Conquer Club

Trippel Trappel [Winner: LordZack72]

Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Should organizers change the setup in tournaments like this during the tournament?

Poll ended at Sat May 16, 2009 4:40 pm

No, meet all players in at least one game was the most important part of the tournament.
46%
No, getting 17 or 18 different teammates was the most important part of the setup.
15%
No, getting 22, 23 or 24 different opponents was the most important part of the setup.
15%
No, it is up to the organizer to make easy and more challaging games
8%
Yes, in case both teams get too much in disbalance and lost cc-points go under 15 or over 27
8%
Yes, in case both teams get too much in disbalance and lost cc-points go under 10 or over 40
8%
Yes, in case both teams get too much in disbalance and lost cc-points go under 5 or over 80
No votes
Yes, in case both teams get too much in disbalance and lost cc-points go under 2 or over 99
No votes
I have not participated in this tournament
No votes
I am LordZack72 and will become the winner in this tournament
No votes
I am MasterGuns and will become second, so I will object all parts of the tournament that could be of influence
No votes
Other (please explain in a reply)
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Trippel Trappel (6x6 windmill)16-1 We have a new top-score

Postby PaulusH on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:07 pm

This tournament is giving me some real new problems to solve: nice :ugeek:
One Germany game had to be re-done because of originally wrong teams 8-)
It took a lot of effort to get all people in the Iberia games ;)
And now at Actium I have alraedy a freemium who uses currently all his slots: me :mrgreen:
Major PaulusH

Postby anonadick on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:47 pm

I already sent a PM to Paulus and my prospective teammates, but wanted to air it here.

I just lost my Premium, and was laid off last week, so try as my mind does to tell me it's okay to renew right now, I know it's not.

Which really sucks, cause I'm in 10th place in this tourney right now =D> but have 10 active games. I don't really see any other option but to bow out, lord knows this tourney has been complicated enough for Paulus, but we'll see.

Anyway, sorry for the extra drama, and best of luck to all.
Captain anonadick

Postby PaulusH on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:22 pm

anonadick wrote:I already sent a PM to Paulus and my prospective teammates, but wanted to air it here.

I just lost my Premium, and was laid off last week, so try as my mind does to tell me it's okay to renew right now, I know it's not.

Which really sucks, cause I'm in 10th place in this tourney right now =D> but have 10 active games. I don't really see any other option but to bow out, lord knows this tourney has been complicated enough for Paulus, but we'll see.

Anyway, sorry for the extra drama, and best of luck to all.

Thank you for letting us know and not letting us wait or find out ourselfs :ugeek:

In fact I am running out of reserves, I would like to have you back as a reserve as soon as you could bring your number of games back to 4 O:)
Major PaulusH

Re: Trippel Trappel (6x6 windmill)17-1 First Actium game running

Postby hoschke118 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:48 am

the replay of the germany game is over
Major hoschke118

Re: Trippel Trappel (6x6 windmill) 19-1 Hm, simply continue ?

Postby PaulusH on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:18 pm

hoschke118 wrote:the replay of the germany game is over

And updated in the status now :geek:
Major PaulusH

Postby anonadick on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:24 am

Paulus, you can put me back in for reserves. I got this in my email today:

Hello anonadick,

Someone has bought you a Premium Membership Gift Certificate (1 year)!

Your account has been upgraded.

Regards,
The Conquer Club

I'm still in shock. Totally anonymous gift. I'm humbly grateful, and will be paying it forward in one way or another, count on it!
Captain anonadick

Postby PaulusH on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:46 pm

anonadick wrote:Paulus, you can put me back in for reserves. I got this in my email today:

Hello anonadick,

Someone has bought you a Premium Membership Gift Certificate (1 year)!

Your account has been upgraded.

Regards,
The Conquer Club

I'm still in shock. Totally anonymous gift. I'm humbly grateful, and will be paying it forward in one way or another, count on it!

Congrats with your Premium Membership and welcome back :D
You are already back in the status overview 8-)
Major PaulusH

Re: Trippel Trappel (6x6 windmill)17-2 chinese checkers continue

Postby PaulusH on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Because of some problems at one of the last games (team-mix-up); I was late with sending reminders :?

What actually happend was that I didn't need to send reminders anymore, because everybody still joined in the meanwhile =D>

Noticing this I am going to change my "invitation-wait-reminder-wait-wait-invite reserve" to "invitation-wait-wait-reminder-wait-invite reserve" :ugeek:
Major PaulusH

Re: Trippel Trappel (6x6 windmill) 21-2 a few days no update

Postby PaulusH on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Sorry I have some other activities the coming days :roll:
No update from me at the forum, but I contine creating new games, send invitations, reminders and if needed invite reserves; just stop updating the forum for a few days :mrgreen:
Major PaulusH

Postby MasterGuns on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:42 pm

TEAM 2 wins

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=4264638

2009-02-23 10:27:27 - wjw1741 eliminated goggles paisano from the game in round - 6
2009-02-25 15:15:58 - wjw1741 eliminated gotwald from the game in round - 8
2009-02-25 15:53:27 - John Price eliminated wakko3308 from the game in round - 8
2009-02-25 15:53:27 - wakko3308 loses 23 points in round - 8
2009-02-25 15:53:27 - goggles paisano loses 23 points in round - 8
2009-02-25 15:53:27 - gotwald loses 23 points in round - 8
2009-02-25 15:53:27 - wjw1741 gains 23 points in round - 8
2009-02-25 15:53:27 - John Price gains 23 points in round - 8
2009-02-25 15:53:27 - MasterGuns gains 23 points in round - 8
Points Totals
wakko3308 scored -23 points in this game
goggles paisano scored -23 points in this game
gotwald scored -23 points in this game
wjw1741 scored 23 points in this game
John Price scored 23 points in this game
MasterGuns scored 23 points in this game
Lieutenant MasterGuns

Postby PaulusH on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Thanks for all the details ;)

For the internal tournament score, I need who (John Price) eliminated the last (wakko3308). Who else were in the team that lost and in the team that won and if they still had spoils :ugeek:
Major PaulusH

Re: Trippel Trappel (6x6 windmill) 25-3 Two groups out of USA

Postby PaulusH on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:24 pm

We run out of reserves for some time now :?

So lets hope we can finish the tournament without needing more reserves [-o<
Or to get at the save site: lets hope some new reserves will join 8-)

After all Poker games were finished, we needed a new reserve to get the last USA game started :(
In fact I did prepare for that and was able to find quickly an extra resereve (welcome belac) :D
Problem is that I only can use that trick for an extra reserve only once :mrgreen:
So basically a big risk that in case we need another reserve, we really get difficulties in starting the last games :oops:

I have currently no action to get new reserves :shock:
With only two more rounds there is a good possibility that everybody will stay O:)
So any request now could be rather silly, but in case we need one it will cost extra time :arrow:
The only thing that would help if somebody all by him (or her) self would enter as reserve :sick:
Major PaulusH

Re: Trippel Trappel (6x6 windmill) 25-3 Two groups out of USA

Postby PaulusH on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:26 pm

MasterGuns wrote:Paulish what with the very lopsided teams in my arctic game????????????????? a Clonel, a Captain and a LT, VS a LT a Sergeant and a private? dude that's not even close. WTF Paulish? this is totally unmatched and an unfair advantage for team 1
We run out of reserves for some time now :?

Hi MasterGins,

The tournament setup is based on the original players and their CC-score at the beginning of the tournament :geek:
With all kind of other issues to look at perfect matching is not possible, but I did my best :P
The specific game on which you are complaining now had a difference in total cc score of 1.6% (sum of 4336 vs 4268) =D> That was considered as acceptable and clearly not the worst of all 54 games in this tournament :oops:
May I remind you that you did win the last game you complained about the large difference in the strength :sick:
I can't help it that between the start of the tournament and the moment the game will be played things change O:)

Furthermore I miss the flexibility to change the setup in between, while I still keep my original principles in it :shock:
:arrow: Basic in this tournament is that you are in at least one game with all other participants in this tournament
:arrow: The only option to get that done in 6-player games is when you meet some people more then once
:arrow: I was able to keep it limited to maximum meeting people twice and there are 10 people who you meet twice
:arrow: Furthermore I tried to get the people who you meet twice to get them one time as teammate and the other occasion as opponent; but unfortunally this was not possible to realize for all 36 people in the tournament (maximum acception per person two).

So in case you are able to get this done in a flexable setup with posibilities to change the setup after 7 songs, please inform me how :ugeek:
Major PaulusH

Re: Trippel Trappel (windmill 6x6)7-4 Artic is waiting for three

Postby MasterGuns on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi Paulish,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I guess there's no sense complaining if I don't have a solution to offer, so here goes: Instead of matching up players going off each player's profile score from the beginning of the tournament, why not use the real time, current profile score totals after each round and match things up that way? It appears that you had spent a lot of time putting together a very good scoring system that reveals only one winner, (excellent job with that) however it is my opinion that your current method of creating match-ups could made to be more fairly balanced.

by the way I am fine with whoever you put on my team just as long as you don't match us up against players who scoring point totals have over a 2000 point differential. The current difference in our teams point totals as of today is as follows: Team 1: 6437 VS Team 2: 4262

Thanks for replying, and for hearing me out,
~MasterGuns
Lieutenant MasterGuns

Re: Trippel Trappel (windmill 6x6)7-4 Artic is waiting for three

Postby PaulusH on Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:19 pm

MasterGuns wrote:Hi Paulish,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I guess there's no sense complaining if I don't have a solution to offer, so here goes: Instead of matching up players going off each player's profile score from the beginning of the tournament, why not use the real time, current profile score totals after each round and match things up that way? It appears that you had spent a lot of time putting together a very good scoring system that reveals only one winner, (excellent job with that) however it is my opinion that your current method of creating match-ups could made to be more fairly balanced.

by the way I am fine with whoever you put on my team just as long as you don't match us up against players who scoring point totals have over a 2000 point differential. The current difference in our teams point totals as of today is as follows: Team 1: 6437 VS Team 2: 4262

Thanks for replying, and for hearing me out,
~MasterGuns

For a part you are correct: good comparable total points is better for an individual game. 4262 vs 6437 is clearly still possible, but not the best setup. I know that in the last games some comparable clearly not the best games will be there. But since it is only one more game to go for everybody, I will not change the set-up anymore.

The typical part of my tournaments is that you play at least one game with everybody else in that tournament. Or in case of teams: every team play against every other team. There is no perfect setup for 6-player games that fits that rule, but with mixing triples and being team-mate or not it becomes nearly rather nice for that part of the setup. In fact the setup for this tournament was not bad at the start. However fluctuations in personal score is much higher then I had expected (I never had a look at those kind of fluctuations). But what is really killing the balans in these games is the fact that I needed several reserves.

Since I will keep the typical part of my tournaments. I can only keep a reasonable balans in case I don't need reserves and fluctuations stay within limits or have a very large group of reserves and can pick one with the correct number of points.
Rather unlikely. Another option is that people joining tournaments are aware the the world is not as perfect as they like :lol:

Ok a more realistic proposal: I will make a poll with a question for everybody on this subject and see how people react?
This will not influence this tournament, but could help for a next (or prevent me organizing this kind of tournaments).

Do you have a specific question in mind?
And what answers?
Major PaulusH

Re: Trippel Trappel (6x6) 6-5 LordZack72 WINNER, games continue

Postby LordZack72 on Wed May 06, 2009 3:49 pm

It has been a fantastic and fun tournament PaulusH... thank you for arranging it. I also am glad for having excellent teammates :D . The victory is not mine... it is theirs.. =D>
Private LordZack72

Re: Trippel Trappel (6x6) 6-5 LordZack72 WINNER, games continue

Postby PaulusH on Wed May 06, 2009 4:06 pm

LordZack72 wrote:It has been a fantastic and fun tournament PaulusH... thank you for arranging it. I also am glad for having excellent teammates :D . The victory is not mine... it is theirs.. =D>

Thanks for your compliment :oops:

And yes you depend in such a tournament on your teammates, but you had 17 different teammates (of which only acores2005 twice). So it must be your quality to get them doing their best just at your games, or you just have been lucky. Either way you will become the only great winner of this tournament =D> =D>

Will become, because the tournament is not finished yet. You still have to wait until the last games are finished; I have made the last updates here; my reporting to the Tournament Directors that it is finished with you as winner and finally for the planning of the Tournament Directors to update the Hall of Fame. But after that you will be the winner :mrgreen:
It is only a matter of time now O:)
Major PaulusH

Re: Trippel Trappel (6x6) 7-5 LordZack72 WINNER, games continue

Postby LordZack72 on Thu May 07, 2009 5:57 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Private LordZack72

Postby anonadick on Fri May 08, 2009 12:42 am

Thanks for the tourney, Paulus - it was entertaining, and informative - you don't get that every tourney!
Captain anonadick

Re: Trippel Trappel (windmill 6x6) 9-5 Another game finished

Postby dittoeevee8888 on Sat May 09, 2009 9:52 pm

What's the poll for? :?

And congrats to LordZack72 to being the winner of this tournament :D
Sergeant 1st Class dittoeevee8888

Postby LLLUUUKKKEEE on Mon May 11, 2009 2:01 pm

anonadick wrote:Thanks for the tourney, Paulus - it was entertaining, and informative - you don't get that every tourney!

Agree totally.

And you are always gonna get unfair match ups, its part of team games, we all got some.
It's your turn...................................
Sergeant LLLUUUKKKEEE

Re: Trippel Trappel (windmill 6x6) 11-5 Last game: 3 against 1

Postby jakegreer on Mon May 11, 2009 3:13 pm

Congrats lord z :D ack
Sergeant 1st Class jakegreer

Re: Trippel Trappel [WINNER: LordZack72]

Postby PaulusH on Tue May 12, 2009 3:50 pm

The tournament is finished 8-)
I hope most of you had fun :geek:

But most important LordZack72 did win =D> =D>
Major PaulusH

Previous