Conquer Club

2011 World Cup of Risk [Winner: abygorb; Join Today!]

Tournaments completed in 2011.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Please rate the overall quality of this tournament.

5--Much Better than other tournaments I've competed in.
63%
4--Better than other tournaments I've competed in.
38%
3--Of about the same quality as other tournaments I've competed in.
No votes
2--Worse than other tournaments I've competed in.
No votes
1--Much worse than other tournaments I've competed in.
No votes

Total votes : 8

Re: 2011 World Cup of Risk [Winner: abygorb]

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:23 pm

solar wrote:who did i replace?

You took part in the Chicago division:

Round 1:
vclubb vs. solar--Game 9473442
iLflankU vs. woj77--Game 9473443
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

Re: 2011 World Cup of Risk [Standings Updated 10/29]

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:30 pm

Congratulations abygorb!

WorldCup4James wrote:
  • abygorb, a Captain who, interestingly, is the only finalist whose current nation of residence corresponds with the division he qualified from: Mexico. Will the forces of nationalism and pride lead him to victory?
  • The second North American qualifier is Splatsmash, who began fighting on the frigid Greenland map. After only 500 games, he's already a major and is seeking his second tournament title.
  • Our South American League qualifer is Colonel SirSebstar, earning a spot from the Central America division. He boasts the highest number of tournament victories and most number of medals: 18 tournaments won and a total of 70 medals!
  • The first of our three finalists emerging from the largest league, Europe, is xman5151, who has the second most number of tournament victories (6). He's also joined the most number of my tournaments (props for that :) )
  • Dukasaur, one of the leading members of the Entertainment team for the CC Newsletter, has earned a spot from the Italy division. If his risk-taking is as skillful as his writing (as it surely may be) then he's a strong candidate for the title!
  • Major Flow520 (after only 179 games! =D> ) has qualified from the Luxembourg division, and has taken risk-taking to the next level; in 2010 he took part in the real-life risk-taking 2010 Annual Risk Classic in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, as an Official Conquer Club Flag-bearer.
  • The finalist most familiar with the workings of the World Cup of Risk and the Final is co-co. Nearly one year ago,co-co triumphed in the 2010 World Cup of Risk, qualifying from the SAME division as last year (Egypt: Lower). Can he manage to pull off a repeat victory in a tougher field of opponents!?
  • Finally, qualifying from the Japan division of the Asian League, is Colonel Stickse, who has the highest score of all 8 finalists (2616) as well as the highest winning percentage of all 8 finalists (57%!). Yet he has only played 126 games and has to yet to win a tournament! Is he the top dog in the race for the tournament victory?

I guess home field advantage won out over all other factors...:-)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Previous

Return to Completed 2011