Dark Continent (Colonial Africa) [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dark Continent (Colonial Africa) [3,31, 12] Pg. 38

Postby The Bison King on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:21 am

Gillipig wrote:In the right corner of the map you've written a couple of territory labels that are not part of the playable map. I think Russia, Persia and Central Asia should stay, but not Burma and Siberia! They're a bit too far away to be included and it doesn't look good to have territory labels on the right side of the legend. Let that area of the map be a mystery :).

The sea route looks much clearer now btw.

I don't know, I mean I don't really feel like they're hurting anything. Most people probably won't even notice them until the 2nd or 3rd time they play the map.
Sergeant The Bison King

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby RedBaron0 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Looks like we're finally out of nitpicks ;)

ImageImageImage
Major RedBaron0
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby Gillipig on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 am

=D> =D> Looking forward to be playing this on beta :)!
Regarding the subtle names I still feel the same. A bit distracting with Siberia and Burma. Don't feel like they need to be there and they certainly don't add anything to the map even if they don't subtract much either.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby natty dread on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:23 am

Gillipig wrote:=D> =D> Looking forward to be playing this on beta :)!
Regarding the subtle names I still feel the same. A bit distracting with Siberia and Burma. Don't feel like they need to be there and they certainly don't add anything to the map even if they don't subtract much either.

No one cares if the names are there or not.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby ender516 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:02 pm

I actually like those names. It was a tiny pleasant surprise to realize that India was completely masked by the legend. I have nothing against India, it was just a matter of recognizing the size and position of these places. Sort of "Well, what do you know about that?"
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby The Bison King on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:25 pm

RedBaron0 wrote:Looks like we're finally out of nitpicks ;)

Hooray! feels good to be in the forge.

Ender516 last time I checked the XML it looked ready to be sent off for approval, do you agree?
Sergeant The Bison King

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby Gillipig on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:37 pm

ender516 wrote:I actually like those names. It was a tiny pleasant surprise to realize that India was completely masked by the legend. I have nothing against India, it was just a matter of recognizing the size and position of these places. Sort of "Well, what do you know about that?"

I like the three west of the legend. The two east of the legend looks a little out of place though. I didn't realize India was covered at first either. Came as a little surprise :).
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby ender516 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:22 pm

The Bison King wrote:
RedBaron0 wrote:Looks like we're finally out of nitpicks ;)

Hooray! feels good to be in the forge.

Ender516 last time I checked the XML it looked ready to be sent off for approval, do you agree?

I think we are ready to go. I posted a version here, and I don't think anything that has changed since then would affect the XML. So I think we can go with Colonial_Africa_2.4.xml.
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)

Postby The Bison King on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Sweet! ok XML submitted for approval.
Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby The Bison King on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 am

Still awaiting XML stamp
Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby The Bison King on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby ender516 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:29 pm

It was kinda fun watching your avatar dance to that clip, TBK. Of course, playing this map would be better.
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:47 pm

ender516 wrote:It was kinda fun watching your avatar dance to that clip, TBK. Of course, playing this map would be better.

Agreed.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby The Bison King on Thu May 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Ok it's been over a month now, since I submitted the XML for approval. I'm hoping I'll see a stamp in the next couple days.
Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby isaiah40 on Thu May 03, 2012 9:10 pm

The Bison King wrote:Ok it's been over a month now, since I submitted the XML for approval. I'm hoping I'll see a stamp in the next couple days.

Have patience, tnb80 has been extremely busy in Rl, and with natty not doing it anymore ...
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas