Conquer Club

Free Premium & Game Invitations

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Free Premium & Game Invitations

Postby pimphawks70 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:23 am

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:
pimphawks70 wrote:
demonfork wrote:
JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:First I would like to say that it is always great to see Lack making changes on the site to try and improve it for the majority of the players on the site. It shows he cares and is willing to listen to what the players want and tries to make it better. However, I am going to admitt that this update does absolutely nothing for me. I recently been trying to clear the 2 vs 2 games up that are in waiting status since we have 30+ pages of total games that just sit there waiting for players to join. If I recall correctly, thats over 3000 games. Since this feature was added, the 2 vs 2 idle games have jumped from 100 waiting to now 225 games and I believe it is due to this. Players are now creating even more games at a faster rate since all they need to do is create the games and sit back and relax until everyone joins. I think this is worth watching as the next couple weeks go by to see how much more it will grow.

JR

What do you care if there are pages of games waiting to be joined?

Does anybody else see the irony about JR, the one who asked for an increase in the number of games one could have waiting, complaining about the number of waiting games? That isn't a slam on him as a player, as I am well aware he is an excellent gamer, I'm just saying that his post, at least to me, seems fairly hypocritical...

as always, everyone is looking for the flame. I admitted on the general forum for years I helped keep the total high and was now no longer creating games to add to the cause. Get with the program.

Wasn't a flame... It just seems to me that somebody is pulling and Arlen Specter in here...
Brigadier pimphawks70

Fix Game Finder

Postby kmhebert on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:35 am

There should be a "Reserved/Unreserved" radio button in Game Finder with "Unreserved" checked as default. Now when I do a game search for public games I get a whole page of Reserved games which I can't join and don't care about. This should be fixed, it's like forgetting to click "public" and seeing all the private games you can't join.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby talia-thomas on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:59 am

Great addition! This will really revolutionize game play. Great work to all! =D>
Corporal talia-thomas

Re: Fix Game Finder

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:56 am

kmhebert wrote:There should be a "Reserved/Unreserved" radio button in Game Finder with "Unreserved" checked as default. Now when I do a game search for public games I get a whole page of Reserved games which I can't join and don't care about. This should be fixed, it's like forgetting to click "public" and seeing all the private games you can't join.

I agree. and if you go to join a game, there are always 3-5 stipes at the top that say "game XXXXXX is fully reserved" or something like that.

and then about 30 of Klobber's stupid circus maximus games.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby danfrank on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:54 pm

OLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM E I E I O
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby TheOtherOne on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:57 pm

could it be possible to add the invite to the "start a game" page?
Captain TheOtherOne

Postby Mr_Adams on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:07 am

not applicable to speed games I see.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:09 am

Mr_Adams wrote:not applicable to speed games I see.

lackattack wrote:Game invitations are not available for speed games.
(4th paragraph of 1st post)
Major Night Strike

Postby lackattack on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:42 am

barterer2002 wrote:It would be nice if the PM stated what type of game it is. For instance I've been experimenting with it for tournament games but I understand from one of my players that he had a lot of these come in and almost missed that this was for a tournament. I believe the PM current states "You're Invited to a Game!" but if we could add in the type (Tournament, Private, Public) before the word Game it would be helpful.

I added the tournament name to the PM, like this:

I reserved a spot for you on Team 1 in game 3438782 (Tournament: Feudal Doubles Tournament).

Also, when you view the game you'll be able to see all the details including the game label.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby barterer2002 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:46 am

Great, thanks Lack
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Perhaps it would also be good to have the tournament invite override the Yes/No option on the Game Settings screen.
Major Night Strike

Postby barterer2002 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:53 pm

Or at the very least notify the TO that this player isn't accepting invites.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Beckytheblondie on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:53 pm

I join a quads game with team 1 reserved by creator. I invite three members to join me on team two. One of my invites declines leaving an open spot. Creator quickly after invites an unknown player to join my team, I think. I didn't invite another player.

