Conquer Club

[09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Postby Ray Rider on Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:32 pm

Hound wrote:Based on the ratings I'm seeing, the average seems to be around 4.6 or 4.7 and that's mostly because we have two camps, those that rate 5 unless you do something asinine and those that use 3 unless you deviate either good or bad.

Exactly; and the combination of those to systems has skewed the ratings. I was all in favor of this new feedback system when it was in the works, but now that we have it, I see that there are some fairly major problems with it.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby jiminski on Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:49 pm

Ray Rider wrote:
Hound wrote:Based on the ratings I'm seeing, the average seems to be around 4.6 or 4.7 and that's mostly because we have two camps, those that rate 5 unless you do something asinine and those that use 3 unless you deviate either good or bad.

Exactly; and the combination of those to systems has skewed the ratings. I was all in favor of this new feedback system when it was in the works, but now that we have it, I see that there are some fairly major problems with it.

you would just never be happy with whatever system!
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby General Mayhem on Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:21 pm

jiminski wrote:
General Mayhem wrote:
I also think the feedback should still be running along with it.

it's impractical Mayhem! it's easy to just say it and wish it were true.. but it takes to much of the sites resources!

thats fine! i aint that bothered! just leaving comments! was! liked!
ebay have it right though. star ratings anonymous then comments show who by.

it cant take that much resources just for comments to be on there. its text for godsake
"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is ENGLAND."
Colonel General Mayhem

Postby General Mayhem on Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:23 pm

i want little animated marines and tanks aswell as f16 flyin when i attack someone.

woh youre right - it is easy just to say it and wish it was true! ;)
"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is ENGLAND."
Colonel General Mayhem

Postby jiminski on Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:42 pm

General Mayhem wrote:i want little animated marines and tanks aswell as f16 flyin when i attack someone.

hehehe, you are correct!

but i don't, with all honestly, think anyone cares enough to insist upon a change mate!

People will bitch and moan and say they are leaving, that no more subscriptions will be paid.... In reality it is all just hot gas from overloaded sphincters and talking for its own sake!
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby cre8tiff on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:09 pm

jiminski wrote:
General Mayhem wrote:i want little animated marines and tanks aswell as f16 flyin when i attack someone.

hehehe, you are correct!

but i don't, with all honestly, think anyone cares enough to insist upon a change mate!

People will bitch and moan and say they are leaving, that no more subscriptions will be paid.... In reality it is all just hot gas from overloaded sphincters and talking for its own sake!

Exactly what color is the sky on the world you're living in?
===============================================================
Join the Only Give Fives Group (OGFG) It's the next hottest thing! \:D/
Lieutenant cre8tiff

Postby jiminski on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:43 pm

cre8tiff wrote:
jiminski wrote:

hehehe, you are correct!

Many different colours ... a plethora of reds, oranges and purples in the evening and in the often a beautiful vermilion in the morning. Through the day: Grey or blue; skipping between a light pure watery topaz to a the blue of a deep ocean!

so .. now we have the colour of the sky out the way: what exactly are you doing except bitching, getting it off your chest and ultimately accepting the change in a couple of weeks!?
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby suggs on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Prime, what worries me is that NOT ONCE did i see in your post a conciliatory remark directed at the consumers/the general public.
I'm afraid once you start charging money for anything, its a business relationship, and then you must act according to the unwritten rules of market success.
You may well be right in much of what you said -but you didn't say it in a very pleasant, customer friendly way, and in business, good presentation is key.
Please have more respect for the consumer. Or at least pretend to.
Sergeant 1st Class suggs

Postby cre8tiff on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:03 pm

jiminski wrote:
cre8tiff wrote:
jiminski wrote:

hehehe, you are correct!

Many different colours ... a plethora of reds, oranges and purples in the evening and in the often a beautiful vermilion in the morning. Through the day: Grey or blue; skipping between a light pure watery topaz to a the blue of a deep ocean!

so .. now we have the colour of the sky out the way: what exactly are you doing except bitching, getting it off your chest and ultimately accepting the change in a couple of weeks!?

Signed up for the community-sponsored feedback idea, bounced other ideas off people without closed minds and attempted to persuade the condecending, arrogant boot-lickers such as yourself what a bad business move this is. And I will not re-up my membership.

So what have you done, other than toss off to the idea that you are the Admin's "special little pet"?
Lieutenant cre8tiff

Postby jiminski on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:46 pm

cre8tiff wrote:
Signed up for the community-sponsored feedback idea, bounced other ideas off people without closed minds and attempted to persuade the condecending, arrogant boot-lickers such as yourself what a bad business move this is. And I will not re-up my membership.

