Conquer Club

New Years Resolution: Newbie Farming is not Cool.

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: New Years Resolution: Newbie Farming is not Cool.

Postby JuliusCaesar on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:23 pm

well you should just ban Klobber now, that is all he does.

lately I only been playing 1v1 city mogal seq/chained/no spoils/fog/casual.

I don't think a ? has ever joined those settings, and I assume you blocked the new recruits from joining city mogal anyways.
Sergeant 1st Class JuliusCaesar

Postby jpcloet on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:26 pm

What ever happened to the functional group that was supposed to divide the maps into:

Easy
Medium
Hard
Complex

???
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:28 pm

jpcloet wrote:Should add this to the rules page.

It will be once lack has time...he's still on vacation and only pops in from time to time.

And to the others, please keep the flames out of this thread.
Major Night Strike

Postby jackin_u_up on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:30 pm

DEATH TO ALL THE NOOB FARMERS ........BWAAAAAHHHAAAAHHAAAHHAAAAA :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class jackin_u_up

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Placing bets on the farmer to get a reset?? Congrats on this!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby MyTurnToWin on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Great!!!! Thanks so very much. =D>
Sergeant MyTurnToWin

Postby Natali on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:08 pm

I totally support it! Bravo! =D>
Personal Best: Major - 2232
Captain Natali

Location: Zagreb, near one of the largest cementeries in Europe (Mirogoj)

Postby Aradhus on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:13 pm

So.. How much research was actually done on this subject? (Or did the "research" amount to 20 to 30 regulars everyday screaming "farmers farmers kill them ban them they ruin teh siiiteeeeee!" until the admin couldn't take it anymore..

1 - If somebody sent me a personal message minutes after I joined this site, asking me if I wanted to play a game, I would have thought "wow, this looks like a friendly place."

2 - Would I have gotten my ass kicked? Yes, actually my first game I did get my ass kicked, and I'm pretty positive that stands for about 99%(at least) of all the players that join CC. Regardless of who they played.

3 - If there was research done on farming etc, new players, the like, is it available to the'community'? Can I read it, andwas any information compiled on freestyle team farming, uh I mean games. Freestyle team games, I said farming, I meant games.
Major Aradhus

Postby demonfork on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:20 pm

Aradhus wrote:So.. How much research was actually done on this subject? (Or did the "research" amount to 20 to 30 regulars everyday screaming "farmers farmers kill them ban them they ruin teh siiiteeeeee!" until the admin couldn't take it anymore..

1 - If somebody sent me a personal message minutes after I joined this site, asking me if I wanted to play a game, I would have thought "wow, this looks like a friendly place."

2 - Would I have gotten my ass kicked? Yes, actually my first game I did get my ass kicked, and I'm pretty positive that stands for about 99%(at least) of all the players that join CC. Regardless of who they played.

3 - If there was research done on farming etc, new players, the like, is it available to the'community'? Can I read it, andwas any information compiled on freestyle team farming, uh I mean games. Freestyle team games, I said farming, I meant games.

=D> =D> =D> =D>
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:30 pm

Investigations regarding serious farming tactics were conducted, which lead us to the gross abuse. Research of hard numbers was done by lack, the results of which were the limiting of maps and settings where New Recruits were often targetted by Farmers/difficult first play settings. Lack may release his hard numbers at a later date, after some reevaluation and additional time.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:36 pm

Now, that is more like it!
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Paddy The Cat on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:39 pm

Aradhus wrote:So.. How much research was actually done on this subject? (Or did the "research" amount to 20 to 30 regulars everyday screaming "farmers farmers kill them ban them they ruin teh siiiteeeeee!" until the admin couldn't take it anymore..

It doesn't matter... Lack runs the Site, and when in his house it's his rules.

I never "newbie farmed" but was never against it... but if it's now an official rule then it's all the same as multis, secret diplomacy, etc., whether someone agrees or not THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.
Sergeant 1st Class Paddy The Cat

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Rules don't apply to farmers dontcha know.

There just plain unfair in their fun little world.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby kmhebert on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:58 pm

Heh I don't see the problem with it, newbie farming that is. They have to win now and then right? That would seem to level the playing field somewhat. I know I lose to cooks now and then. But whatever.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby Jeff Hardy on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:08 pm

GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:There are way too may over-ranked pussies out there in C.C. Land. Most of these gender-confused assholes play together on teams. Why? Because they can rely on most of these newbies to either deadbeat or fail, due to their lack of knowledge of the game they're playing.

Look at all the Doubles, Triples and so on games where you have all these high rank players, play on the same team, who prey on these newbies. Obviously, these sewer dwellers are more concerned about their precious points and won't RISK it by playing others of the same rank.

It's about time we either stop this practice OR find a new point system that hurt those who constantly play inexperienced players or teams.

so you think playing with players you can trust should be against the rules?

we high ranked players dont play with other high ranked players because they are high ranked, we do it because we know they are good players and wont mess up

if a field marshall wasnt very good i wouldnt play on his team even though he has a good rank and if you were as good as, for example, karelpietertje or King_Herpes then id play with you too, no matter what your rank

and when we play together we make 90% of our games so anyone can join
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:22 pm

Jeff Hardy wrote:
GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:There are way too may over-ranked pussies out there in C.C. Land. Most of these gender-confused assholes play together on teams. Why? Because they can rely on most of these newbies to either deadbeat or fail, due to their lack of knowledge of the game they're playing.

Look at all the Doubles, Triples and so on games where you have all these high rank players, play on the same team, who prey on these newbies. Obviously, these sewer dwellers are more concerned about their precious points and won't RISK it by playing others of the same rank.

It's about time we either stop this practice OR find a new point system that hurt those who constantly play inexperienced players or teams.

we high ranked players dont play with other high ranked players because they are high ranked, we do it because we know they are good players and wont mess up

if a field marshall wasnt very good i wouldnt play on his team even though he has a good rank and if you were as good as, for example, karelpietertje or King_Herpes then id play with you too, no matter what your rank

Yep, you and your over-ranked friends make 90% of your games, so anyone can join. You're so scared to lose points, you and your pussy friends always set up games, so you can easily win.

I'm sure you and your cherished friends use "date rape drugs", so you know you'll score with the chicks. How masterful of you! What a stud!
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM

Postby qeee1 on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:25 pm

good call.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby gimil on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:03 pm

kmhebert wrote:Heh I don't see the problem with it, newbie farming that is. They have to win now and then right? That would seem to level the playing field somewhat. I know I lose to cooks now and then. But whatever.

The problem is that farming can create a bad first impression on new players which can in turn lead to a new member not returning to the site. Obviously this means that the chance of them purchasing premium is pretty low (bad for business). CC needs memberships to continue to operate.

The scoreboard is also there to keep track of skill. As many have argued, if you are 'farming' members because it increases your chance of winning rather than playing someone to show your skill level, that skews the scoreboard.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Downey on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:17 pm

GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:
Jeff Hardy wrote:

Yep, you and your over-ranked friends make 90% of your games, so anyone can join. You're so scared to lose points, you and your pussy friends always set up games, so you can easily win.

I'm sure you and your cherished friends use "date rape drugs", so you know you'll score with the chicks. How masterful of you! What a stud!

I think the second statement was a bit uncalled for.
Jeff's statement was perfectly fine. I would play with people I trust not to f*ck up as well.
Private Downey

Postby lucybeercan on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:24 pm

bravo. =D>
i expect a changing of the guard on the scoreboard will be soon to follow...
Sergeant 1st Class lucybeercan

Postby porkenbeans on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

look whos' screaming now. lol. :lol:
You guys just do not get it. People come here to play risk, ...NOT rape the newbie.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby Mr Changsha on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:04 am

'Newbie Farming is not Cool.' - agreed.

Also agree with the measures to limit ?'s games.

Concerned about the threatened point resets. Has the whiff of a witch hunt to me - witness the post directly above mine from porkenbeans.

Best way is to control the kinds of games that can be played from now, rather than to go back over certain player's records. Fact is, there is an incredible number of players at all ranks who farm either a lot or a bit, yet it will be the 'famous' players who get the big stick.

The previous system was flawed, hence the farming. Blame the concept more than the protagonists. Sorting out the concept (and Lack seems to be moving towards this) will do far more good for this site, then having threads, threads and more threads in the 'Cheating and Abuse' Forum accusing various players of farming.

That would be very bad for the site indeed.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Aradhus on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:09 am

porkenbeans wrote:

You guys just do not get it. People come here to play risk, ...NOT rape the newbie.

What the hell are you talking about? Why did you quote my post?

Have you read the rules to this forum? Exactly what contribution did your post make to the topic?

Zero - spam
Major Aradhus

Postby porkenbeans on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:19 am

Aradhus wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? Why did you quote my post?

Have you read the rules to this forum? Exactly what contribution did your post make to the topic?

Zero - spam
If you do not know how to read, Maybe your mommy can read it for you.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby kmhebert on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:28 am

I still don't see what the problem is. People lose and never come back? Is that happening a lot? I lose a lot, it's all good. Who knows. I just think it is going to be extremely subjective, what will the guidelines be?
Sergeant kmhebert

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives