Conquer Club

Whac-an-Admin: Field Marshal Special

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Whac-an-Admin: Field Marshal Special

Postby Twill on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Just don't judge us too harshly as we lose painfully :)
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby a.sub on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:42 pm

Twill wrote:Just don't judge us too harshly as we lose painfully :)

well as teh lightning rod of hate colli- i mean twill i think its our obligation to judge you harshly so other ppl dont feel our wrath :lol:
Cadet a.sub

Postby Vace Cooper on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:35 pm

GL ALL!! I'll be watching! :)
owen is a sexy mother f***er
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Postby reggie_mac on Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Wonder what the dice stats are going to look like for this game ......
Soviet Invaders: Space Invaders, it's not just a game
New Zealand Map - Foundry
"You can please all of the people some of the time, or some of the people all of the time, but not all of the people all of the time"
Captain reggie_mac

Postby demonfork on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:01 pm

reggie_mac wrote:Wonder what the dice stats are going to look like for this game ......

If they are anything like they were in this game... http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=4267355

...then I will be feeling very sorry for team 2 :D
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby lancehoch on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:27 pm

demonfork wrote:
reggie_mac wrote:Wonder what the dice stats are going to look like for this game ......

If they are anything like they were in this game... http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=4267355

...then I will be feeling very sorry for team 2 :D

That was a fun game.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Dragonah on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:30 am

Personally, I'm Rooting for the Admins on this one. I guess it's because the fact the field marshals have all proven or "proven" depending on how you want to view it, thet they are good players, and that many might be considering the admins the underdogs in this game.

That and I'd love to get a match against the admins sometime, if it were even possible for some nobody like me to do so.

But either way, this should be a fun match to watch.
Private 1st Class Dragonah

Postby a.sub on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Dragonah wrote:Personally, I'm Rooting for the Admins on this one. I guess it's because the fact the field marshals have all proven or "proven" depending on how you want to view it, thet they are good players, and that many might be considering the admins the underdogs in this game.

That and I'd love to get a match against the admins sometime, if it were even possible for some nobody like me to do so.

1) i think the biggest problem is that in a world 2.0 match, your drop is damn near everything.
2) dont diss ur self like that, i was a cook a while back and i never actually started to win games till i thought about winning. its a psychological placebo, where thinking u can win causes u to try harder which causes u to win more.

Just my 2 cents
Cadet a.sub

Postby Dragonah on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:51 am

a.sub wrote:
Dragonah wrote:Personally, I'm Rooting for the Admins on this one. I guess it's because the fact the field marshals have all proven or "proven" depending on how you want to view it, thet they are good players, and that many might be considering the admins the underdogs in this game.

1) i think the biggest problem is that in a world 2.0 match, your drop is damn near everything.
2) dont diss ur self like that, i was a cook a while back and i never actually started to win games till i thought about winning. its a psychological placebo, where thinking u can win causes u to try harder which causes u to win more.

Just my 2 cents

I wasn't really dissing myself to be honest. I was simply pointing out that in terms of profile here in the community, i'm not well known yet, althought I have run a few tournaments with a few more wrapping up shortly, that and I dont have too many games under my belt.

But I do thank you for the vote of confidence. :)
Private 1st Class Dragonah

Postby a.sub on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:23 am

haha well good luck killing brigs in ur future, if it helps, i still working on killing natewolfman's one territory in a game, and CC still lets me be a serg 1st class :lol:
Cadet a.sub

Postby barterer2002 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:11 am

a.sub wrote:

You could not be more wrong on this.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby a.sub on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:18 am

barterer2002 wrote:
a.sub wrote:

how so? ive played a few world 2.0 games and people can get amazing drops that change the game.
people have started the game with half of damn europe
Cadet a.sub

Postby barterer2002 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:31 am

first off, there are so many bonuses that someone dropping half of Europe usually means that they're going to be localized in Europe. Secondly, there are so many terts that relative to the number of armies you're getting the bonuses are small. Western Europe for instance is only +3. Over the course of the game its rather insignificant and influences the game much less than dropping a bonus even in a mid sized map like Classic where the +2 in Australia is more significant relative to the number of armies you receive from territories.

Even with 8 players in 2.1 you're going to start with 14 terts, in a 2 player game that increases to 37 (with corrensponding numbers in between for 3,4,5,6 and 7 player games).

Thus the drop in a large map such as 2.1 is much less significant than in smaller maps like Doodle where you can be dead before you even get a turn. If you're not in Europe you're going to be in Africa or North America or Oceania or somewhere else. If you're worried about bonuses there are plenty for you to grab and there is time to make up any dropped disadvantage which isn't the case on every map.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Natewolfman on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:49 am

barterer2002 wrote:first off, there are so many bonuses that someone dropping half of Europe usually means that they're going to be localized in Europe. Secondly, there are so many terts that relative to the number of armies you're getting the bonuses are small. Western Europe for instance is only +3. Over the course of the game its rather insignificant and influences the game much less than dropping a bonus even in a mid sized map like Classic where the +2 in Australia is more significant relative to the number of armies you receive from territories.

Even with 8 players in 2.1 you're going to start with 14 terts, in a 2 player game that increases to 37 (with corrensponding numbers in between for 3,4,5,6 and 7 player games).

Thus the drop in a large map such as 2.1 is much less significant than in smaller maps like Doodle where you can be dead before you even get a turn. If you're not in Europe you're going to be in Africa or North America or Oceania or somewhere else. If you're worried about bonuses there are plenty for you to grab and there is time to make up any dropped disadvantage which isn't the case on every map.

/agree :)
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby The Neon Peon on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:30 pm

Natewolfman wrote:
barterer2002 wrote:first off, there are so many bonuses that someone dropping half of Europe usually means that they're going to be localized in Europe. Secondly, there are so many terts that relative to the number of armies you're getting the bonuses are small. Western Europe for instance is only +3. Over the course of the game its rather insignificant and influences the game much less than dropping a bonus even in a mid sized map like Classic where the +2 in Australia is more significant relative to the number of armies you receive from territories.

thirded
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby God Emperor Q on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:57 pm

gl admins!
Lieutenant God Emperor Q

Postby negoeien on Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:21 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:
Natewolfman wrote:

thirded

fourthet<??? :p go admins!!
Highest ever: 3038 place: 20th, winner of 12 tournies!
Lieutenant negoeien

Postby a.sub on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:37 pm

negoeien wrote:
The Neon Peon wrote:
Natewolfman wrote:

thirded

fourthet<??? :p go admins!!

touche :oops: :mrgreen:
Cadet a.sub

Postby Kotaro on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Game 4271290

That's just cheating to get your points up! Mods cheat!
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby Gilligan on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:57 pm

Kotaro wrote:Game 4271290

Nice, rack up another one for the mods! :lol: ;)
Captain Gilligan

Postby barterer2002 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:10 pm

I'm pretty sure that Nate is playing for Community there if he's the second one in. Especially if he's getting the medal (which he should)
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Night Strike on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:24 pm

I should punish them for abusing tournament privileges! :twisted:
Major Night Strike

Postby lancehoch on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Night Strike wrote:

I should punish them for abusing tournament privileges! :twisted:

Hey, I was called out by someone in the community.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:07 pm

a.sub wrote:
barterer2002 wrote:
a.sub wrote:

how so? ive played a few world 2.0 games and people can get amazing drops that change the game.

Actually, you are wrong but its a common misconception. World is by far the most fair map, though a bad drop can mean the end of it occasionally, it is so large, that strategy actually has a chance to shine through... ive survived many bad rounds to win. Ive played over a thousand, and while bonuses do get handed out, its usually just a +2 or +3, and one roll of the dice can erase that easy enough.

Some are indeed blowouts, but the number of long games and games that take multiple rounds are much more common.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby ronsizzle on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:53 pm

AAFitz wrote:
a.sub wrote:
barterer2002 wrote:
a.sub wrote:

Actually, you are wrong but its a common misconception. World is by far the most fair map, though a bad drop can mean the end of it occasionally, it is so large, that strategy actually has a chance to shine through... ive survived many bad rounds to win. Ive played over a thousand, and while bonuses do get handed out, its usually just a +2 or +3, and one roll of the dice can erase that easy enough.

Some are indeed blowouts, but the number of long games and games that take multiple rounds are much more common.

i was a victim of some of those blowouts....lmao
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

Next

Return to Announcement Archives