Conquer Club

The Apprentice 1 – CC Style [Winner: killmanic]

Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: The Apprentice 1 – CC Style FULL

Postby Drunk_Idiot on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:36 am

dittoeevee8888 wrote:
Drunk_Idiot wrote:Ok here I am in the bored room...Fighting to save my life to advance to the next round..

Why should i stay? Well I have already proved to be an asset to my team. Other than turning in my questions on time. looks like i reverted back to my high school days by not turning in my home work on time. The game i was in went ok till round 1 where they were able to snag a bonus in the first round and we could not just break them.. My partner and I communicated through the game and I would not mind playing again with him in the next round. I tried to take a bonus just when we were getting ready to swing the game into our favor but i ran into some bad dice which sealed our fate...Our PM did a great job in talking to the team making sure everyone was in a position to win (except for putting me in the board room)....

Okay, but who, if in my position, would you choose to leave, Glenghis or brandoncfi and why?

Also, this line just doesn't sound good to me "The game I was in went okay til round 1" though I can understand that annoying dice can screw you over.

OK i shouldn't have said round 1 i should have said round 2 cause by the end of the 1st round they had a bonus and in the 2nd round we couldn't break it up.

I would say fire Brandoncfi since i don't have any problem with the way Glenhis handled things. I even nominated Glenhis for PM..Ieven pick my partner Lagger to on our team..I like Brandoncfi i don't really know how his game went or what happen. But if it is him or me.....FIRE HIM....I will even hold the door open for him as he walks away crying complaining how wrong we all are...
Cook Drunk_Idiot

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:29 pm

Drunk_Idiot wrote:
dittoeevee8888 wrote:
Drunk_Idiot wrote:Ok here I am in the bored room...Fighting to save my life to advance to the next round..

Why should i stay? Well I have already proved to be an asset to my team. Other than turning in my questions on time. looks like i reverted back to my high school days by not turning in my home work on time. The game i was in went ok till round 1 where they were able to snag a bonus in the first round and we could not just break them.. My partner and I communicated through the game and I would not mind playing again with him in the next round. I tried to take a bonus just when we were getting ready to swing the game into our favor but i ran into some bad dice which sealed our fate...Our PM did a great job in talking to the team making sure everyone was in a position to win (except for putting me in the board room)....

Okay, but who, if in my position, would you choose to leave, Glenghis or brandoncfi and why?

Also, this line just doesn't sound good to me "The game I was in went okay til round 1" though I can understand that annoying dice can screw you over.

OK i shouldn't have said round 1 i should have said round 2 cause by the end of the 1st round they had a bonus and in the 2nd round we couldn't break it up.

I would say fire Brandoncfi since i don't have any problem with the way Glenhis handled things. I even nominated Glenhis for PM..Ieven pick my partner Lagger to on our team..I like Brandoncfi i don't really know how his game went or what happen. But if it is him or me.....FIRE HIM....I will even hold the door open for him as he walks away crying complaining how wrong we all are...

Okay.

Also, it's not looking good for brandoncfi who hasn't responded by first or second day...

Deadline: June 30th. (Unless an actual discussion or argument picks up between these three (or four) people).
Sergeant 1st Class dittoeevee8888

Postby Glenghis on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:35 pm

I would also nominate brandoncfi to be fired as he was also the only player to miss a turn which will have lost his partner (blakebowling) and himself some impetus in the game. Having missed a turn you are always going to be playing catch up and as such I think this was a major part in the loss of their game.

I have reviewed the log for Drunk_Idiot's game (Game 2494618) and have noticed that either he didn't attack anybody between rounds 8 & 11 or (more likely) he had some pretty awful dice.

My nomination for being fired is brandoncfi.

If anybody feels I should be fired then please post your reasons here & I will try do defend myself. #-o
Private 1st Class Glenghis

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:54 pm

Changing deadline to June 25, whenever I get on. Not willing to wait 5 extra days. What I'm thinking is, if Brandoncfi wants to defend him/herself would do so sooner rather than later.

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 pm

Brandoncfi, you're fired.

Will do all updates needed tomorrow. Late here...and sorry for doing this a day late.

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:05 pm

need new pms. Will send all updates tomorrow, whatever I said yesterday, ignore it ;)

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:43 pm

Trying to think of a good "idea" for this round, so be a little paitent, I'm working on it. Should be done in a couple of days.

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:25 pm

Team 1's PM is Drunk_Idiot.
Team 2's PM is tabsnake.

Anyway, task came to me last night, so we'll start.

Celebrating National Holidays!

As you know, Canada Day is today, and Independence Day is on the 4th (3 days away in my timezone). So, we'll be playing out a task celebrating the two.

We'll be having 2 doubles and a triples game. We'll be doing 2 USA maps (a triples and a doubles) and 1 Canada map one (doubles).

The aim is to win the game for your team.

Losing team will go to the boardroom, where the PM will choose the two people that s/he thinks did worst in their contribution to the team and we'll battle it/debate it where I will fire one-3 people. All depends on whether or not I think they all deserve to get fired.

Maps: Canada/USA map
Number of Players: 4-6
Game Type: Doubles/Triples
Play Order: Freestyle (Fireworks are unpredictable)
Bonus Cards: Escalating (Firewords are supposed to get more and more exciting, and they usually save best for last, right?)
Fortifications: Chained (Fireworks normally go one after another...)
Fog of War: No (You see fireworks ;))

So:

Game 5: Canada, Doubles, Freestyle, Escalating, Chained, Sunny
Game 6: USA, Doubles, Freestyle, Escalating, Chained, Sunny
Game 7: USA, Triples, Freestyle, Escalating, Chained, Sunny

Will send PMs ASAP, likely today, or tomorrow, depending when I do games...

Postby tabsnake on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:36 am

Team 2 (Tabsnake and SuperWang) Won on game:

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=2761386
Lieutenant tabsnake

Postby Marky74 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:39 am

tabsnake wrote:Team 2 (Tabsnake and SuperWang) Won on game:

Was a good game... I forgot how a map can change in escalation games
Cook Marky74

Postby tabsnake on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:50 am

Team 2 won

Game 2761390! Well Played team!
Lieutenant tabsnake

Postby tabsnake on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:51 am

Marky74 wrote:
tabsnake wrote:Team 2 (Tabsnake and SuperWang) Won on game:

Was a good game... I forgot how a map can change in escalation games

That last set cashed in won it for us...your right it was well played by both teams.
Lieutenant tabsnake

Postby tabsnake on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:05 pm

Its a clean sweep for Team 2.

Coded and myself just won Game 2761381.

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=2761381
Lieutenant tabsnake

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:01 am

Team 2 won 3-0. Will be sending out questions soon...

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:33 am

Forgot if I announced this or not, but hargieharry from Team 2 has been disqualified for not joining game on time, and for the fact that I couldn't see his user profile.

That said, the deadline has passed by 12 hours-ish, and these are people who haven't answered:

Team 1:
blakebowling
Marky74

Team 2:
N/A

Drunk_Idiot will pick two people to join him in the boardroom. These two people have to be on his team.

Postby Drunk_Idiot on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:10 pm

blakebowling
killerkern

will join me in the boardroom
Cook Drunk_Idiot

Postby killerkern on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:22 am

I think that Drunk Idiot should be souly responsible for our loss & as the project manager he should have organized our team better but instead had no direction & made mistake deployments & was not a very responsive team player??? I think Drunk Idiot should be fired
Sorry DI :twisted:
Private 1st Class killerkern

Postby blakebowling on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:51 pm

I agree completely with killerkern, I have been paired with the same person every game, not saying they weren't good, I just want to play with another person.
Private blakebowling

Postby Drunk_Idiot on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:03 pm

killerkern wrote:I think that Drunk Idiot should be souly responsible for our loss & as the project manager he should have organized our team better but instead had no direction & made mistake deployments & was not a very responsive team player??? I think Drunk Idiot should be fired

What mistake in deploying did i make i think you are thinking of our team mate that game you better go look again...also Killler why wouldn't you attack blue in the west our i gave you men there you had an 8-3 advantage for most of the game if you had attack him then maybe his move to get the west wouldn't have cost us the game...if you mean my bad deployed was when i gave you men then your right they were bad since you wasted the men i gave you..

MY vote is for killerkern...who told he was going to be the team mate ever...yea right

blakebowling wrote:I agree completely with killerkern, I have been paired with the same person every game, not saying they weren't good, I just want to play with another person.

Every game..there has only been one game before this and you lost that one too...
Cook Drunk_Idiot

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:19 am

blakebowling wrote:I agree completely with killerkern, I have been paired with the same person every game, not saying they weren't good, I just want to play with another person.

I have absolutely NO idea what you mean on this, you've been paired with 3 different people, Drunk_Idiot, killerkern and brandoncfi, each of whom you've played once.

Who do you want to leave, and why should I keep you over any of them?

killerkern wrote:I think that Drunk Idiot should be souly responsible for our loss & as the project manager he should have organized our team better but instead had no direction & made mistake deployments & was not a very responsive team player??? I think Drunk Idiot should be fired

Why should I keep you?

Drunk_Idiot wrote:

What mistake in deploying did i make i think you are thinking of our team mate that game you better go look again...also Killler why wouldn't you attack blue in the west our i gave you men there you had an 8-3 advantage for most of the game if you had attack him then maybe his move to get the west wouldn't have cost us the game...if you mean my bad deployed was when i gave you men then your right they were bad since you wasted the men i gave you..

MY vote is for killerkern...who told he was going to be the team mate ever...yea right

Every game..there has only been one game before this and you lost that one too...

Who should I fire, and why should I keep you over both of them?

Deadline: August 5th, may be extended if I'm busy, or if discussion picks up and people aren't just not posting, etc.

Postby Drunk_Idiot on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:27 pm

I may have to change my vote and you should be fired...

1. in the first game you were paired with brandoncfi in the 2nd game you were paired with me and killerkern. so how were you paired with the same person both games..

2. you didn't turn in your questions this week

3. you called killer LB during the game..(not sure if killer's real name is LB)

are you even paying attention to this tourney..

I vote for blake as much as i want killer gone for not knowing what he is talking about.. blake makes killer look smart...
Cook Drunk_Idiot

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:36 am

Okay...deadline passed...no new activity from last I checked :evil:. Even a reminder doesn't get those two to post so it's really a split decision for me...

But I'm going with blakebowling, for not only NOT submitting his questions sheet this week, for posting almost more or less no content in his defense, and the content that he does post makes absolutely no sense.

So, blakebowling, you're fired.

Will be sending out PM for deciding on who's PM and then I'll be thinking about what kind of maps and etc. for the next task.

Again, if two people have chose to volunteer, I'd prioritize with the person who hasn't been PM yet, and then going with who's been a PM furthest task from now.

If nobody volunteers, random draw excluding previous PMs.

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:40 pm

Well...kind of busy and late for the past couple of days so I'll try to get stuff up tomorrow.

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:55 pm

killerkern and risk-yall100-0 will be our PMs.

The task this week will be celebrating the Beijing Olympics.

Task 3: Celebrating the Olympics!

The time only comes once every 2 years, and this time, we'll be celebrating it in China.

So...

Number of Players: 4
Game Style: Doubles
Game Order: Sequential
Map: Greater China
Cards: Escalating, Flat Rate
Forts: Chained, Unlimited
Fog: Sunny (We don't want rain, now do we?)

Will be creating games and sending out PMs to project managers soon.

Postby SuperWang on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:32 am

Are there games still being played?
Major SuperWang

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2009