The 29th Modern Olympics will be held in Beijing, China, from August 8-24, 2008. These competitions will pit dozens of countries against each other in 302 events among 28 different sports. In the spirit of the peaceful athletic competitions that the Olympics provide to the world, we have decided to take the Beijing 2008 Olympics to you on Conquer Club.
Because of the rarity and distinction of an Olympic competition, this tournament is sanctioned as An Official Clan Competition. Every competitive clan may enter 1 team for competition, which must have a minimum of 6 competitors and a Team Captain. An individual can only compete for 1 clan and must have a premium membership.
This tournament needs a minimum of 12 teams, but it will not be limited to that amount. Registration will close no later than August 1, 2008, with games beginning on or before August 8, 2008.
Here are the events being offered for competition in the 2008 CC Olympics:
1 v 1
- Table Tennis
- 110 meter hurdles
- 4x100 meter relay
4x400 meter relay
To register your team, please use the following form:
- Team Name:
- The specific settings for every event are listed in the 2nd post. Registered teams will appear in the 3rd post.
- Every event must have a representative from your team. Track events need 2 representatives each.
- A single player CANNOT play in more than one of the 1v1 or more than one of the Singles events. Identical teams cannot participate in more than one team event (i.e. one triples team can not play all 4 triples events). The Single Player Track events are excluded from this rule.
- PLEASE have most of your team with their events at the time of registration. Any changes require a repost of your full roster with all corrections/changes. Previous submissions will be voided.
- Each team is responsible for finding their own reserves. Preferably, these need to be listed on the Team Roster at registration. Failure to find a reserve for an event in a timely manner will result in a forfeiture from said event.
- Games and passwords will be sent to each participant, but other communications will be sent to Team Captains ONLY.
Team Players (Events):
IMPORTANT: Due to the uncertain number of teams at the time of posting, the exact qualification methods to determine a winner in each event are undecided. They will depend upon the number of teams that register to compete, but as a general rule, many of the events will have pool play and then a bracket series. The exact system for each will be determined and be made public BEFORE the first set of games begin.
A gold, silver, and bronze medal will be awarded to the top 3 finishing individuals/teams in each event. These will pool into their respective team’s overall medal count. The winning team of the tournament will be the team that finishes with the most medals. In the case of a tie, it will be broken by the number of gold medals received. The winning clan will receive 3 years of premium membership courtesy of lackattack to divide in no less than 6 month increments.