Czecho Slovak Fragmentation - changes are done

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Jippd on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Yes that looks much better.

Small note but it should say On the 1st of whatever year not in the first of

I also think you should edit the boxes.

One should contain all the bonus possibilities..(the 2 kraj bonus' for CR/SR...the towns bonus...and the bonus' the two capitals give you)

The other box should explain:
what a kraj is
what a town is and what towns can/cannot attack
what highways do
explain the capitals are not part of the town bonus (are they part of the kraj bonus)?
User avatar
Brigadier Jippd
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Oneyed on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Jippd wrote:Yes that looks much better.


thanks.
Jippd wrote:Small note but it should say On the 1st of whatever year not in the first of


what about: On the January 1, 1989.....

Jippd wrote:One should contain all the bonus possibilities..(the 2 kraj bonus' for CR/SR...the towns bonus...and the bonus' the two capitals give you)

The other box should explain:
what a kraj is
what a town is and what towns can/cannot attack
what highways do


I thought about this. will see if there will be enough spac for this in each legend...
Jippd wrote:explain the capitals are not part of the town bonus (are they part of the kraj bonus)?


no, capitals are not part of Kraj bonuses.

maybe I could delete highway between Praha and Benešov (the lie in the same Kraj so can assault each other without highway) and the same with highway between Bratislava and Trenčín.

waiting for opinions.

Oneyed
Last edited by Oneyed on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Jippd on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:10 pm

"On the 1st of January in 1993 the CSFR divided into two independent states, the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic"

Or

"On the 1st of January in 1993 the CSFR was forever divided into two independent states, the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic"

Or

"On January 1st, 1993 the CSFR was forever divided into two independent states, the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic"
User avatar
Brigadier Jippd
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Jippd on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Oneyed wrote:
Jippd wrote:Yes that looks much better.


thanks.
Jippd wrote:Small note but it should say On the 1st of whatever year not in the first of


what about: On the January 1, 1989.....

Jippd wrote:One should contain all the bonus possibilities..(the 2 kraj bonus' for CR/SR...the towns bonus...and the bonus' the two capitals give you)

The other box should explain:
what a kraj is
what a town is and what towns can/cannot attack
what highways do


I thought about this. will see if there will be enough spac for this in each legend...
Jippd wrote:explain the capitals are not part of the town bonus (are they part of the kraj bonus)?


no, capitals are not part of Kraj bonuses.

maybe I could delete highway between Praha and Benešov (the lie in the same Kraj so can assault each other without highway) and the same with highway between Bratislava and Trenčín.

waiting for opinions.

Oneyed


You already have two legends including all the information I listed. Problem is it is just in there but not organized/categorized. So you can do it just need to move some from here to there.

As far as the explanation for the capital then I would say Capitals are not part of any Kraj or Town Bonus instead of that they are not part of towns bonus
User avatar
Brigadier Jippd
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Oneyed on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:47 pm

what about this?

Click image to enlarge.
image


Oneyed
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Jippd on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:42 am

Just minor notes but bottom left box:

Would put:

+4 for every 2 Kraj in the Czech Republic (CR)
+2 for each Kraj in the Slovak Republic (SR)
+1 for every 3 towns
Praha - Doubles the town bonus for towns in the CR
-1 for every Kraj in the SR
Bratislava - Doubles the town bonus for towns in the SR
-2 for every Kraj in the CR


Also try to make sure the lines are evenly space in the boxes. Looks like they are not are they separate text boxes you are dragging and dropping? Maybe it would be better to make it all in one text box so it evenly spaces.




I also think you should add a "the" after "independent states" in the bottom right map note. So it reads:

On January 1st, 1993 the SCFR was divided into two independent states, the Czech Republic and Slovak Republic



For the top right box:

Underneath the capitals change "is not part of Towns bonus and Kraj bonus"
to

"Not part of any town or Kraj bonus"

because I think it flows smoother.


just my .02

Otherwise looks good

One question on the town bonus...if I hold two towns in the CR and one in the SR does that qualify me for the +1 towns bonus or do they all need to be in the same are (3 in CR or 3 in SR)
Last edited by Jippd on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Brigadier Jippd
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Oneyed on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:20 am

Jippd wrote:Also try to make sure the lines are evenly space in the boxes. Looks like they are not are they separate text boxes you are dragging and dropping? Maybe it would be better to make it all in one text box so it evenly spaces.


ok. it is not possible to do text in one text box - too little space, but I will layout them better.
Jippd wrote:For the top right box:

Underneath the capitals change "is not part of Towns bonus and Kraj bonus"
to

"Not part of any town or Kraj bonus"

because I think it flows smoother.


hm, "Not part of any town or Kraj bonus" is not the true exactly. capitals double Towns bonus. so could be said that they are part of any bonus related to towns...?
Jippd wrote:just my .02


but with denomination of 200 dolars :D
Jippd wrote:One question on the town bonus...if I hold two towns in the CR and one in the SR does that qualify me for the +1 towns bonus or do they all need to be in the same are (3 in CR or 3 in SR)


if you hold 2 towns in Czech republic and 1 town in Slovak republic you will gain +1, if you hold Praha and 3 towns in Czech republic you will gain +2 (the same with Bratislava for Slovak republic).

I have also one question on you :) : what about deleting the highway between towns which are in the same Kraj - is highway here needed, because towns inside Kraj could assault each other...

Oneyed
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Oneyed on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:56 am

edited text a little, better deployed text.

Click image to enlarge.
image


Oneyed
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Jippd on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:10 am

I don't think the highway is needed but i think keeping the continuity would be more aesthetically pleasing then removing the highway.

How about changing it to
"Not part of Towns or Kraj Bonus"

Also maybe try shrinking the symbols in the key so they are a bit smaller then the symbol on the map it might be more aesthetically pleasing I think.

Gameplay question:

If I hold Kladno Tabor and Presov (Two CR one SR) I have a town bonus. But if I then take Praha I do not get the double town bonus since only two of my three towns are in CR right?

If so maybe better to describe the Capital bonus as:

Praha:
+1 for every 3 towns in the CR
-1 for every Kraj in the SR

Bratislava:
+1 for every 3 towns in the SR
-2 for every 2 Kraj's in the CR



Also this would be harder but would make the map cooler....just increase the size a little bit so it is not so cramped. Instead of putting the keys outlined with a box make a new image of another "map/wrinkled up paper with the text writing on it...then overlay it on top so it is the map on the bottom with two similar old looking papers on the top right and bottom left corner overlaying part of it with the keys but makes it look more authentic ( if that makes sense )


Another minor note but there are breaks between the territory borders on the interior of the map...can you draw these in to be a solid line instead of dashed in places? Unless you can carry the grid lines into the text boxes some how? Maybe that might make it look better to. Because as is the text boxes do not have the map "grid lines"

Also possibly defining the border between CR and SR might make the difference between the areas seem more important and may just make it more noticeable as well. Though I feel it is obvious already the map is about the one side vs the other, and as is it seems they are happy being one.
Last edited by Jippd on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
Brigadier Jippd
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Oneyed on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:15 am

Jippd wrote:I don't think the highway is needed but i think keeping the continuity would be more aesthetically pleasing then removing the highway.


we have the same opinion here :)
Jippd wrote:How about changing it to
"Not part of Towns or Kraj Bonus"


ok.
Jippd wrote:Also maybe try shrinking the symbols in the key so they are a bit smaller then the symbol on the map it might be more aesthetically pleasing I think.


ok.
Jippd wrote:Gameplay question:

If I hold Kladno Tabor and Presnov (Two CR one SR) I have a town bonus. But if I then take Praha I do not get the double town bonus since only two of my three towns are in CR right?


exactly :)
Jippd wrote:If so maybe better to describe the Capital bonus as:

Praha:
+1 for every 3 towns in the CR
-1 for every Kraj in the SR

Bratislava:
+1 for every 3 towns in the SR
-2 for every 2 Kraj in the CR


sounds good to me.

Oneyed
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Oneyed on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:32 am

Jippd wrote:Also this would be harder but would make the map cooler....just increase the size a little bit so it is not so cramped. Instead of putting the keys outlined with a box make a new image of another "map/wrinkled up paper with the text writing on it...then overlay it on top so it is the map on the bottom with two similar old looking papers on the top right and bottom left corner overlaying part of it with the keys but makes it look more authentic ( if that makes sense )


not bad idea, but when you look at the first post and to spoilers you can see what was the idea here. the map could be wall map, so therefore everything is on one background.
the size of map (playable area) was a little smaller in previous versions, but I think it is better to have playable area so big as is possible because symbols, text, numbers...
Jippd wrote:Another minor note but there are breaks between the territory borders on the interior of the map...can you draw these in to be a solid line instead of dashed in places?


the borders between regions are dashed to make them different of state border.
Jippd wrote:Unless you can carry the grid lines into the text boxes some how? Maybe that might make it look better to. Because as is the text boxes do not have the map "grid lines"


the text boxes are map legends. map legends do not have "grid lines".
one time see is better as hundreds time hear, so this was the first idea and base for map:
Click image to enlarge.
image


Oneyed
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby natty dread on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:48 am

I think you should try some different layer modes for the grid lines. Maybe grain merge or something.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:32 am

Why did you take out Beroun and put in Benesov in its place?

:(
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 11141
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:19 am

In terms of legend text, going with a color that is softer (more blackish-grayish) might make it look like the text is a part of the overall map, and not something digitally typed onto.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25527
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - another background, lets choose

Postby Oneyed on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Why did you take out Beroun and put in Benesov in its place?

:(


sorry for that, but there is Benesov in reality. I do not know how to do it real and also that you will be happy #-o
AndyDufresne wrote:In terms of legend text, going with a color that is softer (more blackish-grayish) might make it look like the text is a part of the overall map, and not something digitally typed onto.


--Andy


thanks for input Andy. this is great that you are here :) . here is new version, I hope you will like it more...

totaly new version. now I believe that players will have realy feeling that they look at MAP.
Click image to enlarge.
image


Oneyed
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - totaly new REAL MAP

Postby natty dread on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:44 pm

The map features are a nice touch, however the background still looks blurry for some reason...
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - totaly new REAL MAP

Postby Jippd on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Looks good. But why is Towns capitalized someplaces and not others. I only think you should capitalize it if it is a proper noun (person, place or thing) same with Kraj. If Kraj is a foreign word for town it should only be capitalized at the start of the sentence.


Also "+2 for each 2 Kraj'"sounds funny. Probably just translation issues but "+2 for every 2 Kraj's" sounds better IMO.
User avatar
Brigadier Jippd
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - totaly new REAL MAP

Postby Oneyed on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 pm

natty, I can not find good texture. do you know any magic how to do this texture less blurry? or no blurry?


Jippd wrote:Looks good.


thanks. better as previous version? I want to go with this newest version...
Jippd wrote:But why is Towns capitalized someplaces and not others. I only think you should capitalize it if it is a proper noun (person, place or thing) same with Kraj.


there is no more things which would be capitalized. except Kraj. or?
Jippd wrote:If Kraj is a foreign word for town it should only be capitalized at the start of the sentence.


Kraj is name for region (something as County).
Jippd wrote:Also "+2 for each 2 Kraj'"sounds funny. Probably just translation issues but "+2 for every 2 Kraj's" sounds better IMO.


I was a little afraid how Krajs will sounds. it is not english word, therefore I did not it capitalized...

Oneyed
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - totaly new REAL MAP

Postby natty dread on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Oneyed wrote:natty, I can not find good texture. do you know any magic how to do this texture less blurry? or no blurry?



Magicks? Well, you could start by sacrificing a goat... ;)

I don't know if you should try to fix it though. It'd be better to find a new one that's sharper, there's lots of free textures online... try googling for "free paper textures", just make sure the site you download from allows use of their textures for all purposes.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - totaly new REAL MAP

Postby Oneyed on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:44 pm

natty dread wrote:Magicks? Well, you could start by sacrificing a goat... ;)


did not help lol...

new background, text edits and added grid lines
Click image to enlarge.
image


Oneyed
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - totaly new REAL MAP

Postby tokle on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Oneyed wrote:
Jippd wrote:If Kraj is a foreign word for town it should only be capitalized at the start of the sentence.


Kraj is name for region (something as County).
Jippd wrote:Also "+2 for each 2 Kraj'"sounds funny. Probably just translation issues but "+2 for every 2 Kraj's" sounds better IMO.


I was a little afraid how Krajs will sounds. it is not english word, therefore I did not it capitalized...

Oneyed

Neither town nor kraj should be capitalized, unless the word is at the beginning of a sentence.

The Slovak plural for "kraj" is "kraje", am I right? You could use that. Using the English pluralisation on a foreign word looks wrong to me.
User avatar
Colonel tokle
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:11 am
Medals: 156
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (46) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (2)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - totaly new REAL MAP

Postby chapcrap on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:39 pm

The words in the two keys are difficult to read because of the map background behind them.

Also, it would be a nice touch to add the longitude/latitude numbers to the background.
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - totaly new REAL MAP

Postby tokle on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:03 pm

chapcrap wrote:The words in the two keys are difficult to read because of the map background behind them.

Also, it would be a nice touch to add the longitude/latitude numbers to the background.

You could add some kind of outline, glow or shadow to the letters. That would make them easier to read.
User avatar
Colonel tokle
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:11 am
Medals: 156
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (46) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (2)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - totaly new REAL MAP

Postby Flapcake on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:20 pm

I like it.

comment more later ;)
User avatar
Private 1st Class Flapcake
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:22 am
Location: beyond the unknown
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (3)

Re: Fragmentation of CSFR - totaly new REAL MAP

Postby Oneyed on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:53 pm

new version with another background, some graphic changes, added longitude and latitude numbers, changed plural of Kraj from Krajs to Kraje (which is correct in Slovak and in Czech languages).

about difficult reading of names, is it realy so bad? if yes I can add more opacity to names, but any outer glow or shadows will not fit with map style, I think...

thanks to everybody for inputs, comments and help. looking forward to next ones :)

Click image to enlarge.
image


Oneyed
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login