Conquer Club

TeamCC Open Applications

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: TeamCC Open Applications

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:44 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:Username:muy_thaiguy

mtg stuffed up lol.

pm ;)
Last edited by lord voldemort on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby jammyjames on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:52 am

POST REMOVED
Last edited by jammyjames on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:54 am

Just to reiterate, if you are looking to apply, please do so via PM, and not by posting in this topic.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby e_i_pi on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:56 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Just to reiterate, if you are looking to apply, please do so via PM, and not by posting in this topic.

--Andy

I'd like to apply for the position of Guy Who Doesn't Read The Instructions
Captain e_i_pi

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:59 am

I don't think we've made that an official position unfortunately. Perhaps another time? ;)

=======

Anyways, looking forward to seeing everyone's Applications.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Mad Pineapples on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:25 pm

cena-rules wrote:$20 on fitz getting a mod place

Don't forget targetman1234
Sergeant 1st Class Mad Pineapples

Postby Timminz on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:34 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:i was also gonna say that i was pretty sure fitz had no intention of joining teamcc, and neither was timminz, who has been offered jobs before, if i'm not mistaken...

You are.
Captain Timminz

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:26 pm

We have received 14 applications so far, and in them are some very good candidates from a cursory glance, please keep them coming. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Mad Pineapples on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:We have received 14 applications so far, and in them are some very good candidates from a cursory glance, please keep them coming. :)

Really? Wow.. I hope the person I was talking to gets a place..

Postby colton24 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:20 pm

this day finally came? :cry: never thought it would.
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby Mad Pineapples on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:25 pm

colton24 wrote:this day finally came? :cry: never thought it would.

Go Colton Go! =D>

Postby colton24 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:29 pm

:lol: Just before I posted it, I considered it would start a flame wars. I'm glad it didn't....kinda
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:59 pm

Who else saw colton start to use good grammar, capitalization, spelling, etc. just as this popped up, in light of:
Good grammar (spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc)

:roll:
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Mad Pineapples on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:28 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:Who else saw colton start to use good grammar, capitalization, spelling, etc. just as this popped up, in light of:

In fairness, his grammar etc. was making a big improvement before this thread was posted. However, he hasn't been a member for six months, which is required.

Postby sailorseal on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:07 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:Who else saw colton start to use good grammar, capitalization, spelling, etc. just as this popped up, in light of:

Actually I told him to days ago
Cook sailorseal

Postby colton24 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Mad Pineapples wrote:

In fairness, his grammar etc. was making a big improvement before this thread was posted. However, he hasn't been a member for six months, which is required.

He said," You might not be considered."
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Postby sailorseal on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:21 pm

colton24 wrote:
Mad Pineapples wrote:

Who said?
Cook sailorseal

Postby Gilligan on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:23 pm

sailorseal wrote:
colton24 wrote:
Mad Pineapples wrote:

Who said?

Did you read the first post?
Captain Gilligan

Postby sailorseal on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Oh he is talking about the "You are not likely to be considered" I thought he might be talking about a private conversation with OP
Cook sailorseal

Postby AAFitz on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:44 pm

cena-rules wrote:$20 on fitz getting a mod place

Ill take that bet. I was asked to be a mod years ago and declined.

For a long time I acted as an advisor, but didnt really do anything of consequence.

I love CC, and have a great time here, but I do not love it enough to give up my freedom as a regular poster and player.

If I were a mod, I would try to be a professional one, but it would limit me so much that I just wouldnt have any fun any more.

Ironically, this is why I give the mods so much support, and Ironically why so many think I am aspiring to be a mod. I felt guilty by leaving team CC, but for selfish reasons do not regret it for one second, except perhaps that I talk to some of them less, and have a few less oportunities to inject some humor.

The only pet project I had while on team CC, was trying to get the ratings adjusted, so that brand new players dont suffer as badly and quickly from one random bad rating. Other than that, for the last year, I contributed nearly zero to team CC, and asked them to remove me, so that I didnt even have the pressure of being part of management in any way. I have a business of my own to run, and CC is just a break for me. The game, and the forum is just a very interesting, and unique form of entertainment.

So any other takers, or anyone still doubt that I would simply never, ever, ever become a CC moderator?
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby 40kguy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:04 pm

for the 250 posts can they be including the ones that you use in your clans and usergroups or no?
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:26 pm

AAFitz wrote:
For a long time I acted as an advisor, but didnt really do anything of consequence.

Now that explains things. Thanks for clearing the air.

Regards,
General Stoneham
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM

Postby AAFitz on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:12 pm

GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:AAFitz wrote:

Regards,
General Stoneham

Its actually been common knowledge among those who saw the thread I made upon stepping down, or out....
There was really no air to clear. I always laugh at the suggestion that I want to be a moderator, because the great bulk of them came after I actually left because while part of team CC, I felt somewhat constrained and felt I needed to have a more professional voice, simply because of my association, even though I was just a bystander...mostly with an occasional joke for the last year or so. Earlier on, before team CC grew, I did jump in more, but once Andy and Op took over... I knew CC had nothing to worry about...and even if it did... there really wasnt anything I could do about it anyways. :D

Anyways... for any thinking about becoming a mod, I guarantee you that you will be absolutely impressed with the sheer amount of work that goes on behind the scenes. The number of people giving their time and energy, and all with a positive attitude, is simply encouraging, and a great experience, that I feel very privileged to have seen and in a very small way, have been a part of. It is for this reason that I do spend time supporting the mods when I agree with them. But it is in an effort to thank them, not win their favor as many mistakenly surmise.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:34 pm

AAFitz wrote:
GENERAL STONEHAM wrote:AAFitz wrote:

Regards,
General Stoneham

Its actually been common knowledge among those who saw the thread I made upon stepping down, or out....
There was really no air to clear. I always laugh at the suggestion that I want to be a moderator, because the great bulk of them came after I actually left because while part of team CC, I felt somewhat constrained and felt I needed to have a more professional voice, simply because of my association, even though I was just a bystander...mostly with an occasional joke for the last year or so. Earlier on, before team CC grew, I did jump in more, but once Andy and Op took over... I knew CC had nothing to worry about...and even if it did... there really wasnt anything I could do about it anyways. :D

Anyways... for any thinking about becoming a mod, I guarantee you that you will be absolutely impressed with the sheer amount of work that goes on behind the scenes. The number of people giving their time and energy, and all with a positive attitude, is simply encouraging, and a great experience, that I feel very privileged to have seen and in a very small way, have been a part of. It is for this reason that I do spend time supporting the mods when I agree with them. But it is in an effort to thank them, not win their favor as many mistakenly surmise.

..oh boo-hoo, sniffle [as I pull another tissue to wipe the tears] that was beautiful AAFitz, it really did pull my heart strings.

Grown men do cry,
General Stoneham
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM

Postby a.sub on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:40 pm

FAQ wrote:
ConquerClub is maintained in large part by the volunteer TeamCC made up of members from the community who have taken on the responsibility of moderating, managing the Map Foundry, coordinating Tournaments, handling cheating accusations and helping members like you find answers to their questions.

If you would like to join TeamCC the best way to do this is to be "modly" in the forum: If you cannot moderate without the tools and title, you will have a hard time moderating with the tools and title. Existing TeamCC members are always looking out for potential members who are active, helping out others, organizing tournaments, commenting on maps in production, and who don't let themselves get baited and don't bait others.

Be active and helpful and someone will approach you.

sheesh OP read the rules before you post ... :P :lol:
Cadet a.sub

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives