Conquer Club

Czecho Slovak Fragmentation [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Czecho Slovak Fragmentation - name change, page 41

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:43 pm

iancanton wrote:players are often using the capitals now, instead of ignoring them, so that is certainly good.

i notice that players receive 4 troops for holding Kraje (CR), but -2 troops for holding Bratislava and (CR) Kraj (without an e on the end). did u deliberately use Kraj instead of Kraje?

ian. :)

Oneye is on vacation for a week, but my guess is yes. Kraj is singular and Kraje is plural.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iancanton on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:22 pm

the bratislava text in the legend is -2 with every 2 kraje in the sr, with an e on the end.

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:36 am

iancanton wrote:the bratislava text in the legend is -2 with every 2 kraje in the sr, with an e on the end.

Yeah, that makes sense. 1 Kraj, or 2 Kraje. It would be the same as saying in English, "-2 with every 2 counties."
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Oneyed on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:26 am

melech14 wrote:Oneyed: great map.

thank you.
melech14 wrote:1) It may be better to switch the location of the SR and CR box (bottom left and top right) - since the instruction would then be closer to the area of the map; eg. CR instruction just below Czech Republic on map.

there was this thought, but I left it as it is because space. and when you divide map on upper and lower part the legends are near "their" republics, I think.
melech14 wrote:2) In the instruction at the bottom right, the rectangular Box titled REGION is a bit confusing since (I think) the term REGION is used in the CR and SR instruction as the coloured area which has 3 or 4 "towns" within.... so what is being called a REGION in the box at lower right is referred to as a "town" in the CR and SR instruction. Maybe the rectangular Box could be titled "________ town" to show that it is still a town but with special attack features.

what is REGION (with rectangular box) is explained in lower right legend. in CR and SR instruction is explained what is Kraj. maybe I could change "Kraj - coloured area with REGION and 2/3 Towns inside its border". English is not my first language, so here I need any help.
melech14 wrote:Thanks for the game.

thank you for your comments. and thank you for playing :)

Dukasaur wrote:
iancanton wrote:the bratislava text in the legend is -2 with every 2 kraje in the sr, with an e on the end.

Yeah, that makes sense. 1 Kraj, or 2 Kraje. It would be the same as saying in English, "-2 with every 2 counties."

Dukasaur has it. kraj - singular (as county). kraje - plural (as counties).

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:46 am

I haven't had any issues with the map or games I've played. I finished hosting a tournament and everything is going well.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby iancanton on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:27 am

Oneyed wrote:
melech14 wrote:2) In the instruction at the bottom right, the rectangular Box titled REGION is a bit confusing since (I think) the term REGION is used in the CR and SR instruction as the coloured area which has 3 or 4 "towns" within.... so what is being called a REGION in the box at lower right is referred to as a "town" in the CR and SR instruction. Maybe the rectangular Box could be titled "________ town" to show that it is still a town but with special attack features.

what is REGION (with rectangular box) is explained in lower right legend. in CR and SR instruction is explained what is Kraj. maybe I could change "Kraj - coloured area with REGION and 2/3 Towns inside its border". English is not my first language, so here I need any help.

in the legend, replace region by land?

iancanton wrote:the bratislava text in the legend is -2 with every 2 kraje in the cr, with an e on the end.

from the log of Game 12979070: 2013-07-14 05:34:06 - RobNC17 received -2 troops for holding Bratislava and (CR) Kraj.

did u deliberately use Kraj in the xml, but Kraje in the legend?

chapcrap wrote:I haven't had any issues with the map or games I've played. I finished hosting a tournament and everything is going well.

update of results: of the 25 completed 1v1, auto-placement, sequential, escalating, chained, sunny, non-trench games on this map that have used the xml with n3 for the two capitals, starting from Game 12833388, both capitals were attacked successfully in 4 games, praha was the sole capital taken in 5 games, bratislava was the sole capital taken in 5 games and neither capital was occupied in 11 games. player 1 received a slovak kraj bonus once from the drop (4% of games). player 1 won 14 out of 25, so the map certainly passes the fairness test. the only thing "wrong" is thematic: in 16 games out of 25, praha is ignored and, in 16 games out of 25, bratislava is ignored, so the negative bonus is very rarely seen for these popular settings.

will reducing the praha and bratislava neutrals from n3 to n2 help the negative bonus to play a bigger part? should we risk damaging the successful tournament experience that chapcrap has had?

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Oneyed on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:53 pm

iancanton wrote:in the legend, replace region by land?

sounds fine. you mean replace all names REGION with LAND?
iancanton wrote:did u deliberately use Kraj in the xml, but Kraje in the legend?

I did not make xml. I am looking at xml and for positive bonus in CR is used Kraje. but for negative bonus (hold every 2 Kraje in CR with Bratislava) is used Kraj. maybe here is problem?
iancanton wrote:will reducing the praha and bratislava neutrals from n3 to n2 help the negative bonus to play a bigger part? should we risk damaging the successful tournament experience that chapcrap has had?

I think we should risk this. I like the idea :)

thanks ian.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby iancanton on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Oneyed wrote:
iancanton wrote:in the legend, replace region by land?

sounds fine. you mean replace all names REGION with LAND?

exactly!

Oneyed wrote:
iancanton wrote:did u deliberately use Kraj in the xml, but Kraje in the legend?

I did not make xml. I am looking at xml and for positive bonus in CR is used Kraje. but for negative bonus (hold every 2 Kraje in CR with Bratislava) is used Kraj. maybe here is problem?

yes, they're different from each other.

Oneyed wrote:
iancanton wrote:will reducing the praha and bratislava neutrals from n3 to n2 help the negative bonus to play a bigger part? should we risk damaging the successful tournament experience that chapcrap has had?

I think we should risk this. I like the idea :)

u can do this at the same time as u fix the negative bonus in the xml.

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Re: Czecho Slovak Fragmentation - updated xml, page 42

Postby Oneyed on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:06 am

here is updated xml. thanks ian for advices :)

last updated xml. Praha, Bratislava start n2 instead n3. corrected Kraje instead Kraj in Bratislava negative bonus.

Oneyed
Attachments
Fragmentation_of_CSFR.xml
(15.87 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby V.J. on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:44 am

This bonus doesn't work, I didn't get +1 Praha and 4 Towns (1)
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class V.J.

Postby Oneyed on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:33 pm

V.J. wrote:This bonus doesn't work, I didn't get +1 Praha and 4 Towns (1)

have you Praha and 4 Towns in the Czech republic?

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby macbone on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:26 am

We're in a game right now where BOB says one player has the bonus for Bratislava + 4 terts, but Bratislava is a neutral. Is this perhaps a BOB issue?

Game 13054196

Bratislava and 4 Towns (1)

The site's stats don't record this bonus, making me think it's an error in BOB.

Edit: After my turn, BOB now reports me as having these territories:

ZČK Kraj (CR) (0)Praha and 4 Towns (1)

However, Praha is still neutral.
Colonel macbone

Postby Gilligan on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:05 am

macbone wrote:We're in a game right now where BOB says one player has the bonus for Bratislava + 4 terts, but Bratislava is a neutral. Is this perhaps a BOB issue?

Game 13054196

Bratislava and 4 Towns (1)

The site's stats don't record this bonus, making me think it's an error in BOB.

Edit: After my turn, BOB now reports me as having these territories:

ZČK Kraj (CR) (0)Praha and 4 Towns (1)

However, Praha is still neutral.

Bob doesn't recognize collection bonuses
Captain Gilligan

Postby Oneyed on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:41 am

updated version with using LAND ind legends instead REGION.
I am not sure if this helps, but because english is not my the first language I follow advices.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Oneyed

btw, ian (and others) how works changed xml?
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby iancanton on Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:14 pm

governments, not Goverments.
Towns and Kraje or towns and kraje, not all four of these.
Town - attacks towns and land within the same kraj, not Town - attacks towns inside its kraj and land it is located in.

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Re: Czecho Slovak Fragmentation - updated legends, page 42

Postby Oneyed on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:08 pm

updated legend.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: Czecho Slovak Fragmentation - updated 8.9.13, page 43

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Files have been sent! :)

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Jippd on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:03 pm

I agree that it is important to try to have all aspects of the map come into play. I see that a lot of research regarding whether or not these regions come into play for 1 v 1 has been done but what about standard and team games?

I don't think changes should be made just based on a 1 v 1 aspect. I think it is best to try to think about each type of game play including 1 v 1, standard with multiple players and team games.

I personally do not have the time to do this research but I think it is something good to think about.
Major Jippd

Postby Oneyed on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Jippd wrote:

I agree that it is important to try to have all aspects of the map come into play. I see that a lot of research regarding whether or not these regions come into play for 1 v 1 has been done but what about standard and team games?

I don't think changes should be made just based on a 1 v 1 aspect. I think it is best to try to think about each type of game play including 1 v 1, standard with multiple players and team games.

I personally do not have the time to do this research but I think it is something good to think about.

well I did not any research for results, but I think now is map set up fine. not even for 1v1 because when I played it with more players the capitals were not important.

thanks for help :)

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby iancanton on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:25 pm

the difficulty with trying to analyse multi-player games is that, of the few games that are created each day on this map, there are more 1v1 games than all of the rest put together. trench seems to be relatively more popular here than on other maps, so maybe i can put together some figures for trench.

of the previously-analysed format (1v1, auto-placement, sequential, escalating, chained, sunny, non-trench games), only 5 games so far have used the xml with n2 for the two capitals, starting from Game 13091761, so we cannot draw any firm conclusions yet. bratislava was the sole capital taken in 2 games and neither capital was occupied in 3 games; praha was ignored in every game. no-one received a bonus from the drop. player 1 won 4 out of 5 (80%).

in Game 13091761, the game log shows: 2013-08-19 16:14:01 - pamoa received 2 troops for holding Bratislava and 4 Towns. pamoa held 8 towns, so u'll have to think of a way to describe this bonus in the xml that makes more sense.

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Gilligan on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:33 pm

iancanton wrote:in Game 13091761, the game log shows: 2013-08-19 16:14:01 - pamoa received 2 troops for holding Bratislava and 4 Towns. pamoa held 8 towns, so u'll have to think of a way to describe this bonus in the xml that makes more sense.

Good catch...I'd say "Bratislava and Towns" would be sufficient (same for Praha)
Captain Gilligan

Postby Oneyed on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:42 pm

hm, in xml is wrote "Bratislava and 4 Towns". do not know why it not works...

ian, thanks for analyse. do you think that in this stage could be bonuses changed? to make capitals more popular, more needed?

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:59 pm

oneyed, the xml works as it is, they are jsut saying to change the bonus name in the xml.
"Bratislava and 4 Towns" must be changed into "Bratislava and Towns"
"Praha and 4 Towns" must be changed into "Praha and Towns"

in few words remove the number from the bonus name so it is consistent with games where player has more than 4 towns. It's just a name thing because the name is unique for the whole collection and the collection could be bigger than 4 towns.

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Oneyed on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:43 pm

thanks nobodies. here is edited xml.

Oneyed
Attachments
Fragmentation_of_CSFR.xml
(15.87 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: Czecho Slovak Fragmentation - bonus change?

Postby Oneyed on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:50 am

what about to change bonus for capitals and 4 towns to +2 instead +1?
when we look at kraj bonus in the slovak republic here is +2 for each. it is 4 territoreis, 3 to secure. in the czech republic kraj bonus is +4 for every 2 kraje. it is 6 territories, 4 to secure. capital with 4 towns it is 5 territories and 5 to secure.
so I have two ideas:
1, make +2 for every 4 towns (in CR/SR) with capital or
2, make capitals +1 autodeploy.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas