[Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - Proposed Changes (7/3/14)

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms - Proposed Changes (7/3/14)

Postby Fuchsia tude on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Feature arrangements look pretty good. There are still uneven borders between the top- and bottom-most territories (damaged when you closed up the chasms, I believe); it would be nice to go over them again with a uniform-width black line with white drop shadow.

I think I'd say "Territories may bombard seas adjacent to them" in the key; now that [coastline] provides no bonus, the terms "Coastline" (instead of "adjacent to sea") won't appear in the XML anyway. (If they ever do come back, it might be good to print that in the key, though. Hmm.)

Also plains, mountains, tundra, and swamps have two favored territories on either side of one lake and one bordering another lake; desert and volcano have one between two lakes and two others bordering the other two; but forest and jungle only border two each. That could make for very different worth of the Aquatic feature, depending on what Kingdom you roll. Maybe J4 & D2, and F4 & V2, should be swapped?
Sergeant 1st Class Fuchsia tude

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby DearCyrus on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:03 pm

on Game 14665737, I am holding 2 cosmic , but it is not letting me assault the other cosmic territories. Bug, or has there been a change not reflected in the key? I have been gone for a while and haven't kept up with the times... I see some cool things in the work for this map, but that shouldn't effect my current game. just thought you would want to know.

Congrats on Your Blue BTW, D13. I think You wear it well. ;)
Corporal DearCyrus

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Fuchsia tude on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:00 pm

DearCyrus wrote:on Game 14665737, I am holding 2 cosmic , but it is not letting me assault the other cosmic territories. Bug, or has there been a change not reflected in the key? I have been gone for a while and haven't kept up with the times... I see some cool things in the work for this map, but that shouldn't effect my current game. just thought you would want to know.

Congrats on Your Blue BTW, D13. I think You wear it well. ;)

It's a bug. A new XML is in the works.
Sergeant 1st Class Fuchsia tude

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:44 pm

I submitted a fix about 6 months ago for many of the problems still plaguing the map and it somehow slipped through the cracks.

I should have the new map image and new XML to send to testing in a few days.

Sorry for the delay. I have been away from CC for the past few months due to personal issues.

=D13=
Cook dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (4)

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:16 pm

My full time job and several "for profit" evening/weekend project have kept me too busy to be able to devote any time to the new xml for the new map or to do any work on any other map.

I will have time again starting in a few weeks (I hope) However if any of the foundry regulars (who know xml realy well) want to do the new XML please contact me. I can certainly compensate someone for their time.

Sorry for my absence... I will return ... I promise.

=d13=
Cook dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (4)

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:10 pm

That makes me a sad panda.
Mark Yakich wrote:6. If you don’t know a word, look it up or die.
Captain DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator

Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Postby SiriusCowKing on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:39 pm

Treefolks with Dwellers power capture F1 - player gets 4 next turn instead of 5.

The issue goes away when the player captures a 2nd cavern, he gets the +2 bonus for having 2 caverns.
Always be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a tree.
Major SiriusCowKing

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (11)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Vdreams on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:10 pm

13950268 anyone want to test it?
Sergeant 1st Class Vdreams

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Vdreams on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:50 pm

in 13950268 the nukes are on! does that mean special abilities can be permanently lost?
Sergeant 1st Class Vdreams

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Donelladan on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:07 am

yes if you are lucky with the nuke
Click image to enlarge.
Major Donelladan

Medals: 94
Monthly Leader Silver (2) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (14) Challenge Achievement (4)

Previous

Return to Beta Maps