Blobby wrote:Game 4099620

I won this game, thanks barterer, I got lucky

8-)
you go girl! =D>
show: purdy
Sergeant 1st Class Tammy DeLee

Re: TLO 2009 - Round 1/7

Postby Shatners Bassoon on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Crouching Beaver win Game 4099616 and Game 4099633.
31-29
Major Shatners Bassoon

Re: TLO 2009 - Round 1/7

Postby Lindax on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Thanks for the updates. Congrats on your star Chariot!

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: TLO 2009 - Round 1/9

Postby Lindax on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:19 pm

We have a 10th team. I'll be sending updates to the Team Captains soon.

10.- Team Name: Generation One III
A.- Serbia - score: 1654 (Team Captain)
B.- keiths31 - score: 1785
C.- amazzony - score: 1754
D.- KidWhisky - score: 2128
E.- Lufsen75 - score: 1857
F.-

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Teams, schedule and rosters are updated with the two additional teams. See first 3 posts.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby downfall on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:51 pm

game 4099624 is a win for the rangers of the south. good game lfaw 8-)
Colonel downfall

Postby amazzony on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:11 am

Game 4136289 LoD wins over G1 III :(
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Tripitaka on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Game 4099621 - Generation One II triumphs over The Gray Matters
The nature of Image was irrepressible!
Major Tripitaka

Postby Lindax on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks guys!

Team captains, if you haven't done so yet, please assign players for the second round. Maps and settings are in the 3rd post. Thanks.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:16 am

G1 II wins over the Gray Matters in Game 4099657
Captain Gilligan

Postby Shatners Bassoon on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:42 am

Crouching Beaver wins Game 4099653
31-29
Major Shatners Bassoon

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Shouldn't G1 II's doubles have 2 points? :D
Captain Gilligan

Postby Lindax on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Gilligan wrote:Shouldn't G1 II's doubles have 2 points? :D

You're absolutely right Sir! Thank you ;)

It's corrected and the results are updated until now, see:

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=75528&p=1806402#p1806402

I also uploaded the maps and settings for all upcoming rounds (you'll find them in the same post as the results).

Team Captains: I still need player assignments for round 2 for several teams! Please pm them to me:

Round 2 Americas

S = single games, D = doubles games, Q = quad game

S1: Montreal escalating - sunny
S2: Charleston no spoils - fog
S3: San Francisco escalating - fog
S4: Treasures of Galapagos no spoils - fog
D1: Caribbean Islands flat rate - fog
D2: Canada escalating - sunny
D3: USA escalating - fog
D4: South America no spoils - sunny
Q: North America no spoils - sunny

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby amazzony on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:42 pm

Game 4136297 - amazzony & KidWhisky bring doubles win to Generation One III :D
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby KidWhisky on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:27 pm

Ohhh Yeaaa. Not a bad start. Of course I'm going to lose my 1v1 so I guess I shouldn't get excited
Baby, When You Look This Good, You Don't Have To KNOW Anything.

"You? Whats To Know? Your A Punk, A Rank Amature...Still If It's A Whoopin Your A Wantin!
Captain KidWhisky

Postby Lindax on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:39 pm

:lol: Updated

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi all,

I think I need to clarify something about the following part of our tournament:

show: GAMES and POINTS

As you can see, the quad game has a fairly high score of 4 points. Originally I was going to have the singles and doubles games played and then play the quad game as best of 3. I decided against that because of the time factor, it would drag every round out by at least a few days if not longer. That's why I decided to set up one quad together with the other games and only in case it would be the deciding game, make it best of 3 and set up the other 2 quad games.

And if you think about it, the quad game is only one game, but counts for 4 points. That's why I decided to count the singles and doubles first, then apply the quad game. So, if the difference in score is less than 4 points, after adding up the singles and doubles scores, the quad game is the deciding game and thus automatically best of 3 and the 4 points will be given after that.

And, if the difference in score is 4 points after adding up the singles and doubles scores, and the team with 4 points wins the quad, it will be 8-8. The 4 points are given after the first game although the quad will also become automatically best of 3 to decide the winner of the round. The score will remain 8-8 though.

If the difference in points is more than 4, after adding up the singles and doubles scores, you play just 1 quad game for 4 points.

I could have chosen many ways to do this, however this is the way I decided. I did that after careful consideration of what is fair and not too time consuming and "test calculations" to see different outcomes.

You'll just need to keep in mind that you cannot celebrate yet if you win the quad game, because it may end up being best of 3. :mrgreen:

If the majority of you do not agree with this we can do it different, let me know.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby KidWhisky on Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:51 pm

KidWhisky and amazzony bring another doubles win to G1 III in this game here Game 4136295
Baby, When You Look This Good, You Don't Have To KNOW Anything.

"You? Whats To Know? Your A Punk, A Rank Amature...Still If It's A Whoopin Your A Wantin!
Captain KidWhisky

Postby kingkoswyn on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:29 am

Grey Matters wins over G1 II in Game 4099615

Yea, our first point!
Captain kingkoswyn

Postby kingkoswyn on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:20 am

The Grey Matters wins over G1 II in Game 4099652
Captain kingkoswyn

Postby jpcloet on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:31 am

Lindax wrote:Hi all,

As you can see, the quad game has a fairly high score of 4 points. Originally I was going to have the singles and doubles games played and then play the quad game as best of 3. I decided against that because of the time factor, it would drag every round out by at least a few days if not longer. That's why I decided to set up one quad together with the other games and only in case it would be the deciding game, make it best of 3 and set up the other 2 quad games.

And if you think about it, the quad game is only one game, but counts for 4 points. That's why I decided to count the singles and doubles first, then apply the quad game. So, if the difference in score is less than 4 points, after adding up the singles and doubles scores, the quad game is the deciding game and thus automatically best of 3 and the 4 points will be given after that.

And, if the difference in score is 4 points after adding up the singles and doubles scores, and the team with 4 points wins the quad, it will be 8-8. The 4 points are given after the first game although the quad will also become automatically best of 3 to decide the winner of the round. The score will remain 8-8 though.

If the difference in points is more than 4, after adding up the singles and doubles scores, you play just 1 quad game for 4 points.

I could have chosen many ways to do this, however this is the way I decided. I did that after careful consideration of what is fair and not too time consuming and "test calculations" to see different outcomes.

You'll just need to keep in mind that you cannot celebrate yet if you win the quad game, because it may end up being best of 3. :mrgreen:

If the majority of you do not agree with this we can do it different, let me know.

Lx

So if I read this correctly, unless a team wins 75% of the singles and doubles, we'll be playing 3 Quads regardless? Double check the math but in order to only play 1 quad, you would have to take 9 or of the 12 points or more being 3/4 singles and 3/4 of the double 3*1+3*2=9 vs the 1*1+1*2=3. Given the teams in the tournament are skilled, I see a lot of quad play coming and the quad games really are the decider then for every series due to 4 points. Could you maybe reduce the quad to 2 points?
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Daryth on Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:13 am

Crouching Beaver win game Game 4099642

Also not sure Crouching beaver won 4099665 (not sure if this had been posted or not)

Thx

D.
Colonel Daryth

Postby Lindax on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:52 am

jpcloet wrote:

Lx

So if I read this correctly, unless a team wins 75% of the singles and doubles, we'll be playing 3 Quads regardless? Double check the math but in order to only play 1 quad, you would have to take 9 or of the 12 points or more being 3/4 singles and 3/4 of the double 3*1+3*2=9 vs the 1*1+1*2=3. Given the teams in the tournament are skilled, I see a lot of quad play coming and the quad games really are the decider then for every series due to 4 points. Could you maybe reduce the quad to 2 points?

My original idea was to have everybody play the quad game the best of 3. It's a team league, so the team game is important. That's also why I gave it the 4 point value. The reason I set up only 1 quad game in the beginning is that it will not always be the decider and if it's not, playing one game is enough and saves time (this tourney will take long enough as it is). I have thought about making the quad worth 3 points, but decided against it.

What I will do from now on to avoid confusion is this: I'll set up all the singles and doubles games and only when they are finished I'll set up the quad game(s). If it's not the deciding match, I will just set up one game to see who gets the points. Remember that the points are not the most important, but the amount of wins over another team overall (per round) is what decides the winner. I agree that many quads will turn out to be the best of 3, but not all of them.

Anybody else have any thoughts about this?

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby dustin800 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Technically the quad game is the decider only if they win it. Otherwise you could say that our two doubles victories were the decider. In this case we have won 5 of 8 games and are on track to win the quad game as well giving us 6 of 9 games. Now despite winning 6 of 9 we have to play two more and if we lose them we lose the week despite winning over half the games and winning the original quad game anyway? This does not seem like an accurate gauge of who should win. If going in there is a tie or the team that won less games wins the quad I can see this being applied, but this seems wrong in the instance. I will post on the forum as well. What do you think Serbia since it is your team that is effected this week, but you could easily loose on the same technicality next week?

Lx
Major dustin800

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2009