Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [29.1.12] V9/P9 GP finished?

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:11 pm

cairnswk wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:That could work, though I was thinking of one of the utilities or parks. Any way would be fine with me.

Ah BGD is one of the utilities - it's purple :idea:

Ah so it is!! that will work then.
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:29 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:That could work, though I was thinking of one of the utilities or parks. Any way would be fine with me.

Cool, i'll adjust the map and re=post. Thanks :)
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:28 am

cairnswk wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

Cool, i'll adjust the map and re=post. Thanks :)

Version 9 re-posted.

Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Jeez, this is like the third time I thought I posted here already, ha.

Texture looks okey dokey to me! The new troop circles, however, look pixel-y to me.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Jeez, this is like the third time I thought I posted here already, ha.
Texture looks okey dokey to me! The new troop circles, however, look pixel-y to me.
-Sully

Yes i agree about the troop circles but it might just be something in the CD image translation.
I'll check it out. I don't think it is a major one though.
Corporal cairnswk

Postby Gillipig on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:28 am

I love how creative this map is! One thing though, the legend text describing that you need to hold at least one tribe to stay in the game is too small. I think you should either increase the size of it or change the text colour or texture to signalize that this is important information.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:08 am

Gillipig wrote:I love how creative this map is! One thing though, the legend text describing that you need to hold at least one tribe to stay in the game is too small. I think you should either increase the size of it or change the text colour or texture to signalize that this is important information.

Consider done next version. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [9.2.12] V9/P10 image adjusted

Postby cairnswk on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:45 pm

After sully asked for new texture, i inadvertantly saved over the last file.
So i had to re-create from V8.
This is the adjusted version 9 with new texture, and i have returned to the old army circles, hoping they don't show the pixelation that was occuring in Coreldraw to .png translation.

Corporal cairnswk

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Thumbs up! :)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Thumbs up! :)

-Sully

Phew! Thanks Sully :)

So is there any thing else that needs to be discussed re this gameplay?

In summary, we've covered:
* map size
* golden numbers and required neutrals and probability drop tool
* starting positions and starting numbers
* bonuses
* tribe set up access to a easy/middle range bonus zone and any advantage from that
* legend arrangement for continents
* continent colour consistency with mini-map
* impassables

Graphics touched on:
* army circles
* legend colours consistent with the map
* losing condition text size
* ground texture
* trees and overall aesthetics
* text legibility
* continent placement in legend

I think that about it. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby Gillipig on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:58 am

Can't think of anything else! I don't know if you've changed the ocean much but it looks very good now at least.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Since there has been no real gameplay suggestions lately, and I'm happy with the way everything is right now, I do hereby brand this!
While this has been stamped, if any other game play issues are brought up, it is still expected that the mapmaker addresses those issues.
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:30 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Since there has been no real gameplay suggestions lately, and I'm happy with the way everything is right now, I do hereby brand this!
While this has been stamped, if any other game play issues are brought up, it is still expected that the mapmaker addresses those issues.

Thank you isaiah40. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [17.2.12] V10/P10 Graphics?

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Version 10
A slight depth texture has been added alongside the river, plus other minor adjustments

Corporal cairnswk

Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [17.2.12] V10/P10 CB Test adde

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:51 pm

This is the dueteranope CB test for Version 10...added to front page.

Corporal cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas