Conquer Club

TLO 2012 IV [Winners: Harem Kings]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: TLO 2012 IV [Round 13]

Postby Foxglove on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:51 pm

L M S wrote:You mean josko didn't wall everybody that was about to miss? Only the team against us?
I see.
How thoughtful.
*cough

:roll:
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Gilligan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:29 pm

L M S wrote:You mean josko didn't wall everybody that was about to miss? Only the team against us?
I see.
How thoughtful.
*cough

He brings a fair point. But nothing can be done about that.
Captain Gilligan

Postby josko.ri on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:34 am

I see.
How thoughtful.
*cough

Pretty low blow from You LMS. I am checking games which are my field of interest. why I would check games of #14v#15 clan when it is not under my field of interest?

as another note, I saw you also follows wall of your opponents (how else you would know that I had walled them), but I didnt see you warned them that they are about to miss joining. isnt that pretty low blow from you?

I am not like you, I warned players to join even when they were opponents of my own team (ask hyposquasher if he remember my warning when they played against us). only in round 12 I didnt warn my opponents, but it was because hotfire had been scheduled to play, and he was freemium with more than 4 active games, so warning him would not help at all. if more players care for CC like I care, this would be place for a lot more fun than it is now.
Major josko.ri

Postby Dako on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:14 am

Oh, so he did hit the nail after all. Now I know how to pick on josko ^^.
Colonel Dako

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:13 am

It was our team (Memento Mori). I've received an unusually high number of PM's the past week, and somehow must have overlooked Lindax's. Our matchup was against TebowJets though, so I highly doubt it will have an impact on the final standings as both teams are pretty much out of it. It certainly wasn't intended to be a "slap in the face" as Lindax suggested via PM though.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby L M S on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:44 am

josko.ri wrote:
I see.
How thoughtful.
*cough

Pretty low blow from You LMS. I am checking games which are my field of interest. why I would check games of #14v#15 clan when it is not under my field of interest?

as another note, I saw you also follows wall of your opponents (how else you would know that I had walled them), but I didnt see you warned them that they are about to miss joining. isnt that pretty low blow from you?

I am not like you, I warned players to join even when they were opponents of my own team (ask hyposquasher if he remember my warning when they played against us). only in round 12 I didnt warn my opponents, but it was because hotfire had been scheduled to play, and he was freemium with more than 4 active games, so warning him would not help at all. if more players care for CC like I care, this would be place for a lot more fun than it is now.

Blow it out your ass, dude.
And you can go ahead and stop the 'I care for CC' byline.
I don't buy your good samaritan act, at all, josko. If you really cared about the integrity of the tournament you would have championed this quest all the way through, for every team.
Josko does whats in the best interest of josko...and always has.
period.
And no, you are not like me...I don't have a God complex.

Your insinuation that I do not want to play the games is ridiculous and the 'lowest blow' of all. It isn't my responsibility to babysit players on CC, I have more important things to do than that. If you cannot be bothered to join your games or your team captain cannot be bothered to keep tabs on the team, then that is on you. It is clear you have the time to make sure that your "interests" are covered though, even if it means sticking your nose in.
If your team were in 5th place , would you still 'care for CC' as much as you do or would this place not be as 'fun' as it is now?
(excluding round 12 of course, where warning your opponents would not help you care for CC at all)
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby josko.ri on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 am

L M S wrote:Your insinuation that I do not want to play the games is ridiculous and the 'lowest blow' of all. It isn't my responsibility to babysit players on CC, I have more important things to do than that. If you cannot be bothered to join your games or your team captain cannot be bothered to keep tabs on the team, then that is on you.

Probably you would be the happiest that CC just gift you wins and titles, as you check your opponent's walls but do nothing to warn them about missing to join? some people are low time on CC, they maybe dont care too much, so it can happen they forget to join. or maybe someone has sitter who has no clue about TLO way of joining and maybe dont read pm's. do you suggest it is the best to leave that up to them and win games by not playing it?

L M S wrote:It is clear you have the time to make sure that your "interests" are covered though, even if it means sticking your nose in.

Chek my posts in CL4/CC3 threads or any thread that I was more involved in. you will see many times my warning about turn mising or something like that to my opponents. because I like to play, not winning by opponent's misses. how it is my interest that my opponents do not mis turns?

L M S wrote:If your team were in 5th place , would you still 'care for CC' as much as you do or would this place not be as 'fun' as it is now?
(excluding round 12 of course, where warning your opponents would not help you care for CC at all)

if I notice someone is about to miss deadline for joining, I would wall him, no matter is he 5th or 1st or 15th place.
see wall of Hyposquasher from July 4th. I warned him to join TLO game vs Team Sweden. on that time Agents had 4/1 score and Team Sweden were already lost too much. how it was in my interest to warn him to join? my interest was that his team loose vs Team Sweden as they were our direct opponents at that time, wasnt it? so you see, you do not know what you are speaking about when accusing me for "care only about my interest". Relax a little, life is simple ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby L M S on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am

Haha, there are so many holes in your argument, josko, that I hardly know where to begin (or end).

If you can point out to me where I have asked for any type of consideration for this round, due to your intervention, then you will have some solid ground to stand upon. By suggesting I'd rather be gifted points to win this tournament, your a insulting me and my team beyond reproach.

We do not, have never, and will never need to rely on a technicality to win a high profile tournament on CC...just sayin.

I simply made an observation then ended. You are the one who has come in here to so vehemently deny any impropriety on your part (to an accusation that never existed). No where have you broken the written rules josko, you're good at that.

I don't see any walls to Momento Mori team buddy...so there goes that argument.

I'll let you decide:
Either I was going to his wall to let him know he was about to miss -or- I didn't give a shit and wanted him to miss so we could win the tourney on a technicality -or- someone else pointed out to me that you so generously reminded him to make sure and join his games so the only team on the TLO that can beat yours doesn't get free points -or- I like to be in everyone's business because I am the official CC Babysitter -or- I am overwhelmingly concerned about the integrity of this tournament and how much fun CC is for everyone (except for the teams that don't matter in the standings, naturally).

Cheers and I hope yours wins the TLO.
*L M S

p.s. All this turn missing would be avoided if the TO sent game invites to players, rather than pm's. I know its a pain in the ass but, all the misses are a worse one. People's inboxes are overwhelmed as it is, the invite system is the way to fix it.
Last edited by L M S on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:01 am

Either I was going to his wall to let him know he was about to miss -or- I didn't give a shit and wanted him to miss so we could win the tourney on a technicality -or- someone else pointed out to me that you so generously reminded him to make sure and join his games so the only team on the TLO that can beat yours doesn't get free points -or- I like to be in everyone's business because I am the official CC Babysitter -or- I am overwhelmingly concerned about the integrity of this tournament and how much fun CC is for everyone (except for the teams that don't matter in the standings, naturally).

This is good, very good.

My personal fave from josko recently is this one, posted on a topic that is none of his business (TOFU vs PACK) yet is evidently in favour of allowing PACK to play at full strength. Given that KORT would face the winner of TOFU/PACK does it come as any surprise?

It is not my job, and I will anyway take CC break after CL4 ends so I should not care, but it is very obvious that PACK guys have RL issues, not only their recent results are low, and also they hard catch any schedule and deadlines. not allowing them to reorganize a little in some short period would be very dissapointing to them. I think we as a clan world need to have as much as possible mutual understanding, or it may happen that people will start leave clan scene due to dissapointment of building clan rank and reputation for years and then screwing all that in only 1-2 months due to real life problems, which for sure is not motivating to continue be on clan scene. Finally this is only a game of fun, and we should allow the fun to everyone.

There's minding one's own business, and minding business. I think I know which camp someone belongs in.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Lindax on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:30 pm

L M S wrote:p.s. All this turn missing would be avoided if the TO sent game invites to players, rather than pm's. I know its a pain in the ass but, all the misses are a worse one. People's inboxes are overwhelmed as it is, the invite system is the way to fix it.

I resent these remarks.

1.- The TO has a name.

2.- The TO would have to send 600(!) invites per round!

3.- The TO has published the schedule and sends games out every 2 weeks. If a team of 4 to 6 players can't make sure they all join their games it is definitely not the TO's fault.

4.- The TO gets a lot of PMs too, but has never missed a tournament game.

5.- Maybe the TO should play everybody's games too, than you don't need to do anything at all when you join a tournament.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby L M S on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Lindax wrote:
L M S wrote:p.s. All this turn missing would be avoided if the TO sent game invites to players, rather than pm's. I know its a pain in the ass but, all the misses are a worse one. People's inboxes are overwhelmed as it is, the invite system is the way to fix it.

I resent these remarks.

1.- The TO has a name.

3.- The TO has published the schedule and sends games out every 2 weeks. If a team of 4 to 6 players can't make sure they all join their games it is definitely not the TO's fault.

5.- Maybe the TO should play everybody's games too, than you don't need to do anything at all when you join a tournament.

Lx

Sorry Lindax, didn't mean anything by it and in no way am I placing the blame for the misses on you. I know its a pain in the ass (I have run a couple tournaments where I ended up sending over 240 invites at once and it nearly drove me insane), I also know that you do a very good job and that the rules are VERY clear. I have never missed a game either, I check my pm's. I think your system is fine, the only way to foolproof it though is to use the invite system, unfortunate but true. I cannot fathom how people have missed so many games, honestly it blows my mind.
If you need help Lx, just say the word.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Lindax wrote:

I resent these remarks.

1.- The TO has a name.

Lx

I resent being accused of "slapping you in the face" after missing a batch of invites. Anybody who has ever run a tournament has had players bail on the tournament, miss invites, etc., but no TO that I've ever come across has acted so personally insulted when it happens to them. Wouldn't it be more prudent (and less dramatic) to send a reminder PM before deleting the games than to PM someone moments after the games have been deleted and accuse them of "slapping you in face"?
Captain nolefan5311

Postby L M S on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:53 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:I resent being accused of "slapping you in the face" after missing a batch of invites. Anybody who has ever run a tournament has had players bail on the tournament, miss invites, etc., but no TO that I've ever come across has acted so personally insulted when it happens to them. Wouldn't it be more prudent (and less dramatic) to send a reminder PM before deleting the games than to PM someone moments after the games have been deleted and accuse them of "slapping you in face"?

I nominate josko to police the joining of games, he already has experience.
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Foxglove on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:05 pm

L M S wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:I resent being accused of "slapping you in the face" after missing a batch of invites. Anybody who has ever run a tournament has had players bail on the tournament, miss invites, etc., but no TO that I've ever come across has acted so personally insulted when it happens to them. Wouldn't it be more prudent (and less dramatic) to send a reminder PM before deleting the games than to PM someone moments after the games have been deleted and accuse them of "slapping you in face"?

I nominate LMS to slap faces and make snarky comments, he already has experience.

Also, Lindax - this player appreciates all of the work put in by the TO to run this tournament (in which the rules have been very, very cleared defined). :)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Foxglove wrote:
L M S wrote:

I nominate LMS to slap faces and make snarky comments, he already has experience.

Also, Lindax - this player appreciates all of the work put in by the TO to run this tournament (in which the rules have been very, very cleared defined). :)

Nobody disputes that the rules have been very, very clearly defined. I just question the act of PM'ing someone and thanking them for the slap in the face after missing some games.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby L M S on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Foxglove wrote:

How's the pay?
I've been looking for one of those $250k/year middle class jobs I keep hearing about anyway....
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby josko.ri on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:32 pm

L M S wrote:If you can point out to me where I have asked for any type of consideration for this round, due to your intervention, then you will have some solid ground to stand upon. By suggesting I'd rather be gifted points to win this tournament, your a insulting me and my team beyond reproach.

With "You" I meant singular, not plural, so that has nothing to do with your team and has only to do with you. I may also say that you had insulted me by saying "Josko does whats in the best interest of josko...and always has. " so there goes one your insult for one my insult, which is fair deal.

L M S wrote:I don't see any walls to Momento Mori team buddy...so there goes that argument.

I was not searching TLO+"Game Status=Waiting for players". I was searching TLO+"Game Label=Harem"" so I did not know for other games missing joining. if I had known for it, I would notice MM players also.

Chariot of Fire wrote:Offtopic comment for TLO

CoF, if you have something to say about TLO issues, I will comment if I found your post interesting. but your post is about some other war that has nothing to do with TLO. if you want discussion about that comment, do it on appropiate place please.
Major josko.ri

Postby Master Fenrir on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:25 pm

josko.ri wrote:I was searching TLO+"Game Label=Harem"

I do similar searches using Google.
General Master Fenrir

Re: TLO 2012 IV [Update]

Postby Lindax on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 pm

-
The game rosters for Round 12 have been updated. There are still 9 games ongoing.

For the Schedule, Maps & Settings and other Round Info:
Click here

Lx

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby WPBRJ on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:46 pm

L M S wrote:Blow it out your ass, dude.
And you can go ahead and stop the 'I care for CC' byline.
I don't buy your good samaritan act, at all, josko. If you really cared about the integrity of the tournament you would have championed this quest all the way through, for every team.
Josko does whats in the best interest of josko...and always has.
period.
And no, you are not like me...I don't have a God complex.

Your insinuation that I do not want to play the games is ridiculous and the 'lowest blow' of all. It isn't my responsibility to babysit players on CC, I have more important things to do than that. If you cannot be bothered to join your games or your team captain cannot be bothered to keep tabs on the team, then that is on you. It is clear you have the time to make sure that your "interests" are covered though, even if it means sticking your nose in.
If your team were in 5th place , would you still 'care for CC' as much as you do or would this place not be as 'fun' as it is now?

well said LMS

Josko only cares about josko and his post after post after post trying to get people to be leave the non factual facts he is promoting
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby Lindax on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:55 pm

----
Extra Games 15 & 16 have been sent, please join them a.s.a.p.

Deadline for joining the games: Tuesday, October 16, 20:00 hrs. GMT

If there is a problem with joining a game, please let your Team Captain know (if possible, if not, contact me).

These are the last 2 Extra Games.

Click here

Have fun all!

Lx

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:17 pm

-
Round 10 is completed. The game rosters, results and standings have been updated.

Click here

For the Results & Standings: Click here

Lx

Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:20 pm

----
The game rosters for Round 14 have been posted, no changes will be allowed (unforeseen situations excluded, pending my discretion).

Round 14 will start October 21, coming Sunday.

Click here

Lx

Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Master Fenrir on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 am

I am leaving town shortly for a wedding. LMS & Deli will be covering my TLO turns.
General Master Fenrir

Postby Lindax on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:16 am

Master Fenrir wrote:I am leaving town shortly for a wedding. LMS & Deli will be covering my TLO turns.

Are you getting married? :mrgreen:

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2012