Conquer Club

TO; CTF War of the Triple Alliance [Winner: Tripitaka]

Tournaments completed in 2011.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [27 May

Postby anamainiacks on Fri May 27, 2011 9:08 am

Update

Round 11 winds down, and the dust settles with the score dead even at 37-37, after the Triple Alliance managed to pull off a stellar 4-0 run in Round 11.

Finally, Round 12 is on the way, and the score from this battle will determine which team moves on to the next round. It's going to be an exciting match. The Paraguayans has had greater consistency winning 5 rounds so far, while the Triple Alliance team managed to win 3 rounds, with the remaining 3 being tied. However, the Triple Alliance has trampled hard on the Paraguayans during 2 of those 3 rounds they won, with a score 6-2 in Round 6, and 4-0 in the latest round.

It's completely unsettled where the battle will go. If this ends in a tie, I'll work out the arrangements for a tiebreaker. It might probably be another round with all the players pitted against the other team, based on the number of flag captures of each player.

The only thing that's certain right now is that YUT from the Triple Alliance has won the Game Achievement Medal! Congratulations!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [9 Jun '

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Update

With 6 of the battles in Round 12 done, we're halfway through the round and it seems like the consistency of the Paraguayans will prevail. The score currently sits at 40v38, and unless the Triple Alliance can produce 2 wins from their remaining 3 battles in South America, they'll have lost the overall battle. Looking at the current state of those 3 battles, only 1 looks likely to possibly come out as a win, while the rest are at the losing end of the game.

As for the next phase of the tournament, Capturing Your Flag, this is how I will be running it.

The first post states that matchups will be assigned randomly. However, this may not be very fair, as it means that a player need not play against all other players in order to reach the summit. So, if a player somehow gets a series of weaker opponents, he'll have a quicker ascend to the top. Thus, I'll be asking the 12 players in the winning faction whether they prefer a random draw for each round, or a random starting draw, followed by a fixed order I can develop to ensure that all players play against each other.

Also, we had a huge problem with reserves in the previous phase. Thus, for the next phase, reserves will NOT be used at all. However, I will not be using players from the losing team as replacements either, as players with many flag captures indicate they have won many games on South America, giving them an unfair advantage; while a player with few flag captures may be deemed not deserving of the right to have the chance to win the tournament.

As such, when players leave the game and there are an odd number of players left, I will stand in as a neutral player. This means that winning against me allows one to ascend, while losing to me will have no effect. I will not be eligible to win the tournament. If another player leaves the tournament and there are an even number of players left, I will step out and gameplay will resume as per normal, with 1 less matchup than before.

Sorry if this sounds rather confusing now, but it'll be clear once things get started.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [12 Jun

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Update

With ubcman64 scoring a fourth flag capture for the Paraguayans, the Triple Alliance team lost all chance of forcing a tie. Tripitaka also prevented Karibdus from scoring another for the Triple Alliance, while Bigus_Dogus made a valiant last effort to get the last point that the Triple Alliance would earn, leaving the final score at 41v39 to the Paraguayans.

With that, Round 1 of the race to the top of the hill has begun. The vote for fixed or random matchups currently stands at 4-1-1, with 1 neutral vote being cast. The final decision will be announced once more time for voting has elapsed. Honestly, either way, I don't think it'll make that huge a difference, haha, but it's simple for me to execute so... (:

Good luck!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [21 Jun

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:27 am

Update

The first games of the race to the top of the hill are now complete. However, there still is a long way to the top, and it's still anyone's game! Round 2 games have been sent!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [9 Jul '

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:53 am

Update

Round 4 games have just been sent. Right now the playing field's still pretty even, with everyone having 1 or 2 flag captures. Nobody's lagging behind, and nobody's pulled in front just yet!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [20 Jul

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:10 am

Update

Only 1 game each from Round 4 and 5 outstanding, both of which seem to be going back and forth. Round 6 has just been sent out!

Still no player pulling away far above the others, but the group is slowly starting to separate out!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [5 Aug '

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:24 am

Update

Round 8 is just wrapping up, and Round 9 has been sent out. At the moment, Tripitaka is the frontrunner of the tournament, having hiked up 700 of a possible 800 metres of the hill. Close behind her is danalan at 600m, while the rest of the pack still has to work to catch up!

After we get to Round 11, the matchups will be repeating once again, except with a different order of meeting your opponents (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [11 Aug

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:06 am

Update

Darwins_Bane has left the tournament, and as such I'll be taking his place in subsequent games, unless another player leaves the tournament as well.

Wins over me will count as a point, though my wins won't count towards anything, as I'm not a competitor. Please don't steal too many CC points from me! :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [11 Aug

Postby ubcman64 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:37 pm

still waiting for jpdiggins to join out game
Founding Member of ++The Legion++
Major ubcman64

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [21 Aug

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:02 pm

Update

The first Round Robin phase is in its final stage in Round 11, as every player will have played every other player in the tournament at least once. At the end of Round 10, Tripitaka has a 300m lead over the next closest competitors, with 6 players all clamouring after her at 600m. Tripitaka only needs 3 more wins to capture the flag, while the 6 players need 3 more wins to catch up to where she currently is. If anyone wants a shot at winning, you know who you need to be aware of :P

Also, jpdiggins has also left the tournament, leaving 10 players left in the tournament. As such, subsequent rounds will only feature 5 matchups.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [11 Sep

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:47 am

Update

We're currently waiting for the outcome of a Round 13 game, Game 9667272. If Tripitaka takes that, she'll win the tournament. Since we won't need Round 15 if that happens, we'll wait for the result of the game to be clearer before I give the next update.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; CTF War of the Triple Alliance [Winner: Tripitaka]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:54 am

Update

Slowly but surely, Tripitaka has gained the victory in the last remaining game. Thus, with an astounding lead over her opponents, it is with pleasure that I announce Tripitaka as the winner of the War of the Triple Alliance edition of the Tournament Organizers: Capture The Flag tournaments!

Congratulations to Tripitaka!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; CTF War of the Triple Alliance [Winner: Tripitaka]

Postby Tripitaka on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:54 am

anamainiacks wrote:Slowly but surely, Tripitaka has gained the victory in the last remaining game. Thus, with an astounding lead over her opponents, it is with pleasure that I announce Tripitaka as the winner of the War of the Triple Alliance edition of the Tournament Organizers: Capture The Flag tournaments!

Congratulations to Tripitaka!

Thanks anamainiacks!

It was a close game for so many rounds. Kudos to my opponent ubcman64 for putting up such a good fight!

Great tourney! Thanks for running it!
The nature of Image was irrepressible!
Major Tripitaka

Previous

Return to Completed 2011