Conquer Club

Map-Making Q&A

How to make a map. Official Handbook, Guides, Tutorials and more...

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Map-Making Q&A

Postby Telvannia on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:11 am

It was going to suggest splitting it but then i reread and saw you did that anyway. But maybe instead of having a file for each icon and add them to the map one by one, make a file that is the same size as the map image and place all the icons in their correct places on that, then you save that as a png whenever you make a change and when you add it to your map you dont have to place the icons everytime.
Although im not too familiar with photoshop method so there might be a better way to do it. But that is the best i can think off.

Or you could just not edit your icons again.
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby gimil on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:27 am

Download CCleaner.

http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

This tool can be used to clean out your computer and give it back a bit of performance. There are two tools this program uses. The first is the cleaner, which look through your computers caches, internet history etc and gets rid of files that are just junk. I have gotten up to 8GB of junk off a friends computer and that clawed back a good it of performance.

The second tool clears out your computers registry (probably where you are having problems DiM).

Give it a try and let me know if it claws back some performance.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:11 am

gimil wrote:The second tool clears out your computers registry (probably where you are having problems DiM).

my laptop is in tip top shape. constant removal of temp files, deletion of unused registry entries, defragmentation, minimal applications installed, etc.
the reason its performance is kinda low is that it's very old. it's a 2.2ghz t7500 core 2 duo, with 2gb ram and a 512mb geforce 9500mgs bought 4.5 years ago.
back then it was a really good laptop. right now it's somewhere in the low-budget area.
unfortunately just because i can't work with big map psd files is not a sufficient enough reason to change it since anything else works perfectly.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 am

DiM wrote:
gimil wrote:The second tool clears out your computers registry (probably where you are having problems DiM).

my laptop is in tip top shape. constant removal of temp files, deletion of unused registry entries, defragmentation, minimal applications installed, etc.
the reason its performance is kinda low is that it's very old. it's a 2.2ghz t7500 core 2 duo, with 2gb ram and a 512mb geforce 9500mgs bought 4.5 years ago.
back then it was a really good laptop. right now it's somewhere in the low-budget area.
unfortunately just because i can't work with big map psd files is not a sufficient enough reason to change it since anything else works perfectly.

Well you may just have to accept the the limitations of your technology :(
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Previous

Return to Tools & Guides