Conquer Club

WHAC-A-MOD IX

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: WHAC-A-MOD IX

Postby ooge on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:03 pm

Keefie wrote:The Hive game was a request.

Believe what you want, nothing I can say will change you mind.

as I have already now proven with you.being dishonest will not change my mind. mr. galipoli trench because he says he wants quick and easy games.
Captain ooge

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:54 pm

ooge wrote:To Icepack who now has me foed. Foeing for this huh? I thought Mods were not supposed to foe people.

Yep, I did. Your an idiot. I dont have time for idiots. We are allowed to foe anyone we want / need to, just like anyone else. When you say stupid shit like this:

Nice to see that a player can not defend his position so he brings others in to gang up on someone who is making a valid pt of the unfair advantage mods have and use against players.

Where I literally didn't say a fucking thing to anyone about it, you can get on my foe list and stay there. Seriously, you talk about lying about positions and things and you literally are making shit up and now your pissing me off.

ooge wrote: I dont think your a dishonest person but I do think Your arguments in this were. it really would have been a lot easier to acknowledge the unfair advantage and this unbalanced system.but you instead chose to be defensive and then justify noobing. did you play some simple maps? that would be quick and easy allowing more players a chance to participate. yes you did.were they probably polly? probably but still well done by you.

Whatever dude. I'm not going to argue with a moron. Believe whatever you want. Refuse to listen. Call me a liar. Clearly thats the only thing you can do and refuse to consider something outside of your own limited thought process. What the hell does poly have anything to do with it? Its the same as a team game, again, what i normally play. what i normally do, and takes less time. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING FOR HALF A SECOND.

Icepack said that 1 on 1 classic is more difficult for him over playing polly any map and that is B.S. and him saying that means he is being dishonest with his argument.

Its not BS. It might be BS for you, thats great you are good at 1vs1 Classic. It takes me more time then the other maps do. How hard is that to understand??? Not everybody is you or has your same level of experience (or inexperience).

a player with under 500 games played I doubt has played it.leaveing a lot of players to be noobed.

You're arguing intent to noob, but that wasn't the intent. There are a lot of people who play it, its a popular map. The point is players get to select their games, so it would be a POPULAR game that people would LIKE to play on.

Btw his win % is 52% but I am sure he was trying to noob players

Except i wasn't. So your lying. Or stupid. Or both.

ICEPACK DID WHICH IS BE DEFENSIVE AND TRYING TO JUSTIFY NOOBING OF THE PLAYERS

I didn't JUSTIFY anything, I explained my thought process asshole.

make all the games random next time

As multiple people have said, it would take to long for the turns. We wouldn't be able to start enough games to get everyone a chance to play.

You get medals just for being a mod.

No we get medals for volunteering and working hard, we dont get it just for existing and having colors.

Anyway, your foed for good. I dont care what else you have to say, its all BS anyway. Dont join my games next year bcuz I wont have anything nice to say to you.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:23 am

IcePack wrote:Your an idiot.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Keefie on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:01 am

You know what Ooge you right. I created those 6 (out of 97) Gallipoli games with the sole purpose of running riot up the scoreboard.

You know what mate, if there was a emoji of a five knuckle shuffle, you'd be getting one right now.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Fyrdraca on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:42 am

Keefie wrote:You know what Ooge you right. I created those 6 (out of 97) Gallipoli games with the sole purpose of running riot up the scoreboard.

You know what mate, if there was a emoji of a five knuckle shuffle, you'd be getting one right now.

And I joined two of them and beat you on both, ooge's argument is quite unfounded.
Colonel Fyrdraca

Postby benga on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:48 pm

are mods winning?
Sergeant benga

Postby JPlo64 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:17 pm

benga wrote:are mods winning?

Are the rewards just for the non-Mods or can Mods win them too?
Major JPlo64

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:14 pm

JPlo64 wrote:

I'm not sure. I believe mods get a medal at 40 play tokens and I'm unaware if they are able to compete for the 20 games highest win% prizes.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:20 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:

I'm not sure. I believe mods get a medal at 40 play tokens and I'm unaware if they are able to compete for the 20 games highest win% prizes.

The extra GC medal at 40 games is for mods only.

ALL of the other prizes are available to both mods and non-mods.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby JPlo64 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:

little unfair since mods have more control over the games they play.
Major JPlo64

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:20 pm

JPlo64 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:

It's to create an incentive for the mods to put themselves through the grinder. You have to understand the numbers involved. There are something like 6500 members and something between 20 and 30 active mods. In order for the average member to have a decent shot at a medal, the mods have to play a lot more games than they would prefer to. A few mods play literally hundreds of games, others play 20, 40, 50, 80. In most cases, it's far more than they would prefer to play.

The extra medal is just an incentive. We set the bar at 40. A lot of mods who would prefer to play only 10 or 15 games end up playing 40 just to get that extra medal, and that's how we get enough output for you to get a shot at some games to play.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:13 am

Dukasaur wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:

It's to create an incentive for the mods to put themselves through the grinder. You have to understand the numbers involved. There are something like 6500 members and something between 20 and 30 active mods. In order for the average member to have a decent shot at a medal, the mods have to play a lot more games than they would prefer to. A few mods play literally hundreds of games, others play 20, 40, 50, 80. In most cases, it's far more than they would prefer to play.

The extra medal is just an incentive. We set the bar at 40. A lot of mods who would prefer to play only 10 or 15 games end up playing 40 just to get that extra medal, and that's how we get enough output for you to get a shot at some games to play.

I think JPLO is referring to the highest win% 20 games played prizes.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Lindax on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:26 am

Yes baby, third on the scoreboard!

Thanks for the games guys.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby JPlo64 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:04 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:Are the rewards just for the non-Mods or can Mods win them too?

I think JPLO is referring to the highest win% 20 games played prizes.

Yes, that is what I was referring to.
I'd suggest 2 separate set of win% prizes, 1 for mods, 1 for non-mods.
Major JPlo64

Postby josko.ri on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:07 am

It seems that I might be the best placed "Player" with 20 or more games, but outside of top 7 placed players with 20 or more games because all 7 might be "Mods".
Major josko.ri

Postby Keefie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:14 am

josko.ri wrote:It seems that I might be the best placed "Player" with 20 or more games, but outside of top 7 placed players with 20 or more games because all 7 might be "Mods".

I thought that those prizes are for 'Players' only and that Mods didn't qualify.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:42 am

Keefie wrote:
josko.ri wrote:It seems that I might be the best placed "Player" with 20 or more games, but outside of top 7 placed players with 20 or more games because all 7 might be "Mods".

I thought that those prizes are for 'Players' only and that Mods didn't qualify.

I thought so too, but Duk disagrees.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
Keefie wrote:

I thought so too, but Duk disagrees.

I might be wrong. Razor wrote this event, and we haven't heard him weigh in yet. I thought they were open to all.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Keefie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:17 pm

If I do qualify for a prize then I would like to exclude myself, as long as it's awarded to a 'Player'.

Only Mods could control how many games they were in, so it's not fair if they scoop most of the prizes. I'm happy to just get a couple of medals for this.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Keefie wrote:If I do qualify for a prize then I would like to exclude myself, as long as it's awarded to a 'Player'.

Only Mods could control how many games they were in, so it's not fair if they scoop most of the prizes. I'm happy to just get a couple of medals for this.

I heard you were just a point hoarder during this week, rather than the medals and fun :lol: :lol: :lol:
General Extreme Ways

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:05 pm

The OP says:

"The Top 7 Players with 20 Play Tokens or more will additionally receive:"

Assuming being a Mods event we are not part of this prize deal, Mods would only get the CA for having more than 7 token and that separate offer for Mods only who went above the 40 games.

I'm in favor to have only players being retain for the prizes listed.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Key word is "players". It's mods vs players. So if it meant all, it should have said all participants instead of players

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:34 pm

IcePack wrote:Key word is "players". It's mods vs players. So if it meant all, it should have said all participants instead of players

Aye
General Extreme Ways

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:06 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to that interpretation. Let's wait to hear what Razor has to say, though.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Sent a PM to Razorvich asking him to clarify the rule in this thread.

I went back and looked at WaM VIII which had a forty game minimum for the top seven prizes. Mods were awarded those prizes if they qualified. I would support giving the prizes to players only as I do think mods have more control over the games they play and thus an advantage in wins.

Top 7 CA winners from WaM VIII Scoreboard:
Donelladan (Mod)
josko.ri (player)
Keefie (Mod)
DaveH (Mod)
Catchersmitt14 (Mod)
takman2k (Mod)
(Only six people met the requirements)
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives