Conquer Club

Sacred Vows of Silence 1800+ [Winner = fairman]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Sacred Vows of Silence 1800+ [Round One]

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:16 pm

RobbieDub wrote:I kinda miss the little CC formalities from these games. It is crucial but it is interesting that I miss it.
So to all of my opponents:
Hi and have fun!
gg

You too sir! I feel the same way! I shall be polite and say good luck to you as well ;)

Also, When can we expect to see the standings? Will you wait until its over to post them? or can we see currents?
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Colonel Swimmerdude99

Postby perchorin on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:32 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:
RobbieDub wrote:I kinda miss the little CC formalities from these games. It is crucial but it is interesting that I miss it.
So to all of my opponents:
Hi and have fun!
gg

You too sir! I feel the same way! I shall be polite and say good luck to you as well ;)

Also, When can we expect to see the standings? Will you wait until its over to post them? or can we see currents?

I've also felt odd or even rude not saying the little things, but on the other hand I've enjoyed these games tremendously more than usual simply due to the fact that I can play however I want without worrying someone's going to get aggro because they don't agree with a move I've made. It's such a relaxing change of pace!

As for standings, I know I said I'd try to do something this week but upon further reflection I think I'm only going to update the standings after each map cycle is done, or in other words three times per round. When most of the games on each groups first maps are over (I expect that to be by the start of next week) I'll make a scoreboard before I send the next map in your group out. There are just too damn many games to look at to do it any more frequently than that.
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby perchorin on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:20 pm

Western Group standings are up on the first page. Eastern and Central Group standings are tabulated and wil be posted sometime after I eat lunch.
Major perchorin

Postby perchorin on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 am

Ok, all group standings have now been posted on page one. Let's look at some highlights from the first third of group play!

Western Group Highlights:
This group so far appears to be the widest open of the three with no single player taking a commanding lead. After being the first player to win a game in our tourney, fairman has been kept off the board since then. We should note however that of the seven remaining games in this group, he is involved in all of them so that fact is sure to change. This group is the only one in which all members kept to the strict code of silence, so let's give them a very quiet hand for that!

Eastern Group Highlights:
This group has been all swimmerdude99 all the time! The "mouth of the south" not only has a commanding lead in the wins department, but must be feeling so confident he even broke his vow of silence to wish his desperate competitors a 'good luck'. We'll be watching him expectantly both to see if he can add to his win total and to see what slips out of his mouth next! On the other end of the spectrum, harvmax has yet to put any points on the board. Hang in there buddy--there are still two more maps to go and Hong Kong can be a cruel mistress!

Central Group Highlights
This group seems to have coalesced into clear front, middle, and back runners. Muzzel and neanderpaul14 both lead the way with 5 wins a piece while Vaicius and myself are a bit behind with 3 wins each. nibotha has a single win but gave everyone a chuckle when he wished us all a 'have fun' and machrs hasn't won a game yet but is still looking strong by finishing second in an amazing 8 out of 10 games he's played! Could he be on his way to winning this tournament without actually winning a single game? Time will tell so stay tuned folks (silently of course)!

The next maps for each group will be sent out later this week. Good luck in all remaining games!
Major perchorin

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:28 am

perchorin wrote:This group has been all swimmerdude99 all the time! The "mouth of the south" not only has a commanding lead in the wins department, but must be feeling so confident he even broke his vow of silence to wish his desperate competitors a 'good luck'.

:roll:

........................ :-$
Colonel Swimmerdude99

Postby perchorin on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:10 am

Muzzel has apparently gone MIA from CC. Anyone know what happened to him? I plan on sending the next batch of games out in the next few days, if I haven't heard from him before then I'll be plugging a reserve in his place.
Major perchorin

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:50 am

Ok, count me among the brethren, please...
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby perchorin on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Ok, count me among the brethren, please...

Thanks Duk! You'll replace Muzzell in the Central Group. Only three games remaining in the first batch of round one maps. Standings are updated on page one. Be on the lookout for your next set of ten games on map number two!
Major perchorin

Postby perchorin on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:46 am

All games on the first map in Central and Eastern groups are now complete. There are still 2 ongoing games from the first set in the Western group. Regardless, all games on the second map for all groups have now been sent out. Good luck and remember to be quiet--at least six players have already used their free pass so their next slip of the tongue will cost them a tourney point!
Major perchorin

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:26 am

I guess I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize I'd get all 10 at once.

Could I appeal to everyone in my group to play a bit slower, at least for the next couple days? I'm working 3 X 16 hours again this week, and having to take a turn in every game every day is killing my sleep time. If everyone would wait at least 12 hours to take their turn then I'd only have to take all my turns every second day, and life would be much easier...:-)
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby RobbieDub on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Ok this play deserves a comment but I can't make it in game chat and I'm not sure if it can go on MoB Deadly's wall so here is where it will stand. In Game 9851411 Round 17 I can't believe how bad MoB's dice were. It looks like 12 vs 1 and he only just barely took it. CRAZY!
Highest Rank Colonel with 2932
Captain RobbieDub

Postby perchorin on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:05 am

RobbieDub wrote:Ok this play deserves a comment but I can't make it in game chat and I'm not sure if it can go on MoB Deadly's wall so here is where it will stand. In Game 9851411 Round 17 I can't believe how bad MoB's dice were. It looks like 12 vs 1 and he only just barely took it. CRAZY!

man I wish that would be hard for me to believe--looks like he came out alright in the end though.
Major perchorin

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:57 pm

If people are going to deliberately run out of time to avoid taking a card, I'll start using that tactic too. I've been playing like a gentleman; I've had to nuke myself quite a few times already, but what's fair for one is fair for all.
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby RobbieDub on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:19 am

perchorin wrote:
RobbieDub wrote:Ok this play deserves a comment but I can't make it in game chat and I'm not sure if it can go on MoB Deadly's wall so here is where it will stand. In Game 9851411 Round 17 I can't believe how bad MoB's dice were. It looks like 12 vs 1 and he only just barely took it. CRAZY!

man I wish that would be hard for me to believe--looks like he came out alright in the end though.

Yeah he had the game and it was a good place to have a dice fail like that but still I would have been swearing bloody murder
Captain RobbieDub

Postby perchorin on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:10 am

Dukasaur wrote:If people are going to deliberately run out of time to avoid taking a card, I'll start using that tactic too. I've been playing like a gentleman; I've had to nuke myself quite a few times already, but what's fair for one is fair for all.

It's a cheap tactic for sure Duk and I would never use it. Part of the strategy and hence part of the fun for me in nuke games is managing your nukes. That being said it's not against the rules so not much we can do about it. I have yet to see the tactic employed once in any of my games so far though! Also, it's not such a good tactic in a chained/adjacent forts game as you lose your ability to fort, though of course sometimes that's irrelevant especially late in the game when nobody has any stacks left anyway. Hope you're enjoying the tourney anyway Duk--rise above brother!

On an unrelated note, I'm currently in the midst of moving to a new home so I'm without internet for at least a few days. Sorry for any inconvenciences this has/may have caused.
Major perchorin

Postby perchorin on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:33 pm

Sorry about the slow updates guys. My two days without internet turned into a week. I'll be updating the standings and sending out the third and final set of first round games later this coming week though for sure!
Major perchorin

Postby perchorin on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Standings are finally updated...on a piece of paper in front of me. I've gotta go to lunch and teach a couple of hours of class after that, but the standings for all groups will be fully updated today!
Major perchorin

Postby perchorin on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:47 am

Finally! All standings for all groups have been updated in the second post. Once again I am SO sorry it took me so long to do that, it's just been one of those super hectic real life periods for me lately. The third and final batch of first round games will be sent out within the next 48 hours for reals!
Major perchorin

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:20 am

Dang, both the eastern and western groups are looking close, it is still anybodies game, Good luck in round 3 everyone!
Colonel Swimmerdude99

Postby contreras.ale on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Indeed! It's been bloody fierce on the Western group.... We'll see how we do on the final set of games.
Private 1st Class contreras.ale

Postby perchorin on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:14 pm

All games in all groups are out, good luck guys!
Major perchorin

Postby perchorin on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:13 am

Man oh man Ireland has not been good to me...looks like I may be reduced to just hosting once this round is over :cry:
Major perchorin

Postby RobbieDub on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:06 pm

From [Game]10068072 [/Game]
2011-11-21 12:00:00 - swimmerdude99: lol 2-8

I'm surprised you would waste a point to lament your bad dice. That's seems twice as painful now.
Captain RobbieDub

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:32 pm

I just realized I messed up, not thinking about what game it was, turning myself in on this one.
Colonel Swimmerdude99

Postby perchorin on Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:29 am

RobbieDub wrote:From Game 10068072
2011-11-21 12:00:00 - swimmerdude99: lol 2-8

I'm surprised you would waste a point to lament your bad dice. That's seems twice as painful now.

Perhaps thrice as painful--that loss of a point puts swimmerdude currently in a tie for the second playoff spot from the Eastern Group. Chin up dude, everyone makes mistakes!

The good news is new standings are up for Western and Eastern Groups. I don't have time to do the Central Group update today and at any rate they're several games off the pace of the other two but those also will be coming soon. Looks like we're going to have some really exciting finishes to group stage play. Also Erland--DAMN! He has absolutely crushed Indochina to come roaring back from the bottom of the table to the top!
Major perchorin

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2012