[09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Postby rocky mountain on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:33 pm

i like it too! but i am still unclear about one thing: how do you leave ratings for people you left feedback for?
my games wrote:You can leave ratings for 17 members!

there is nothing to click, so what is it for?
best: place 2349; points 1617; GP 216; GW 102(47%); Lieutenant
Sergeant 1st Class rocky mountain

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (2)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:34 pm

:D Bananas all around. A lot of hard work went into this update. Now Lack, go get to work on the next one. No free time in between!

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby DukeToshiro on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:36 pm

I just left ratings for some people, but there was no space to leave a comment in. What's the point of feedback if you can't say anything about why you left that feedback?

Also, what happened to all of the old feedback we received? I'd hate to think that all of that leaving and receiving of feedback was just thrown out the window.
Captain DukeToshiro

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby eye84free on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Nice updates..keep up the good work..
Major eye84free

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (4)

Postby alcazar on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Awesome update. Love THE WALL
=D>
Major alcazar

Location: 450 miles (725 km) north of Greenland in the middle of the Arctic Ocean
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:38 pm

DukeToshiro wrote:I just left ratings for some people, but there was no space to leave a comment in. What's the point of feedback if you can't say anything about why you left that feedback?

Also, what happened to all of the old feedback we received? I'd hate to think that all of that leaving and receiving of feedback was just thrown out the window.

What happens to old feedback? Since there is no way to fairly translate feedback into ratings, everyone will start off with a blank rating score. Until the ratings system has matured we'll provide a link to view the old feedback on each member's profile. We'll figure out how to drop feedback for good at a later date, in consultation with the community.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby john9blue on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:41 pm

I love the changes! Nice work, Lack.

The new ratings system is fair and keeps certain people (F.I.) from making mods remove their negatives.

The medals are even cooler, they give an incentive to play more game types. I hope to see more of those. :)
Last edited by john9blue on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby lanyards on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Are medals being handed out one by one? Some people already have them, but I don't have any. And I'm positive I have atleast one.

--lanyards
Sergeant 1st Class lanyards

Medals: 104
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby wcaclimbing on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm getting the "welcome to conquerclub" PMs again, is that normal?
admin wrote:Hello wcaclimbing,

Congratulations on completing your second turn! You are getting the hang of it, aren't you? Did you know that you can play up to 4 games at once for free? Why not join a few more games? You'll see more action!

Regards,
The Conquer Club

I don't want them :roll:
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby rocky mountain on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:44 pm

whats that from? id didn't get one...
Last edited by rocky mountain on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Standard Achievement (2)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:44 pm

lanyards wrote:Are medals being handed out one by one? Some people already have them, but I don't have any. And I'm positive I have atleast one.

--lanyards

After you win your next game, your medals get handed out (so long gone users need to come back and play again to get their medals!)

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby lanyards on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:45 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
lanyards wrote:Are medals being handed out one by one? Some people already have them, but I don't have any. And I'm positive I have atleast one.

--lanyards

After you win your next game, your medals get handed out (so long gone users need to come back and play again to get their medals!)

--Andy
Okay, thanks. So if I just win a quick speed game, then I'll get all my medals?

--lanyards
Sergeant 1st Class lanyards

Medals: 104
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby Esn on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:46 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
DukeToshiro wrote:I just left ratings for some people, but there was no space to leave a comment in. What's the point of feedback if you can't say anything about why you left that feedback?

What happens to old feedback? Since there is no way to fairly translate feedback into ratings, everyone will start off with a blank rating score. Until the ratings system has matured we'll provide a link to view the old feedback on each member's profile. We'll figure out how to drop feedback for good at a later date, in consultation with the community.

--Andy

I agree with DukeToshiro. I don't mind the ratings, but it would be nice if there was an option to add some comments to go along with the ratings. Ratings by themselves just aren't as useful as an explanation of why they were given.
Sergeant 1st Class Esn

Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby rocky mountain on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:46 pm

do you have to win or complete? and again:
rocky mountain wrote:i like it too! but i am still unclear about one thing: how do you leave ratings for people you left feedback for?

Standard Achievement (2)

Postby mccallan25 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Good upgrade! Keep up the fine work.
Corporal 1st Class mccallan25

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Sir. Ricco on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Nice job man.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby Chadwick31 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:47 pm

So, for the cross-map achievement award, you only need to win one 8-player game (or 7-player or 6-player, for that matter) on a map for it to count toward your map total for the medal?
Major Chadwick31

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4)

Postby Rasputin! on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Good job, keep up the good work.
Sergeant Rasputin!

Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby NASATimp on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:51 pm

What's the point of feedback if you can't say anything about why you left that feedback?

I agree with the sentiment here. Like (I assume) the above poster, I read through the justification for the new system. However, I feel the new system does not allow enough description, particularly of what specific behaviour earned a poor mark. To borrow from Tolstoy: "Good opponents are all alike; every bad opponent is bad in his own way."
Lieutenant NASATimp

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby rocky mountain on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:51 pm

i just received a pm from admin saying i got my first rating... it doesn't show up in my games, or when i click on it. why?

Standard Achievement (2)

Postby loes on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:52 pm

And that my friend you have said nicely =D> =D> =D>
Major loes

Medals: 112
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (18)
Training Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby DukeToshiro on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:54 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

Thank you, although that was not the answer I was hoping to read. It looks like they are completely doing away with the comments aspect of the feedback system. This is a horrible idea, in my opinion, as stars tell absolutely nothing specific about why that feedback was left. We need a place for comments to be made when we leave feedback.

Other than that, I like the new changes. The medals thing is pretty cool!
Captain DukeToshiro

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Twill on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:55 pm

rocky mountain wrote:i just received a pm from admin saying i got my first rating... it doesn't show up in my games, or when i click on it. why?

You have to wait for the game to be archived before the ratings will show up - so 5 days after the game ends.

This is to stop retaliatory ratings :)
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill
Retired Administrator

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Raf_THFC on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Update seems to have messed up my in-game clock for speed games....

New feedback system may grow on me, but can't see how it's going to be very good, considering people have different standards by which they rate. I mean by this most people are either going to be a 1 or a 5. A guy is either fair or not. He either plays on time or not. Black and white for most people I should think.
Last edited by Raf_THFC on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Raf_THFC

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby Megadeth666 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:56 pm

rocky mountain wrote:do you have to win or complete? and again:
rocky mountain wrote:i like it too! but i am still unclear about one thing: how do you leave ratings for people you left feedback for?

You have to go to your recently played or eliminated games, and rank the the people there, I was confused there as well
Private 1st Class Megadeth666

Medals: 41
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (17)

Next

Return to Announcement Archives