So what have you done, other than toss off to the idea that you are the Admin's "special little pet"?

good lad .. ;)
well in fact, if you notice, i started that thread but did not notice you in there!
At the moment the thread is more like a morgue than an idea factory which could go somewhere... just me arguing with the troll KLOBBER, so more concerted support would be good please people!

humour an old boot-licker please!

jiminski wrote:come vote here: Community Adjudicated Comment System
and

here: General Discussion Vote
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby DukeToshiro on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:39 pm

I would love for more people to vote on Jiminski's poll thread, but wicked keeps deleting it or moving it to the most obscure place possible. This poll needs to be on the website front page, but at the VERY LEAST it should be in the general discussion forum. It ALSO needs to be in the suggestions forum. Quit trying to get rid of people's opinions simply because you don't like what they are saying. I was done with this thread, but it really ticks me off that the mods are attempting to get rid of the poll.
Captain DukeToshiro

Postby azezzo on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:22 pm

just curious as to how many negative posts it will take for the powers that be to admit they screwed up and will fix this problem?
Its been over a week now, the ratings are meaningless.
Captain azezzo

Postby azezzo on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:39 pm

alright here is an Idea, I suggest that everyone who wants to leave feedback, in the mean time, untill further notice, after your game ends and before it gets archived go back into the game chat and leave your own feedback for your opponent. Both positive and negative, write it in the chat , and when C.C. sees the increase in the game chat logs they'll see that we want feedback back.
Perhaps this wont do any good, but at least you can still rip into that opponent who drives you crazy.
Captain azezzo

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:29 pm

lackattack wrote:
Medals

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
It's not all about score and rank now that we've got 9 game achievement medals for you to collect. Actually, each one is available in Bronze, Silver and Gold so make that 27 medals! Being awarded a medal will earn you the right to display it proudly on your profile and by your forum posts. Check out the medals page to see what you can win. Those of you who already qualify for any game achievement medals will get them after your next win.

ImageImageImage
Look out as well for our line of contributions medals to be awarded to those who've helped make this website a better place.

You can expect more medals to come out in future updates...

Excellent work Lakattack, most do not like change, but after many get used to it more, they will like it. =D>

More medals to come, I agree, i also would consider platinum and diamond status for 5 with 9 categories, giving 45 total instead of 27, also, perhaps the leader in each category, also have a little conquer club symbol, saying they have the most in that area.

the current is bronze 20 wins, silver 100 wins, gold 400 wins and I would suggest keep all the same, tweak the gold a wince and add these, looks like this:

bronze 20 wins
silver 100 wins
gold 300 wins
platinum 500 wins
diamond 1000 wins

respects, blitzy
General Blitzaholic

Postby adamfrost19 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:42 am

and given your rank, you're not even good at CC either. maybe it's cuz you need a fucking brain to be able to plan some fucking strategy in the first play that is.

Lol, I am exactly the same rank as you, plus I have been a major, so I'm afraid you don't have bundles of credibility, in your 'f******' littered argument.
Lieutenant adamfrost19

Postby lt.pie on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:39 am

i love the medal idea but im friggin sick of pm"s from players who don"t like the ratings i left them :evil:
Captain lt.pie

Postby NASATimp on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:26 am

Day Whatever of this and I still don't like it at all--even though I have a 5.0 rating.

Bring back feedback!! If it's not done, in some form that allows comments at least, I will NOT be renewing my premium membership again.
Lieutenant NASATimp

Postby Trouserpants on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:39 am

I don't post here much but needed to air this out
The new system is TERRIBLE, I hate it so.
I'd rather the mods just said 'we're not going to moderate feedbacks anymore' if it was such a hassle.
I used to like going into people's profiles before a game and read about WHY they had low approval, as opposed to just that they had low approval.
Likewise, I liked I had the ability to tell everyone exactly why a player was being unsportsmanlike.
I too will not be renewing my premium account unless they reenstate the old feedback system. It wasn't perfect but it was a hundred times better than this
Sergeant Trouserpants

Postby CryWolf on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:12 am

lol I just got a 1-1-2-1 rating for missing ONE turn and posting "lol wow" at the end... So, that means I cheated, totally deadbeated, and was a complete ass. Yep, your rating system is GREAT!!! [/sarcasm]
Proud member of Team Bewbiez
Lieutenant CryWolf

Postby CryWolf on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:18 am

NASATimp wrote:Day Whatever of this and I still don't like it at all--even though I have a 5.0 rating.

Bring back feedback!! If it's not done, in some form that allows comments at least, I will NOT be renewing my premium membership again.

Agreed... I will not renew either
Lieutenant CryWolf

Postby cre8tiff on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:32 am

CryWolf wrote:
NASATimp wrote:Day Whatever of this and I still don't like it at all--even though I have a 5.0 rating.

Agreed... I will not renew either

That $100.00 worth of income lost in just the last two pages of feedback on this single thread. Can't believe this is not making itself felt in the bank account.
Lieutenant cre8tiff

Postby CryWolf on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:01 pm

it won't happen overnight... people have to run their memberships out and not renew... that's when they will realized they screwed up.. but it will be too late :)

And to all you mods who support this and are telling us it's for our own good... WE'RE the ones who make this community run... what we want goes or this community fails.
Lieutenant CryWolf

Postby cre8tiff on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:44 pm

CryWolf wrote:it won't happen overnight... people have to run their memberships out and not renew... that's when they will realized they screwed up.. but it will be too late :)

And to all you mods who support this and are telling us it's for our own good... WE'RE the ones who make this community run... what we want goes or this community fails.

Sounds like a poll is needed. If the admins will allow it to stand.
Lieutenant cre8tiff

Postby Magiw on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Nice suggestion Blitz, should toss it in the suggestion section so it doesn't get lost in the mud.
Sergeant Magiw

Postby suggs on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:20 pm

lt.pie wrote:i love the medal idea but im friggin sick of pm"s from players who don"t like the ratings i left them :evil:

Yes, but they are completely separate. Keep the medals/gimmicks, and ditch the ratings.
Isn't it a completely random, inexplicable co=incidence how there are all these server problems since the new system was put in place? Most unfortunate :twisted:
Sergeant 1st Class suggs

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives