I think this is it for changes in mechanics.
Probably need one more look at graphics though as the specials can be spaced out a little better yet.
We don't need every special to be 100% balanced. Players will figure out what kingdom/special combos are a bit more overpowered and will take steps to control or eliminate those players before they get out of control. And the forbidden lands can be used to clear the game of bonuses. Leaving you with non favored/non adjacent and that's not fantastic basically changing the board for a person who has lost their kingdom and special to that of the standard 1/3 game mechanic. Overall I see the game as being a mass of chaos but providing players with a unique play experience every game.
v0.2.6 - Changes
* Added note that all bonuses are cumulative
* changed barbarians to get +1 for every 2 territories not favored and not adjacent to favored (+7 max)
* removed a bonus from barbarians
* changed horde to decay 1 (from auto 2)
* changed demons to auto 1 (from 3)
* changed demons to +1 per demons territory down from +2
* fanatics total bonus now +6 down from +8
* all bonuses brought in line with cumulative structure
If you held all 4 favored territories, 3 adjacent and 6 (non adjacent/non favored) you would have a bonus of +13 (8+3+2)
If you were also "undead" and held 2 territories with Crypts you would get an additional +4
Barbarians are now more in line with their original design and I was able to get "decay" back on the map.