[Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - Proposed Changes (3/14/14)

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - XML Uploaded 10/22

Postby DearCyrus on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:34 am

So, quads once its up? ;)
Private 1st Class DearCyrus

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Gilligan on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14 am

I'll look this over soon. This one and Spanish Armada will probably take me a while, they're both intense.
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 190
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (3)

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:41 am

Gilligan wrote:I'll look this over soon. This one and Spanish Armada will probably take me a while, they're both intense.

No Problem.

These are some massive changes so I expect it will take some time. It took me about 7 hours just to make the changes.

Now I need to go work on Homeworlds and Q*onqr

=D13=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

I'm heading off on a weekend getaway with my wife, so I will be playing CC and reading message boards via my iPad or iPhone, if I even have AT&T coverage at Lake Chelan. I won't be able to edit xml till late Sunday at the earliest. In any case we have 4 active games still playing.

=D13=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby DearCyrus on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Have a good time! I know what its like to be stuck to phone while vacationing...

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:37 am

And just to prove the point that games Waiting for Players will cause unnecessary beta-delay:

Game 13424434

BigWham himself !!!!!!!!!!
Captain Teflon Kris

Medals: 170
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (8)

Postby Gilligan on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:53 am

Teflon Kris wrote:And just to prove the point that games Waiting for Players will cause unnecessary beta-delay:

Game 13424434

That was probably created before the map got closed...
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (3)

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:13 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Teflon Kris wrote:And just to prove the point that games Waiting for Players will cause unnecessary beta-delay:

Game 13424434

That was probably created before the map got closed...

Yes, but the cheeky so-and-so should know of the request (see above) for waiting games to be deleted on closed Beta maps and is making us all wait weeks instead !!
Captain Teflon Kris

Medals: 170
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (8)

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Shouldn't the admins just be able to delete the waiting games?

In any case we are down to 3 active.

=D13=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby Gilligan on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:22 pm

dolomite13 wrote:Shouldn't the admins just be able to delete the waiting games?

=D13=

Waiting games are gone and active games have a 30 round limit.

I should have this checked within a few days, but it doesn't seem like we're in any sort of rush as we have to wait for the games anyway.
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:55 am

Gilligan wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:Shouldn't the admins just be able to delete the waiting games?

=D13=

Waiting games are gone and active games have a 30 round limit.

I should have this checked within a few days, but it doesn't seem like we're in any sort of rush as we have to wait for the games anyway.

Awesome =)

=D13=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:09 pm

I have to say that I am not one of those people that is never quite satisfied with my work. I always feel like I can improve it and sometimes have a tough time saying something is done. However, last evening I sat back in my chair with a plate of artisan cheese and meats while I sipped on glass of wine and relaxed while I looked at this map. And I have to say I am completely satisfied with the upcoming changes.

I will be very interested to see how the changes with the ability to choose your starting territory will effect the start of the game. Will players opt for the middle going for the quick route to the forbidden lands? will they stack on their kingdom for a few rounds while they decide which favored territory they should claim as their foothold? Will the added icons to the map balance the special feature bonuses and make those bonuses more attractive? will the changes in neutral starting troops make expansion easier? Will the changes make eliminating someone too slow simply prolonging the inevitable? or will they give players a chance to make a comeback?

Nuclear games will be interesting in that you can loose your kingdom leaving only your 1/3 basic land bonus and make you vulnerable to elimination. But at least you can't get nuked out of the game as easily. And although the bonuses are greater to combat no spoils games that take forever it will be interesting to see if the bonuses and possibility of team game stacking are offset by the greater troops on the forbidden lands.

I can hardy wait to find out!

The Cosmic Yeti are coming for you! :shock:

=D13=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby DearCyrus on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:41 pm

You enthusiasm is contagious! :D:D

Postby Gilligan on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Alrighty dolomite,

We don't need the individualized barbarian bonuses with the new working

<continent>
<name>Wizard - 2 Blood Tower Territories</name>
<bonus>0</bonus>
<components>
<territory type="mandatory">V4 - Mines</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">F2 - Crypts</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">P2 - Crypts</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">M2 - Caverns</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">S2 - Minions</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">T2 - Radiation</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">J2 - Crypts</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">D4 - Caverns</territory>
</components>
<required>2</required>
</continent>

this and the blood tower bonuses are unholdable as there are 9 mandatories. might as well remove the required tag in that point. I think you just need to remove it. Same with blood water bonuses taht immediately follow.
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:38 am

Gilligan wrote:We don't need the individualized barbarian bonuses with the new working

We still need these... to trigger the barbarian conditional borders for favored territories to horde.. and the required there shouldn't hurt anything should it? I think this is how it was in the previous xml.

<continent>
<name>Treefolk - Barbarians</name>
<bonus>0</bonus>
<components>
<territory type="mandatory">Treefolk</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">Barbarians</territory>
</components>
<required>2</required>
</continent>

<territory>
<name>F1 - Caverns</name>
<borders>
<border>P3</border>
<border>P3</border>
<border condition="Dwellers">T4 - Caverns</border>
<border condition="Dwellers">M2 - Caverns</border>
<border condition="Dwellers">D4 - Caverns</border>
<border condition="Treefolk">M4 - Minions</border>
<border condition="Treefolk - Barbarians">Horde</border>
</borders>
<coordinates>
<smallx>110</smallx>
<smally>161</smally>
<largex>148</largex>
<largey>207</largey>
</coordinates>
<neutral>3</neutral>
</territory>

Gilligan wrote:<continent>
<bonus>0</bonus>
<components>
<territory type="mandatory">V4 - Mines</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">F2 - Crypts</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">P2 - Crypts</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">M2 - Caverns</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">J2 - Crypts</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">D4 - Caverns</territory>
</components>
<required>2</required>
</continent>

this and the blood tower bonuses are unholdable as there are 9 mandatories. might as well remove the required tag in that point. I think you just need to remove it. Same with blood water bonuses taht immediately follow.

You are correct it should have mandatory wizards and be 3 required and the current mandatory removed

<continent>
<bonus>0</bonus>
<components>
<territory>V4 - Mines</territory>
<territory>F2 - Crypts</territory>
<territory>P2 - Crypts</territory>
<territory>M2 - Caverns</territory>
<territory>S2 - Minions</territory>
<territory>T2 - Radiation</territory>
<territory>J2 - Crypts</territory>
<territory>D4 - Caverns</territory>
<territory type="mandatory">Wizards</territory>
</components>
<required>3</required>
</continent>

the mandatory settings can be removed from the blood tower territories too

<continent>
<name>Blood Tower 3</name>
<bonus>0</bonus>
<components>
</components>
<required>1</required>
</continent>

Here is the updated xml
KKFinal303a.xml
(74.1 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

=D13=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps