Conquer Club

Freestyle improved

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Freestyle improved

Postby kaikeva on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:11 pm

This is a great improvement.
Freestyle's were designed to speed up gameplay, to make people play their turns faster. Penalty on the person who plays last is fair if you look at the game type concept.

Why would anyone reward player who was waited by everyone else, waiting for the time to run out so he can have a bonus of a double turn?
-for me it was a bug.

If you like your double turns why don't just ask CC to make a game type where you and your opponents have that option. I guess there would be many people interested in playing "double-turn" games, but that's not the reason most of us join freestyle.

Thanks for the improvement, cheers.
General kaikeva

Postby sully800 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Bruceswar wrote:I have to agree... if you miss a turn you should be blocked.. and the last one to move should not be blocked. It makes no sense the way it is. Why should someone who took a turn get punished vs someone who did not... If you miss then you should not have the right to play first or at least everybody should be able to play (since 2 player games could turn ugly this way) But in multi player games makes zero sense to play it this way. It basically rewards players for missing a turn rather than taking it. Say I cash for 15 at 12 seconds left... drop attack and get a card... player X with 4 cards misses by accident while I cashed on 5. Anyhow now I must wait for this person or another to start, even though they missed and they can start right away. If I had missed with them I could start right away and make a play if one was to be made. Why would anybody want to play right before the round is over. If a player misses anybody should be able to go right away. Even in a 2 player game... if you do not take your turn with 24 hours... you should be punished not helped. YOU MISSED... therefore you should have to pay up for missing.

I think the best solution is to not block anyone when a player misses their turn. I still think that allowing the 7th player to go again can result in a double turn and therefore punish the other 6 who played earlier. BUT, I also understand that in most circumstances it simply punishes the 7th player (assuming they were not trying to take advantage of the 8th player missing a turn).

It doesn't make sense to block the player who missed their turn, because in many cases that will cause them to miss ANOTHER turn (if you have to wait for 12 hours after missing, then you have a much smaller time window available to play. For people with limited time this could force them to deadbeat if they only access CC during certain hours).

So how about it - if a player misses a turn no one is blocked for the next round. Objections?
Major sully800

Postby sully800 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:45 pm

Prankcall wrote:I don't see how anything can be called an upgrade when you took away something that people enjoyed playing the way it was,not that our opinions matter in the least.Way to go shitting on paying customers,glad I'm not one anymore..yet...

Well as an actual paying customer I certainly think this is an upgrade because it patched a loophole that has existed in freestyle since the purposeful removal of double turns. If you want to campaign to bring back "Double turns allowed" games (with the restriction that new recruits cannot play them) feel free. And hey, if you buy premium again and then campaign for the idea others might be more inclined to listen.
Major sully800

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:50 pm

No objection to that. It sounds pretty fair to me... There may still be problems but I can't see a completely satisfactory solution. This seems fairest
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby luapie on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:29 am

Maybe you should improve the speed off the website so freestyle can be played as it used to be!!! lagattack!
Sergeant 1st Class luapie

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:04 pm

sully800 wrote:I think the best solution is to not block anyone when a player misses their turn. I still think that allowing the 7th player to go again can result in a double turn and therefore punish the other 6 who played earlier. BUT, I also understand that in most circumstances it simply punishes the 7th player (assuming they were not trying to take advantage of the 8th player missing a turn).

It doesn't make sense to block the player who missed their turn, because in many cases that will cause them to miss ANOTHER turn (if you have to wait for 12 hours after missing, then you have a much smaller time window available to play. For people with limited time this could force them to deadbeat if they only access CC during certain hours).

So how about it - if a player misses a turn no one is blocked for the next round. Objections?

The bolded part - If you have limited time for CC stick to seq. Freestyle requires much more time to be able to win at a regular basis. The idea of blocking no players is fine with me, and personally I think it is how it should be. Yeah sure some double turns might happen, but it would be a very rare if it does.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby luapie on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:00 am

LAG LAG LAG LOADING LOADING LOADING, Remove the speed game sector! LAGATTACK
Sergeant 1st Class luapie

Postby redhawk92 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:23 pm

this is crap so im quitting

no 25 for you lack or at least not for a while
Captain redhawk92

Postby thebest712 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:45 am

what I don't understand is why if a player misses a turn in freestyle he can play immediatly after it, so its sometimes good to miss a turn...
Major thebest712

Postby TheyCallMeGrim on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:03 pm

As I type this, I am at a disadvantage in one of my games because of this change. As it has been described hypothetically above, one of my opponents skipped a turn, incrementing the round. I was informed I could take a turn, but when I checked, I was blocked. Why? Because of the three of us who took our turns yesterday afternoon, I just happened to be the one do to so last. I cannot believe that I would be cheating the system by taking a turn right now, and I see no reason why I or anyone in my situation should be blocked simply because someone skipped a turn. If anything, this might open the door for things just as nasty as the hack that this fix removed from the game.

Let's say there are three players, A, B and C, that it's round 10, that A and B have played already in that order, and that C would gain from B not being allowed to play first in the next round. C now has the ability to dictate playing order by not playing his/her round. C waits, allows the clock to run out, then plays first with a larger deployment and the jump on B. This is not the case in my game, but I see it as a very possible problem.

In the time I took to write this, one of my opponents might have already taken advantage of the fact that I am blocked. My inability to play has drastically changed the way this game will end; depending on who plays first, my opponents will receive more troops than they would have had I been able to play. Please consider adjusting the conditions for blocking a player in Freestyle!
Captain TheyCallMeGrim

Postby fiction on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:33 pm

This change sounds perfect and was well needed and all the bs reasons being given against it are just that bs, don't change a thing. I can't believe my campaign worked honestly and I gave up and went to play sequential, I am so happy that I can play freestyle again without the fear of cheaters.
And I love reading the messages from the cheaters complaining they got screwed because they couldn't cheat their opponent out of the game, laugh every time.
Lieutenant fiction

Postby TheyCallMeGrim on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 am

fiction wrote:And I love reading the messages from the cheaters complaining they got screwed because they couldn't cheat their opponent out of the game, laugh every time.

Perhaps you could post a reasoned explanation of how I was cheating. If I was, then I apologize for making such a fuss and I will refrain from playing Freestyle games.
Captain TheyCallMeGrim

Postby qwertylpc on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:01 pm

this update sux there is nothing i can do about my opponenets cheap tactics

oh wat foe him and give him bad ratings he waited a few hours for me to leave then went broke my bonuses after agreeing to playing an rt

if there was the double turn it would have forced him to stay online and play rt but now he beat me

Game 5739004
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

Postby KraphtOne on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:08 pm

qwertylpc wrote:this update sux there is nothing i can do about my opponenets cheap tactics

oh wat foe him and give him bad ratings he waited a few hours for me to leave then went broke my bonuses after agreeing to playing an rt

if there was the double turn it would have forced him to stay online and play rt but now he beat me

Game 5739004

This Is Exactly What The Idiots Don't Understand qwertylpc... Much Greater Advantage By Not Allowing The Double Turns...

But Don't Try To Argue It Because They Truly Do Not Understand What You're Talking About...

They Just Can't Make The Brain Waves Function In A Manner That They Understand Why Changing It Was A Stupid Idea...

Don't Argue With Fools I Once Read...

My Tip To You Is Don't Play 1vs1 Freestyle :0) Too Easy To Use Cheap Delay Tactics...
Major KraphtOne

Postby jammyjames on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:25 am

yeah freestyle has become completely ruined due to this update, it seems that this site is just falling further down the hill daily.
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby Robinette on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:56 am

If the point of freestyle is to not have to wait sequentially for a turn...
then Can someone explain to me the point of 1v1 freestyle?

I mean... 1v1 means you're guaranteed not to wait more than 24 hrs, right?

I guess my question is... how does 1v1 freestyle differ from 1v1 seq?
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Koganosi on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:00 pm

Robinette wrote:If the point of freestyle is to not have to wait sequentially for a turn...

More likely in speed. Only 2;30 and fast start, still. In a non speed it can cost you 12 hours and can make it a sequintical because you cant double turn it. It is still the same. But no double turn. Double turn is a cheap tactic wich people need to use to win. If you need it you suck at this and should start playing something else.

Urs

koganosi.
Major Koganosi

Postby jammyjames on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:44 pm

Koganosi wrote:
Robinette wrote:If the point of freestyle is to not have to wait sequentially for a turn...

More likely in speed. Only 2;30 and fast start, still. In a non speed it can cost you 12 hours and can make it a sequintical because you cant double turn it. It is still the same. But no double turn. Double turn is a cheap tactic wich people need to use to win. If you need it you suck at this and should start playing something else.

Urs

koganosi.

correction koganosi, double turn actually makes the game more strategical, speed comes more into the game, and you have to plan moves in case of someone double turning you. I feel this was a stupid update, that was probably primarily made up from the sequential players??

Postby KraphtOne on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:46 pm

you notice that 90% of the people that like the new freestyle system are people that did not pay 25 bucks...

And the running comment was "watch how the high ranks go down"... i dont see any of the good freestyle players losing too much rank because of your new system...

They're only pissed off now because it takes much more awareness to avoid delay tactics...

If You Sucked At The Old Freestyle, You Suck At This System Too...
Major KraphtOne

Postby jammyjames on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:55 pm

also along with krapht to prove it is a useless feature, my Map Rank for freestyle has stayed around the same mark, however im starting to peak a litle more now due to actually remembering how to play the basics of risk. lmao

Freestyle made even worse

Postby Teflon Kris on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Deliberately missing a turn to get a turn + deferred troops + going first is rediculous.

A ploy that is probably worse than the double-turn scenario this change was supposed to fix.

Now we have a 36-hour really slow and infinitely annoying double-turn scenario!

A massive advantage for missing a turn.

Let's have sully's suggestion (nobody is blocked after a miss).

C'mon, must be an easy change?
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Re: Freestyle made even worse

Postby Duality. on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:36 am

DJ Teflon wrote:Deliberately missing a turn to get a turn + deferred troops

As far as I'm aware if you miss your deployment turn then you do not receive deffered troops. Merely three's on all your territories.
Sergeant 1st Class Duality.

Postby jammyjames on Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:18 am

alright... im in a quads game, team 1 are going to miss their turn, we have already taken ours as a team.they then get 12 hours more to take their next go, get to go first instead of us as we were quick. and then get the men to deploy at the end too...

freestyle improved.... Bollocks!!!!

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:50 am

thanks to the above comments i am still not touching freestyle with a ten foot pole.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Wellspring on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:08 am

Agreed with above comments, missing a turn resulting in getting to start the next round is ridiculous.
Major Wellspring

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives