Postby *Pixar* on Fri May 27, 2011 1:48 pm

in since u forced me
Captain *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Absolutely Fast -- Memorial Day Weekend [15/16+]

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri May 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Pixar wrote:in since u forced me

I did not! lol. In, and now we have 16 players! Looks like it will still run! I'm taking players up until later tonight though, last chance to get in!

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Re: Absolutely Fast -- Memorial Day Weekend [FULL]

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri May 27, 2011 10:36 pm

The games are made, and the pw has been sent! Feel free to join by the end of this weekend!

-rd

Re: Absolutely Fast -- Memorial Day Weekend [Accepting More]

Postby ChrisBeerens on Sat May 28, 2011 12:32 am

in pls bud
Corporal 1st Class ChrisBeerens

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat May 28, 2011 10:07 am

ChrisBeerens wrote:in pls bud

Np

-rd

Postby traffic133 on Sat May 28, 2011 11:54 am

in please
Cook traffic133

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat May 28, 2011 12:50 pm

traffic133 wrote:in please

Alrighty!

-rd

Postby as128 on Sat May 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Can I join up please?
Sergeant 1st Class as128

Postby blindman30 on Sat May 28, 2011 7:37 pm

in please if still open
Sergeant 1st Class blindman30

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat May 28, 2011 9:14 pm

blindman30 wrote:in please if still open
as128 wrote:Can I join up please?

Yup. PM's sent.

-rd

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sun May 29, 2011 9:49 am

Game 9141012

I think you need to add a rule for the bad sports of this CC world. If they deadbeat out because they get pissed they are losing they should lose points or not be allowed into future tourneys.

I know this rule cannot go into effect until the next tourney, but I think it is a good rule to have.

I don't really care when it happens, but I am tired of little bad sport babies like in the game above.

Don't get me wrong, I get pissed when I lose and can be a little too abrasive with the words, but dead-beating--especially after just beating someone is just true bad sportsmanship.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby uk massive on Sun May 29, 2011 10:11 am

in please
Cook uk massive

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:Game 9141012

I think you need to add a rule for the bad sports of this CC world. If they deadbeat out because they get pissed they are losing they should lose points or not be allowed into future tourneys.

I know this rule cannot go into effect until the next tourney, but I think it is a good rule to have.

I don't really care when it happens, but I am tired of little bad sport babies like in the game above.

Don't get me wrong, I get pissed when I lose and can be a little too abrasive with the words, but dead-beating--especially after just beating someone is just true bad sportsmanship.

I agree
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun May 29, 2011 10:55 am

uk massive wrote:in please

Alright, but try to play as many games as possible by tomorrow night! I'm not accepting any more in, now.

Thanks for that, I'll be sure to add something into the next tournament that penalizes those who are of the bad sportsmanship type. Thank you for bringing this up.

-rd

Postby kabuki.mono on Sun May 29, 2011 11:56 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:

I agree

+1
Corporal kabuki.mono

Re: Absolutely Fast -- Memorial Day Weekend [Full]

Postby HighlanderAttack on Tue May 31, 2011 6:58 pm

So next week we just have to make sure not to play anyone more than three times during the weekend.

If you have played 2 on every map that requirement is met and does not have to be re-met next weekend-correct?

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue May 31, 2011 8:05 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:So next week we just have to make sure not to play anyone more than three times during the weekend.

If you have played 2 on every map that requirement is met and does not have to be re-met next weekend-correct?

Correct. Also, I'm having trouble using Tour Stats on the tournament...it isn't working for me. I'll try to have the scores done by this weekend. Sorry for he delay, folks'.

-rd

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:04 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:rds presents...
USA.jpg

This weekend in the US is Memorial Day weekend, so let's celebrate it! This tournament will be a SPEED tournament, and is setup similar to my prior speed tournaments if you've been in them before!

Here's the rundown:

1. Maps on the USA Map Pack*!
  2. All games will be:
    1. 2 Players
    2. Escalating
    3. Chained
    4. Sunny
  3. You cannot play the same person more than 3 times EACH WEEKEND
  4. You must play each map in the map pack at least TWICE to qualify for the win
  5. The winner will be the person with the most wins by the night of June 6th, Midnight CC Time [EST]
  6. Games will run 24/7 on that weekend, so I suggest that you also invite people you know to play in this tournament as well, to ensure that you can be on the same time as someone else!
  7. I will make the games either Thursday evening or Friday morning CC Time [EST]
  8. The top half of the players with the most wins move on to another round next weekend during the same times, the winner of that will win the Tournament
  9. Good luck!

NOTE: The USA Map Pack includes USA, USA West, USA Southwest, USA Southeast, USA Great Lakes, USA Rockies, and USA New England.

I do not know how these rules don't make it look like it is total wins that win the tourney?

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:58 am

"# The top half of the players with the most wins move on to another round next weekend during the same times, the winner of that will win the Tournament"

To me that seems like the winner of that weekend, which would be the one with the most wins for that weekend. I could be terribly wrong though
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:11 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:"# The top half of the players with the most wins move on to another round next weekend during the same times, the winner of that will win the Tournament"

To me that seems like the winner of that weekend, which would be the one with the most wins for that weekend. I could be terribly wrong though

I ran it by an unbiased tourney director and he saw it the same way as me because I didnt want to be biased.

At best it is very unclear. There have been too many times where after receiving pm's I have had to clarify exactly what the meaning is for this tourney.

This is all my opinion and it means absolutely nothing.

We also didn't get games Thursday night or Friday morning, but late Friday night which cuts down on the chance to play games.

I just would suggest that some clearer rules be made the next time and maybe some better planning.

Again, just my opinion which means jack.

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:35 am

I know I am a bit negative on this, but clarity is key to running tourneys. i hope my negative criticism just helps to make a better tourney next time. Hope it is more like constructive criticism.

One final note--The GA Medal information is not posted in this thread anywhere that I have seen (I may have missed it)

Can you please post the details on how to win it--I have two pm's with different info so I would like to see the exact details in the thread if that is possible--thanks

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:02 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:"# The top half of the players with the most wins move on to another round next weekend during the same times, the winner of that will win the Tournament"

I ran it by an unbiased tourney director and he saw it the same way as me because I didnt want to be biased.

I am sorry for this unclarity. I haven't been running Tournaments like this very long, and am still learning.

At best it is very unclear. There have been too many times where after receiving pm's I have had to clarify exactly what the meaning is for this tourney.

This is all my opinion and it means absolutely nothing.

After a quick analytical purview of the OP makes me see this. You opinion isn't nothing, if you hadn't told me this, I bet no one would have ;)

We also didn't get games Thursday night or Friday morning, but late Friday night which cuts down on the chance to play games.

I just would suggest that some clearer rules be made the next time and maybe some better planning.

Noted.

Again, just my opinion which means jack.

Not really :D

Thanks for all of the tips, HA. You've been organizing tournaments a lot longer than I, so I'll be sure to take this advice soundly. kooler's analysis was correct, that was the line that I thought clarified who would win what.

I'll post GA Medal info in the thread soon. Sorry for the mishaps!

-rd

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Hey man--I really appreciate you taking my criticism lightly--I am too ultra competitive and can be an ass at times. I try to be professional about it most of the time but sometimes I go way too far. I do appreciate the tourneys and appreciate the work you put towards them. Usually I will make sure ahead of time on most anything that would be unclear so I take fault in myself for that part. The good thing is you told me what you meant by the rules before hand so I was not shocked in the end. I will post this in the thread as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2011