City Trip [WINNER: inos]

Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Stutus overview (copy of post2)

Postby PaulusH on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:05 am

Click image to enlarge.

Ok some details in an attempt to explain why the score is as it is. In fact grouped in five issues:
    Games running and games still to start
    Normal score
    Special score at Pearl
    Special score for reserves
    A tie in tulips but not a tie in the list

Games running and games still to start
For games that are running you see the game-number in this list. The player is in that is at the same line is still active in that specific game. Other active players in that game can be found by searching the same game number. Game numbers are much higher then score; therefore there should be no doubt what are game numbers and what is score.
For not started games people with the same symbol at a city will be in the same group at that specific visit. Again everybody can find who will be the other players at the same game by searching for the same symbol at that game-setting. Since you only will have one game with each of the other travellers the number of people to check is limited.

Normal score
For games on most maps you will get tulips. The number of tulips depend on the moment you are kicked out of the game. For each game the winner will get 21 tulips. The first eliminated person gets 3 tulips. The total list is 21 17 13 9 7 5 3.

Special score at Pearl
Since Pearl is related to WWII, you don't get tulips there. In stead of that you have to eat tulips (at the end of WWII there was not enough food in the Netherlands and people did eat tulips to stay alive). Again the number depends on the moment you are kicked out of the game. The winner doesn't have to eat any tulip, so 0 The first eliminated has to eat 18 tulips. The total list is 0 4 8 12 14 16 18.
However there is an special extra rule for the eating. It could happen that at the moment you should eat, you don't have any or not enough tulips to eat. Since there are no negative tulips you only eat the number of tulips you have at that moment; this includes that you don't eat at any in case you don't have any.
poptartpsycho18 might have read this part correctly (or was just lucky), anyway she (or he) was the first who was so smart to leave Pearl before she (or he) had any tulips. Later PAUL912 and seamusvibe followed that example. Several others had some short, so only eat the amount they had bauild up before.
In fact this is working now in the way it was made by the twisted idea of the tournament organizer (me). In case somebody would have understood completely how this works and what the consequence of it would be, then that person would have entered the tournament using 3 slots. Nobody used that :geek:

Special score for reserves
Most tournament organizers of non 1v1 tournaments depends on reserves to get a tournament to the end. To only possibility I see to get reserves into the tournament and get again reserves in a next tournament is to give reserves a fair change to become the end winner. On the other hand the players that stay in the tournament must also have a fair change. In fact that is a difficult balance.
In general the people who stop have a relative low number of tulips (not always but often), so just pass those tulips would not be fair. Therefore I basically give reserves the same number of tulips as the person who is at place number 7. On top of that the reserve get one bonus tulip. In case I need a reserve directly at the start; nobody has tulips; also number 7 has no tulips; at that moment the reserve will only gets the bonus tulip. As stated before organizers depends often on reserves.
Starting with one tulip, but playing bad or average it will not be possible to win the tournament. Starting later at place number 7 it should still be possible to win, but again that person has to be either very good or very lucky. In case the tournament is running to its end and you start at place number 7, the numbers 1 to 6 must have to end one (or more) games low in the ranking while the reserve have to end (most of the) games high. It will not be easy.
In this tournament I have used 4 reserves up to now. Two of them early in the tournament and since there number of tulips was more or less the same as the person they replaced, I did leave in the score of the person who left. Two of them after that 4 games were played and the diffence with the score of the person left would have been unexplainable high. So those last two have a "-" as score now for the first 4 games. By coincident for both of those last two persons number 7 had 39 tulips at the moment they entered. With the one bonus gives them a starting value of 40 tulips.

A tie in tulips but not a tie in the list
In case of a tie in the number of tulips, simply seach the game in which both persons were together. There is always one game in which two persons were (or will be) together. In fact that game is re-used as a kind of tie-game. So who was last kicked out of that specific games will get the higher position.
Theoretically I tie of three or more persons could happen. On the other hand three or more persons with the same amount of tulips doesn't have to be a tie: example Bolo XXXV was in San Francisco together with matt c.; in Berlin with spidey and in Sydney together with IronWood. In all three games Bolo XXXV did get a higher place so in the total end score he is ranked higher. IronWood got a higher end-position then matt c. in Berlin and won in Hong Kong from the person replaced by spidey. matt c. and spidey went together to Montreal. So four people end up with the same number of tulips, but it is no tie at all.
Of course it could happen that you were not in a game with one of the reserves. On the other hand the reserves did get one bonus tulip, which makes it more difficult to end in a tie at the end.
In this tournament I also used an assassin setting. Causing that leolou2 and GMC ended in a tie; Godd has also the same amount of tulips but was better at both locations where he met those other two.
Last edited by PaulusH on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 107 times in total.
Major PaulusH

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

Re: City Trip (7x7 windmill) fun 4 all [ 6 / 49 + 5]

Postby Arcane100 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:22 am

:D im in pls...only 1slot\City at a time pls.
Private 1st Class Arcane100

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: City Trip (7x7 windmill) fun 4 all [ 7 / 49 + 5]

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:09 am

I'm in and like Godd I'll play as many as possible :D
Lieutenant poptartpsycho18

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: City Trip (7x7 windmill) fun 4 all [ 2 / 49 + 5]

Postby amazzony on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:09 am

Been away from weekend (what a nice rest! :P) so here's a better late than never answer.

PaulusH wrote:
amazzony wrote: Stop making good tournaments, I can never get my game count down! #-o

I have no idea how to make a bad tournament, or should I not interpret it as such a request :roll:

I just meant that... darn, your tournaments are great! :ugeek:
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Medals: 113
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (4)

Re: City Trip (7x7 windmill) fun 4 all [ 8 / 49 + 5]

Postby PaulusH on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Welcome Arcane100 and poptartpsycho18 ;)

amazzony, I did understood it the first time :mrgreen:
But since I don't know what to do with compliments I tried to turn it in a joke :oops:
Major PaulusH

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby John Price on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:59 pm

In please
Corporal John Price

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: City Trip (7x7 windmill) fun 4 all [ 9 / 49 + 5]

Postby dustin800 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:06 pm

In please.
Colonel dustin800

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: City Trip (7x7 windmill) fun 4 all [ 10 / 49 + 5]

Postby PaulusH on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:26 pm

John Price & dustin800 welcome 8-)
Major PaulusH

Postby amazzony on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:31 pm

PaulusH wrote:mazzony, I did understood it the first time :mrgreen:
But since I don't know what to do with compliments I tried to turn it in a joke :oops:

Ahhaa, and I didn't have a good punchline :lol: Well, nevertheless, I wish you good luck with fishing (aka finding members to join) and hopefully it will start soon :D

And no, I'm not your personal stalker :roll:
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Medals: 113
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (4)

Postby PaulusH on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:40 pm

Only 39 places left 8-)

We are going to visit 8 nice Cities; to join this trip the only thing you need to do is push the reply bottom and type "in" :D
Major PaulusH

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Sign me up for a nice vacation!
Major Bones2484

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby dyrtydog on Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:53 pm

sure thing thanks for the invite

maps owned: WWII Iwo Jima, Iberia, San Francisco
tournaments won: Jojo's Midyears Resolution Revolution
Lieutenant dyrtydog
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 57
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (14)

Postby seamusvibe on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:28 am

I'll play
Private 1st Class seamusvibe

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3)

Postby mountainbill on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:30 pm

i'll play 8 games open
Sergeant 1st Class mountainbill

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: City Trip (7x7 windmill) fun 4 all [ 16 / 49 + 5]

Postby PaulusH on Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Ok, you are all in, welcome :D
See the updated status :geek:
Major PaulusH

Postby schnitzella on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:38 pm

In please!
Corporal schnitzella

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby Timon on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:08 am

oh, I'm in!
Private Timon

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: City Trip (7x7 windmill) fun 4 all [ 20 / 49 + 5]

Postby MasterGuns on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:54 pm

sure...... im in!
Captain MasterGuns

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby PaulusH on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Ok, welcome all :D

We are now on 20 people who booked these trips 8-)
Since the bus is not full yet, we wait some weeks longer :mrgreen:
Major PaulusH

Postby redbugal on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:34 pm

I'll play.
Captain redbugal

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: City Trip (7x7 windmill) fun 4 all [ 22 / 49 + 5]

Postby PaulusH on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:01 pm

MasterGuns not smart to post at the same moment as I did, I easely could have missed you :lol:

Also a warm welcome for redbugal :D
Major PaulusH

Postby matt c. on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:51 pm

i'll join too. with 2 slots please!
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who know Binary and those who don't.
Private matt c.

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (2)

Postby Mr. Gix on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:59 pm

i will play
XI GAMER

Game 1451016 2008-04-09 02:56:28 - Fireside Poet: Thought you'd get a kick out of that... Mr. Unpredictable...
Sergeant Mr. Gix

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: City Trip (7x7 windmill) fun 4 all [ 24 / 49 + 5]

Postby PaulusH on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Welcome matt c. and Mr. Gix 8-)
Major PaulusH

Re: City Trip (7x7 windmill) fun 4 all [ 24 / 49 + 5]

Postby redtide on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:03 pm

Sign me up!

thanks
Sergeant redtide

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)

Next

Return to Completed 2009