Czecho Slovak Fragmentation - changes are done

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - updated. Feb 18, page 36

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:42 am

Oneyed, everything in the large version seems to be slightly out of focus. The small map is super sharp and lovely to look at. Why the difference?
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby Oneyed on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:06 am

koontz1973 wrote:Oneyed, everything in the large version seems to be slightly out of focus. The small map is super sharp and lovely to look at. Why the difference?

do not know what happends to big version :) better?
Click image to enlarge.

Oneyed
Sergeant Oneyed

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:10 am

Better, but Hungary text looks darker than Germany, Austria and Poland. Apart from that, nothing looks untoward now. Looking forward to playing.

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Postby Oneyed on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 am

koontz1973 wrote:Better, but Hungary text looks darker than Germany, Austria and Poland.

solved.

Click image to enlarge.

Oneyed
Sergeant Oneyed

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

CRe: Fragmentation of CSFR - updated. Feb 18, page 36

Postby Jippd on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Can you darken the text in the mini boxes with the SR/CR images behind them? I think it will be easier to read.
Brigadier Jippd

Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: CRe: Fragmentation of CSFR - updated. Feb 18, page 36

Postby Oneyed on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:03 am

Jippd wrote:Can you darken the text in the mini boxes with the SR/CR images behind them? I think it will be easier to read.

no. they will not fit with the rest text. I lowered opacity of small maps of SR/CR.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

anything else is needed?

Oneyed
Sergeant Oneyed

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - 22/02, page 37

Postby Jippd on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:47 am

Can you lower it more? The main problem I see is the word "Towns" in the Kraj description the CR box
Brigadier Jippd

Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - 22/02, page 37

Postby Oneyed on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:03 pm

big and also small maps redrawn. changed railways, now it more fit witht he rest of map. so if there will be no problems map is ready for beta.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Oneyed
Sergeant Oneyed

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - redrawn, 23/02, page 37

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:14 am

A question...you started with the small map and then you enlarged it to obtain the big version?

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby Oneyed on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 am

thenobodies80 wrote:A question...you started with the small map and then you enlarged it to obtain the big version?

no, the base is big one.

Oneyed
Sergeant Oneyed

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:00 am

Can I suggest you to rewrite the text in the legends (or look at the settings of the current one) so it looks more like the one you have one the small version? Actually it looks a bit blurry. Only the text in the legends, the rest on the map is fine.

Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby Oneyed on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:57 am

Click image to enlarge.

in my notebook font looks fine. it must be hosting site... I do not know where could be problem. I have clear small and big maps and to this clear ones I wrote text with differebt sizes ofcourse.

Oneyed

EDIT: nobodies, please download thi file and look at font. thank you.
http://www.2shared.com/file/9nWKO6QP/840_02.html
Sergeant Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Oneyed, check your settings for when you save the map. You might be compressing the map by accident without realising it. That is the only thing apart from imageshack that might be causing your files to look bad.

Postby Oneyed on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:18 pm

koontz1973 wrote:Oneyed, check your settings for when you save the map. You might be compressing the map by accident without realising it. That is the only thing apart from imageshack that might be causing your files to look bad.

I save small and big by the same way. and small looks fine...

Oneyed
Sergeant Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 pm

That may be so, but when you go and save the small map, GIMP knows the settings used for that map. It is the same for every map. GIMP remembers what you used in the past for that map. Either that or you need to look for another hosting site as the large is not in focus again.

Postby Oneyed on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:30 pm

another site. looks better, no?

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Oneyed
Sergeant Oneyed

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another hosting site, 25/02, pag

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Yeah, much better ;)

show

Postby Gilligan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Oneyed, I I appreciate the credit for some XML assist, but honestly it isn't "my name on the map" worthy. All I did was really check it, cairns did all the rest. If the XML checker got his name on every map he checked, forza az would be everywhere! ;)
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 200
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (31)

Fragmentation of CSFR - Beta

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Beta - Quenching

---The development period has concluded for the Fragmentation of CSFR Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Beta Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready for BETA Play. After an extended period of time in BETA and once all quirks and issues have been resolved, the map will be put into Full Play (barring any Admins or Foundry Foreman vetoes).

Conquer Club, enjoy!

While the map is in BETA Play, there are a couple of administrative tasks that are required of the mapmaker(s) in addition to the initial gameplay testing:
    1. Please ensure that the first post of the thread contains all the necessary information to help future visitors to the development thread; it's particularly important to ensure the most recent images are there, along with any helpful guides (such as gameplay quirks/nuances or the location/size of any starting neutrals etc.)
    2. It is the responsibility of the mapmaker(s) to ensure that they respond to further feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
    3. Write a "creative" map description and send it to the Foundry Foreman via PM. You're encouraged to post it into the first post of the thread as well; the description will be used to populate the maps database.

thenobodies80

show

Postby Oneyed on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:49 am

Gilligan wrote:Oneyed, I I appreciate the credit for some XML assist, but honestly it isn't "my name on the map" worthy. All I did was really check it, cairns did all the rest. If the XML checker got his name on every map he checked, forza az would be everywhere! ;)

if you realy do not want to have your name on map let me know and I will delete you.

thanks to everybody who helps to bring this map to Beta :D

Oneyed
Sergeant Oneyed

Postby Gilligan on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Oneyed wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Oneyed, I I appreciate the credit for some XML assist, but honestly it isn't "my name on the map" worthy. All I did was really check it, cairns did all the rest. If the XML checker got his name on every map he checked, forza az would be everywhere! ;)

if you realy do not want to have your name on map let me know and I will delete you.

thanks to everybody who helps to bring this map to Beta :D

Oneyed

I don't think it needs to be there. :geek:
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (31)

Postby Oneyed on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:23 am

last update without Gilligan name.
Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Oneyed
Sergeant Oneyed

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - last update, 08/03, page 38

Postby chapcrap on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:31 am

I think there is a problem with the XML.

In this game: Game 12463747, BOB said that Swifte was going to get a +1 bonus for holding Bratislava and 4 towns. He did not hold Bratislava. He did hold 5 CR towns though. I took Kosice from him and his bonus went away. Oddly, this also coincided with him going from 12 territories to 11 territories. However, BOB said he held the Bratislava/town bonus.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Gilligan on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:57 am

chapcrap wrote:I think there is a problem with the XML.

In this game: Game 12463747, BOB said that Swifte was going to get a +1 bonus for holding Bratislava and 4 towns. He did not hold Bratislava. He did hold 5 CR towns though. I took Kosice from him and his bonus went away. Oddly, this also coincided with him going from 12 territories to 11 territories. However, BOB said he held the Bratislava/town bonus.

I think it's more of a problem with BOB, and it not being able to handle bonus collections.
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:08 pm

Gilligan wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I think there is a problem with the XML.

I think it's more of a problem with BOB, and it not being able to handle bonus collections.

What gilligan said is 100% correct.

show

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps