[09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Team, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:22 pm

We hear you all, we do! Please check out our Ratings Reloaded topic for feedback on some changes, alterations, and fixes.

--Andy
Sergeant AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby hulmey on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:46 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:We hear you all, we do! Please check out our Ratings Reloaded topic for feedback on some changes, alterations, and fixes.

--Andy

no point in going there. You guys dont seem to be listening to what the vast majority of your customer's want. WE DONT WANT RATINGS!!! Well apart from KLOBBER.

The only way forward that i can see would be the Community Feedback idea. The ratings system just aint gonna work. And as for the WALL, its initial use looked good but its just borrrring.
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Hrvat on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:56 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:We hear you all, we do! Please check out our Ratings Reloaded topic for feedback on some changes, alterations, and fixes.

--Andy

Hello...
We do NOT WANT 3's :!:

Hello....
3 average is NOT an option. :!:

Hello... ???

Sigh... just a lot of noise from Lack and Co....:
'it will all average out' ... 'you must give 3' as standard'... ''if you give 5's we'll downgrade it to 3'... 'if you give 1's we'll upgrade it to 3's'.....

Lack has learned nothing from Classic map Fiasco?
-------------
I'll never pay for another Premium on ConquerClub.
Lieutenant Hrvat

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Contribute to the discussion and something worthwile will come from it. :) There are quite a few topics in that thread to discuss. :D

Regarding Classic Map, there was an actual need to alter it. But that's off topic and for one of the many old threads. ;)

--Andy
Sergeant AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby Hrvat on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:36 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Contribute to the discussion and something worthwile will come from it. :) There are quite a few topics in that thread to discuss. :D

Regarding Classic Map, there was an actual need to alter it. But that's off topic and for one of the many old threads. ;)

--Andy

It is not off topic!
Lack is again pushing through with his idea, that most people disagree with.
I'll never pay for another Premium on ConquerClub.
Lieutenant Hrvat

Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby Lilianna on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:35 am

Once again, I would like to ask, is one of your multiple solutions going to deal with people not knowing what each attribute is? As I already said, I got a 1/5 in ATTENDANCE because I didn't chat a lot in the game.
Cook Lilianna

Medals: 1
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby nekroman on Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:53 pm

I have an issue with the ratings system, what's the point of having a possible of 5 stars for attendance? I was on time for all of my turns but since people ASSUMED it was supposed to be an RT game, they gave me low ratings. How is that supposed to be fair? Attendance should be a plus or minus, rated by the CPU, if you miss a turn, you get a bad rating. If you make it for your turns, good rating. End of story. Just my 2 cents.
Sergeant nekroman

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (2)

Postby Astoria on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:44 am

nekroman wrote: Attendance should be a plus or minus, rated by the CPU, if you miss a turn, you get a bad rating. If you make it for your turns, good rating.

Very Good Point
Lieutenant Astoria

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby CryWolf on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:38 pm

Astoria wrote:
nekroman wrote: Attendance should be a plus or minus, rated by the CPU, if you miss a turn, you get a bad rating. If you make it for your turns, good rating.

Very Good Point

2nd'd == and you should only be able to leave a teamwork rating for someone if you played a team game with them on the same team as that person am I right?
Proud member of Team Bewbiez
Lieutenant CryWolf

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby nekroman on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:09 pm

Right, to the team game thing
Sergeant nekroman

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (2)

Postby davidmcc on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:25 pm

hell yes. That one really annoys me. I've had a couple of games where the guys gets beaten precisely BECAUSE my team worked well together, and I get a low rating cos he's pissed about it!
A minor issue really, but still annoying
Sergeant 1st Class davidmcc

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby azezzo on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:16 pm

I feel that some players are behaving worse now that there is no written feedback to worry about.
Lack has stated that there was alot of unjustified neg. feedbacks left and that the mods had to deal with it.

I am sorry i dont feel sorry for someone doing there job.

I wouldnt want to clean the porta johns but someone has to do it, and if they take the job then they should do the job the best they can without complaining about it.

what about all the truely justifiable negative feedbacks that were left, verified by the game logs and game chat? Besides acting as a written warning to others it was also a form of therapy, a release of sorts for having to deal with these morons.

Conquer Club gets 1 star for its handling of this fiasco.
Major azezzo

Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby jiminski on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:03 am

azezzo wrote:I feel that some players are behaving worse now that there is no written feedback to worry about.
Lack has stated that there was alot of unjustified neg. feedbacks left and that the mods had to deal with it.

I wouldnt want to clean the porta johns but someone has to do it, and if they take the job then they should do the job the best they can without complaining about it.

what about all the truely justifiable negative feedbacks that were left, verified by the game logs and game chat? Besides acting as a written warning to others it was also a form of therapy, a release of sorts for having to deal with these morons.

i have to say i think it enables people to behave worse too..

heheh i threatened to suicide into a player (joking i must add) if they once more corrected my gamechat speeling (it's a spelling joke .. that kills em in Missouri!)

And i thought to myself.. hmm really what is to stop people who get really peed-off from doing just that? a rating of a 1?.. which will be swallowed in another 30, average behaviour, 5 star rating games!?

hmm well I realise that human nature 'should' be better but sometimes, without the fear of a meaningful punishment, it lapses!
I am only realising now that negs, accompanied by a relevant comment to justify it, did actually offer a meaningful and lasting punishment.
Major jiminski

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Frop on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:13 am

azezzo wrote:I feel that some players are behaving worse now that there is no written feedback to worry about.

Agreed, I've said things to the same extent. If CC would've just got a new bunch of motivated feedback moderators we wouldn't need to bother with a ratings system (nor all its flaws). In fact Jimbo here would've saved at least half the time spent on his proposals if they would've made him a feedback mod. :D
Captain Frop

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) General Contribution (1)

Postby jiminski on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:44 am

Frop wrote:

Agreed, I've said things to the same extent. If CC would've just got a new bunch of motivated feedback moderators we wouldn't need to bother with a ratings system (nor all its flaws). In fact Jimbo here would've saved at least half the time spent on his proposals if they would've made him a feedback mod. :D

bugger that.. i am too rebelious in the face of perceived injustice ;)

but i would certainly vote avidly in a Community Moderated Feedback system.
Major jiminski

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby muchalls on Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:37 am

I've just found the new system not that great. I've just received a very poor rating from a player who obviously was a sore loser with no way of challenging it (apart from users reading the game logs). We had good chat throughout, and took our turns in very quick time yet I still got 1s.

I think his 2 losses contributed to it.
Captain muchalls

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)

Postby azezzo on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:36 pm

Major azezzo

Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby t-o-m on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:20 pm

the ratings abuse ticks me off a bit,

i got a 1* rating for attendance in a game where i took my turns about 30 seconds after him, on a non rt game, and a non speed game!

i think it was because i said that he was a multi, which he quite clearly was, go check my ratings and see it :|
Colonel t-o-m

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby suggs on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:59 am

So, written feedback.
depressing how little impact the desires of the paying cusomers have on this site. Maybe they should get rid of premium, and then it would be fair enough for Lack and his mates just to do what they want.
Currently, the system is incongruous.
Sergeant 1st Class suggs

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby vikprez on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:45 am

Question about Cross Map Medal...Can the unique defeats be standard, doubles, assassin...any combination to achieve 5 per map?
Corporal 1st Class vikprez

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby cre8tiff on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:54 pm

A month gone by and it still sux. Thanks for listening.
===============================================================
Join the Only Give Fives Group (OGFG) It's the next hottest thing! \:D/
===============================================================
Lieutenant cre8tiff

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby celeryuk on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:08 pm

is it me or are these ratings just getting samey?

Everyone seems to be a 4.6 or a 4.7. so what? We're all the same now, kinda makes it a bit pointless i think.

just my thoughts :)
Corporal 1st Class celeryuk

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby DukeToshiro on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:41 pm

celeryuk wrote:is it me or are these ratings just getting samey?

Everyone seems to be a 4.6 or a 4.7. so what? We're all the same now, kinda makes it a bit pointless i think.

just my thoughts :)

It's not just you. Poor sports, deadbeaters, cheaters, etc. will all have about a 4.5-4.8 rating.
Captain DukeToshiro

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Raggy on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:03 pm

yeah I'm sick of this stupid rating thing, and it's the straw that broke the camels back for me: I shall not renew my paying membership when it expires later this month. Another factor that I find severely flawed is the points system, just which army in the world can have someone be a corporal today and a captain tomorrow and back to private the next day...I see so many members swinging up and down in ranks it is just plain dowright stupid...either the players (me included!) are stupid or the system is stupid...folks are just playing for the sake of passing time , with no real "career prospects"...so you'll see all sorts of stupid behaviour because it doesn't matter,does it, you can lose today, in fact the more you lose the more you will win when you win later, so you can go down to a cook and be an officer again quickly enough in a few days.

voting with my feet.
Lieutenant Raggy

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Optimus Prime on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Raggy wrote:yeah I'm sick of this stupid rating thing, and it's the straw that broke the camels back for me: I shall not renew my paying membership when it expires later this month. Another factor that I find severely flawed is the points system, just which army in the world can have someone be a corporal today and a captain tomorrow and back to private the next day...I see so many members swinging up and down in ranks it is just plain dowright stupid...either the players (me included!) are stupid or the system is stupid...folks are just playing for the sake of passing time , with no real "career prospects"...so you'll see all sorts of stupid behaviour because it doesn't matter,does it, you can lose today, in fact the more you lose the more you will win when you win later, so you can go down to a cook and be an officer again quickly enough in a few days.

voting with my feet.

Yeah, that scoring system really bugged you for the last 800 or so games didn't it? :roll:
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives