challenge.

But there are lots of others that show up in the banner on front page they just tend to fill very quickly. Making 5 @ a time they tend to be grabbed before I can even accept my own invite

Is this real I need to go to Facebook or Twitter to find a game? This is odd so I pay to CC but need to get on Facebook to find special games?

Maybe I can only get a game if I get a invite to a nuke all bases Trench, I sure love those settings!!!
Major jltile1

Postby Donelladan on Thu May 29, 2014 3:02 am

The Top 7 Players with 40 Play Tokens or more win a Challenge Achievement

Does it mean I need to play at least 40 games to get a Challenge achivement?

Also, it seems we are ranked by winning %.
What about multiplayer game? By clicking on the banner I've been added to a 12 players doubles games. I have pretty low % of winning them. A bit unfair compare to people joining 1vs1 games.

Also, the join banner doesn't really tell every settings on the game you're joining. Would be better if it was a bit clearer.

Thanks for the challenge.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Thu May 29, 2014 8:41 am

jltile1 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Is this real I need to go to Facebook or Twitter to find a game? This is odd so I pay to CC but need to get on Facebook to find special games?

Maybe I can only get a game if I get a invite to a nuke all bases Trench, I sure love those settings!!!

Not all games, but I think there's been a few.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu May 29, 2014 8:42 am

Donelladan wrote:
The Top 7 Players with 40 Play Tokens or more win a Challenge Achievement

Does it mean I need to play at least 40 games to get a Challenge achivement?

Also, it seems we are ranked by winning %.
What about multiplayer game? By clicking on the banner I've been added to a 12 players doubles games. I have pretty low % of winning them. A bit unfair compare to people joining 1vs1 games.

Also, the join banner doesn't really tell every settings on the game you're joining. Would be better if it was a bit clearer.

Thanks for the challenge.

Yes 40 for challenge, but 7 is min requirements for the event and a chance to win.
It is by win %

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby InnyaFacce on Thu May 29, 2014 9:39 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
InnyaFacce wrote:DoomYoshi's Invitational

Das Schloss
1 vs 1
Automatic
Sequential
No Spoils
Chained
Fog of War
20 Rounds

Pick a different map please.

Feudal Epic
1 vs 1
Automatic
Sequential
No Spoils
Parachute
Fog of War
20 Rounds
DAS SCHLOß DOUBLES F/S 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby lokisgal on Thu May 29, 2014 9:43 am

Ive found 5 yes 5 games and Im on here at least 6 times a day. The 5th I had to ask a mod to invite me . So sad that those of us who want to do this keep getting cut out by the way this is set up which encourages people to hog the ball so to speak

another poorly run event..

ps accepting invites from mods - sigh - sad I have to ask..
Captain lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 29, 2014 10:04 am

lokisgal wrote:Ive found 5 yes 5 games and Im on here at least 6 times a day. The 5th I had to ask a mod to invite me . So sad that those of us who want to do this keep getting cut out by the way this is set up which encourages people to hog the ball so to speak

another poorly run event..

ps accepting invites from mods - sigh - sad I have to ask..

I've got in a grand total of four games. Three because chemefreak started a thread willing to play anyone and another because Dukasaur did the same.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Thu May 29, 2014 10:58 am

Still 4 days left in the event so if your 1/2 there 1/2 way through the event it sounds like you've got a good chance of getting the games needed.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Leehar on Thu May 29, 2014 11:56 am

Wall me if you have less than 7 games and need some. I'll create & invite those who honestly do need to get to 7.

Note: I don't usually play games rt, so don't expect the games to finish quickly.
Note2: It most likely won't be a map you like, as it's more about which maps I can get practice on, since I'll rarely create the same map twice.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby IcePack on Thu May 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Just added another 50 games, all via the banner open to anyone.

Edit: Make that 75, added some classic.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby belize on Thu May 29, 2014 12:24 pm

What is the password? If its open to all there shouldn't be a password
Lieutenant belize

Postby IcePack on Thu May 29, 2014 12:26 pm

belize wrote:What is the password? If its open to all there shouldn't be a password

There is a join button on the my games page that you just click "join". It needs a PW to be put on the banner, but once it's there no PW is needed just click join on the banner games.

Since you missed out I'll find out what you wanted to join and make a new one for you with an invite

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby trinicardinal on Thu May 29, 2014 2:32 pm

belize wrote:What is the password? If its open to all there shouldn't be a password

Because the games have to be defined as tournament games for site purposes they MUST carry a password... Ideally the password for an open game would have been listed in the game title but its possible the mod forgot or posted it somewhere else
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Tobikera on Thu May 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Any mods want to play Berlin 1961, auto, seq, foggy, ESC, chained, no trench? If so, please set them up. I need 5 more games. Thanks to the mods who set up my first two!!
Captain Tobikera

Postby DJPatrick on Fri May 30, 2014 3:28 am

Whym Bother...thanx a LOT guys...actually been off work sick and on here a lot this past week but NO avail action on this one...I mean come on...(to be fair the Admin of the site didn't send a reminder when Premium was about to run out and I ran over nearly a week before "someone" got it together to ask for Ka$h)...hahaha... :twisted:
Lieutenant DJPatrick

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives