Society of the Cooks opens its doors.

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Society of the Cooks opens its doors.

Postby AAFitz on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Kotaro wrote:Just a random guess, but the admins play a net total of 10 games a month, if that ;) Probably be the reason

no...twills pretty good.... lack...eh...and andy has promise, but he picks impossible games to win, so he will never get a high score...

but im very happy to have them making the game fun for me to play, instead of playing it themselves.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
Captain AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby wcaclimbing on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:38 pm

lol what?

Why does this have to be at the top of the forum list taking up space?
I'd prefer to not be able to see that forum. Could it at least be placed at the bottom, under flame wars?
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Night Strike on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:42 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:lol what?

Why does this have to be at the top of the forum list taking up space?
I'd prefer to not be able to see that forum. Could it at least be placed at the bottom, under flame wars?

Because training up new members is much more important than flaming each other.
Captain Night Strike

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby Kotaro on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Night Strike wrote:

That's a matter of opinion.

People should have the option of asking to be removed from seeing this, as nothing in it applies to them.
Highest Rank = 2048Image
Kotaro Fuma, The Terror of Death
Private Kotaro

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:24 pm

It's a part of the standard forum list, and will most likely remain. The Flame Wars, Off Topics Forum, Map Foundry, etc, don't appeal or apply to everyone---but they, like this forum, will most likely not have an "opt out of viewing" feature. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby Kotaro on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:28 pm

Thanks for the quote Andy :) I'll put it to good use
Highest Rank = 2048Image
Private Kotaro

Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Yes more teachers please!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Lieutenant Bruceswar

Medals: 143
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (20) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (2)

Postby wcaclimbing on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:37 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:but they, like this forum, will most likely not have an "opt out of viewing" feature. :)

Could a script be made that would hide the parts of the forums we don't want to see?
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:45 pm

In regards to a user-created and user-installed script for the forum, you'd have to go see the folks at the Plugin's forum.

In regards to any forum-wide modification, there is some discussion going on in the Suggestions forum.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby GrimReaper. on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Kotaro wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

That's a matter of opinion.

People should have the option of asking to be removed from seeing this, as nothing in it applies to them.

Kotaro your just a twig in the mud who doesnt like new things
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Kotaro on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:06 pm

GrimReaper. wrote:
Kotaro your just a twig in the mud who doesnt like new things

Really? 'Cause I do a lot of new things constantly. Maybe I just don't like you?

Or maybe I don't like a random new forum to help n00bs, which has nothing to do with me, being put at the top, over other forums that are actually important (to me).

Keep your pathetic flames in flame wars, reap.
Highest Rank = 2048Image
Private Kotaro

Postby Night Strike on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:01 pm

Kotaro wrote:Or maybe I don't like a random new forum to help n00bs, which has nothing to do with me, being put at the top, over other forums that are actually important (to me).

That new forum is a work-in-progress. It is currently built for cooks and new members, but it will also serve as the place to get your questions answered and learn basic strategies for a variety of maps and settings (hence the work of the Strategy Ad-hoc). This forum will benefit whomever wishes to contribute to it or learn from it.
Captain Night Strike

Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Kotaro wrote:Or maybe I don't like a random new forum to help n00bs, which has nothing to do with me, being put at the top, over other forums that are actually important (to me).

That new forum is a work-in-progress. It is currently built for cooks and new members, but it will also serve as the place to get your questions answered and learn basic strategies for a variety of maps and settings (hence the work of the Strategy Ad-hoc). This forum will benefit whomever wishes to contribute to it or learn from it.

Ever thought that some of us don't like you Kotaro.
Either stop whining and deal with it or leave, those are the only feasible options I see.

I'm glad to see the society go public (and the Strategy and Q&A be taken more seriously), and hopefully more things that help the site from usergroup state become more mainstream.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby cpurcell on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Hmmm...here's an idea, how 'bout we hide it just like all of the other groups that people have to belong to see :roll: :?
---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (1)

Postby BaldAdonis on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:53 pm

cpurcell wrote:Hmmm...here's an idea, how 'bout we hide it just like all of the other groups that people have to belong to see :roll: :?
---C

Can you see the classrooms? The players asking for advice in specific games? There's more than meets the eye....
Lieutenant BaldAdonis

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Yay !

Postby gloryordeath on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:21 pm

GrimReaper. wrote:wait!!!!!!!! are we going to be using the forum under usergroups???
what are the classrooms for!

are aliens invading???

we must fight!!! Image

Your games Grim will be in the class room you have been put in. So no we will not be using the old forum anymore. This new forum is a two part deal. One is the privet hidden class rooms that members of the Society are taut Terminator and standard style games in a class room like setting. This builds a foundation of strategy for you. Latter you will see how this can base strategy can be used threw out you gaming here in CC. The second part is a work in progress. A place for everyone to come to look for help or give help on all sorts of game play and settings.
The Society of Cooks Train a cook today battle an officer tomorrow! Making good players great! viewtopic.php?f=341&t=74468

xiGAMES Member

Lieutenant gloryordeath

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Night Strike on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:18 am

I merged the Yay! thread from the Training Grounds into here.
Captain Night Strike

Postby GrimReaper. on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:27 am

ahh stay in the tourney forum (jk)
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Training Grounds locked?

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:54 am

:-s ?

Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Training Grounds locked?

Postby Night Strike on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:56 am

I just posted there (took a while to make that long post).

Merged with the announcement thread.
Captain Night Strike

Postby sailorseal on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:50 pm

the.killing.44 wrote::-s ?

44 do you understand? The main part is locked
](*,)
Cook sailorseal

Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (3)

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:00 pm

sailorseal wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote::-s ?

44 do you understand? The main part is locked
](*,)

Yeah, I understand. But only after NS explained it, which was after I posted. :roll:

Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby ZionT on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:01 pm

This is a great idea, I'd love to participate in some training.

Guess I'll contact the dudes of grounds.

=D>
Major ZionT

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (8)

Next

Return to Announcement Archives