Is this legal?
2011-11-07 14:19:43 - StinknLincoln: whoa, what happened?
2011-11-07 14:19:50 - Beckytheblondie: Becky happened
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby potiusmori on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:
kmhebert wrote:There should be a "Reserved/Unreserved" radio button in Game Finder with "Unreserved" checked as default. Now when I do a game search for public games I get a whole page of Reserved games which I can't join and don't care about. This should be fixed, it's like forgetting to click "public" and seeing all the private games you can't join.

I agree. and if you go to join a game, there are always 3-5 stipes at the top that say "game XXXXXX is fully reserved" or something like that.

and then about 30 of Klobber's stupid circus maximus games.

There's not even stripes saying Fully reserved in some situations. I just did a search i typically do (2 players, open, public) and the first ten hits are 1 player and -reserved-. I'm confident I'm not invited to them, so I'd prefer not to see them. I'm thirding the request (it seems) that reserved games are either shown only if you're the invitee or an option made in game finder to exclude them entirely.

Also, I'm curious if the reservation feature will be used to lock-out open games if the time limit is extended past 24 hours. If I had premium & a player I didn't want to be my teammate (but didn't care to make a foe) joined my team, I might just send out an invite to a dud account or friend and let it sit as long as I could with the hope of encouraging that player to move on to another game.
Sergeant 1st Class potiusmori

Postby cyrenius on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:36 am

lackattack wrote:Game Invitations

The spot is automatically reserved for 24 hours and the player is sent a PM with instructions. You can invite players into public games and private games.

It is almost 48 hours since I invited someone to a game and the spot it's still reserved

Game 5298357
Last edited by cyrenius on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of Image XiGames
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Sergeant 1st Class cyrenius

Postby GenuineEarlGrey on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:47 am

cyrenius wrote:It is almost 48 hours since I invited someone to a game and the spot it's still reserved

Seem to have a similar situation in Game 5297618

Many thanks for the addition

E.G.
Lieutenant GenuineEarlGrey

Postby lackattack on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:32 am

I must have forgotten to update a file. Looks like they are expiring now...
Sergeant lackattack

Postby flexmaster33 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:47 am

nice work...I look forward to that feature as a T.O...makes sending out reminders much easier.
Current tourneys -- 2023-24 College Basketball, Arms Race! Best of Five, Conquer the World, 2024 Major League Soccer

High rank: Major. Place: 1,150. Points: 2,093
Sergeant 1st Class flexmaster33

Postby potiusmori on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Oh... Idea/Annoyance I'm seeing with the reservation system.

I've seen a few games now where it's set up as follows:
(2 player map)
slot 1: -open-
slot 2: -reserved-

Is there any point in maintaining reservations when no other players are holding slots (outside of possibly a tournament game)? Shouldn't the game, upon last "active" player leaves the reservations be removed/game destroyed, similar as to what happens when the last player leaves a game without reservations?

Liking the idea though. great addition.
Sergeant 1st Class potiusmori

Postby yowzer14 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:34 pm

Definitely something that should be added to the "Game Finder" page. Would reduce the pages of games that are not available to join. I agree, a simple checkbox before submitting or perhaps just not showing games that you are not a reserved player for and therefore cannot Join into.
Private 1st Class yowzer14

Postby kmhebert on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:08 pm

yowzer14 wrote:

Definitely something that should be added to the "Game Finder" page. Would reduce the pages of games that are not available to join. I agree, a simple checkbox before submitting or perhaps just not showing games that you are not a reserved player for and therefore cannot Join into.

To be honest I keep checking into the forum, stunned it's not done already. Heh that and adding game date to date finder, but omitting reserveds should be a big priority. It's annoying!
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:22 am

Game 5298174

lol after the invitation expired no one is in the game, period. and it's still up. Was this meant to be?

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby guardian1357 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:54 pm

well i tried to get premium but i aint got a credit card :( ahh welll sucks being me :D
Sergeant guardian1357

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:34 pm

why can't you reserve spots in speed games?
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Night Strike on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:57 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:why can't you reserve spots in speed games?

Probably because the spots are coded to stay reserved for 24 hours, but obviously speed games don't last that long. It could also be so freemiums can't get invitations to them that could get around the premium requirement.
Major Night Strike

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives