Conquer Club

GameZZone: Starcraft [Winner: Bones2484]

Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

UPDATE - GameZZone: Starcraft

Postby amazzony on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:10 pm

Reminder sent, hoping all games to begin in the next couple of days (trying to bring in a reserve fast if needed because I don't want game load for players to go too high - several batches played at the same time).
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:28 am

"Strap yourselves in boys!"

I've made batch 3 games and I'll send them out soon. I think by the time these games end, most of batch 2 is finished so there's not too many games at once.

Sadly I don't have time to update the standings and gather the points so it will most likely happen when all games have finished. Don't worry, I'll give enough time for calculating and deciding what to build :)

Also, I'll be having a hectic couple of weeks so not sure when last batch of part 1 gets sent out but hopefully in the next 10 days (no guarantees though).
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: GameZZone: Starcraft [Part 1 - Batches 2 & 3]

Postby slickstick on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:17 pm

won by slickstick
Sergeant 1st Class slickstick

Re: GameZZone: Starcraft [Part 1 - Batches 2 & 3]

Postby Vikermac on Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:52 pm

Game 4325596
Won by Vikermac
Corporal Vikermac

Postby amazzony on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:51 pm

"I'm about to drop the hammer!"

Last batch of part 1 will be sent out shortly. Fortunately most games from previous batches have ended, only SCV group will have some more active games because they have been slower than others. I will try to start collecting resource info for this part but I don't know when I have time to post it all. Most likely I won't post it before batch 4 has also ended and I've collected the scoring from all part 1 games. Please be patient with me :)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:31 am

"I told em I was claustrophobic, I gotta get outta here!"

It seems that we have 2 casualties in SCV group but I've given them 48 hours to join and if they haven't done it then I'll bring in replacements. Except SCV Batch 4, all other games are active without problems.
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:30 pm

"Checklist protocol initiated."

Check the scoreboard ;)
Took a bit under hour but first 3 batches have been translated into scoring. It seems that the system worked but it didn't see ahead what happens when somebody deadbeats the whole batch so carl2216 (or whoever takes his place in the tournament) is way behind when compared to others because of low Crystal amount.

I'm working on making SCV's last batch active but it might take some time to see what's going on with Spinal and how many reserves I need to bring in so please hang on :)

Also, so it would be clear - do not send me your actions yet. If you have questions then shoot and I'll try to explain but right now we are just waiting for batch 4 to end before we move on with the tournament.
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:52 am

In SCV group, dittoeevee8888 is taking the place of carl2216 who deadbeated out of his games in batch 3. Sadly she will get a bad set of points so if she declines the place (which I wouldn't keep against her) then I'll just message the next reserve until somebody agrees to join.

Spinal had personal emergency and therefore he didn't join the games before, now he is in games :)
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: GameZZone: Starcraft [Part 1 - Batch 4]

Postby Vikermac on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Game 4384460 won by Vikermac.
Corporal Vikermac

Postby amazzony on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:54 pm

We're waiting on SCVs and some Ghosts to finish their games in batch 4. As soon as all of them have finished, I'll update scoreboard with all gained resources and then building the base can begin :) I've mentioned it before but I'd like to say it again that I will try to explain as well as possible how things must be done.
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:19 pm

"Research complete."

All Part 1 games have finished and I've made a complete update with the resources gathered. I'm quite sure that there aren't mistakes in it because I had automatic checks in excel that said that numbers were matching. Of course, it might be that I mixed up some points so if anybody wishes then re-check your score and send me the complaints in the next 48 hours, after that I won't be correcting anything even if a mistake slipped in. I will send everybody a message explaining how to send me your wishes of what you want to build. Please do not send me any messages before you've received one from me! Otherwise I'll be going insane. If you have any questions then PM them to me or post to this thread (better is posting here).

Everybody will have 3-4 days to answer me what they want to build and I'll take myself up to week to prepare next scoreboards and collect the data from you. So, next part begins at the end of March.

GameMaster,
ZZ
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: GameZZone: Starcraft [Part 1 - Building of Structures]

Postby KidWhisky on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:01 am

I just have a quick question amazzony. Can we build buildings as well as units in the second round or only in the first? I didn't see it in the main post so though I would ask.
Baby, When You Look This Good, You Don't Have To KNOW Anything.

"You? Whats To Know? Your A Punk, A Rank Amature...Still If It's A Whoopin Your A Wantin!
Captain KidWhisky

Postby n00blet on Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:05 pm

I have a question as well. Under the Troops spoiler, next to all of the units between cost and HP is, for example (1 Unit) or (3 Units).

Is this it's requirement of your Supply Depots, or will I get 6 Battlecruisers for the price of one? :twisted:
Captain n00blet

Postby amazzony on Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:21 pm

KidWhisky wrote:I just have a quick question amazzony. Can we build buildings as well as units in the second round or only in the first? I didn't see it in the main post so though I would ask.

In second round you can build everything, both units and buildings. In part 1, only buildings. I'll try to post it in the main post also.

n00blet wrote:I have a question as well. Under the Troops spoiler, next to all of the units between cost and HP is, for example (1 Unit) or (3 Units).

Is this it's requirement of your Supply Depots, or will I get 6 Battlecruisers for the price of one? :twisted:

It's "Supply spaces needed" :) So don't even dream about getting so many B-cruisers :P
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:48 pm

I've been busy and haven't had time to do it before but now finally collected all the data and sent out reminders to those who haven't messaged their purchases yet. I got several funny PMs, sadly don't have time to answer them but know that they are appreciated and make me laugh :D I do hope that I'll get rest of the actions in the next 2-3 days and we can move on soon.

Sorry about the delay!

amazzony
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:35 am

thekidstrumpet has got a message to replace Plowable_Earth who wishes to drop out because he is too busy. Dropship group has sent me all their wishes, there's still a few people in SCV & Ghost group who must contact me.
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:31 pm

I'm currently in search for finding a replacement player for Tooker. If I don't find anybody then I will take the place but if it happens that I'll end up in top 8 by the end of part 2 then I won't play in the finals because I have too much inside information.
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:36 am

I guess nobody wishes to join as a reserve so I'll replace Tooker. Part 1 is fully updated and will be "closed" in 24 hours - I'll let everybody check if I marked your buildings correctly. I have all of the messages saved but it's too much pointless job to go through all of them so if somebody feels that I've given you wrong buildings then please message me and I'll check.

We'll be starting with Part 2 today, I'll make games and send out in the next few hours. I'll also find time to post buildings under part 2 (in spoilers).
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:57 pm

Games made and sent out. Enjoy the first batch! :)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:27 am

Reminders sent, hopefully all games will begin soon :)
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: GameZZone: Starcraft [Part 2 Batch 1]

Postby ralphcptc on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:36 pm

i will reserve if needed
Former Praetor of The Legion. Past Centurion.
High pts 2241
Cadet ralphcptc

Postby amazzony on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:37 pm

ralphcptc wrote:i will reserve if needed

Help is much appreciated :) You'll be taking Hath's place in Part 2 Batch 2 because he needs to drop out from tournament.

Sorry about the delay of Ghost group but I couldn't bring in a reserve before because I was travelling but now it's done and Kotaro will take the place of Riskmaster101.
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby endar1077 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Hey Amazzony,
I'm about to leave town until Monday, so I'm going to pre-empt your request for the round's purchases. I got a 5th place finish and four 2nd place finishes, so by my calculations I should have 440 crystal total (80 left-over from last round).
Anyway, I'll buy four supply depots. I'll lose a lot of gas, but that's fine.
Thanks,
endar1077

P.S. I don't think I made a mistake, but if you are pretty sure I did, then I'll just take as many supply depots as I can afford.
Major endar1077

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:38 pm

endar1077 wrote:Hey Amazzony,
I'm about to leave town until Monday, so I'm going to pre-empt your request for the round's purchases. I got a 5th place finish and four 2nd place finishes, so by my calculations I should have 440 crystal total (80 left-over from last round).
Anyway, I'll buy four supply depots. I'll lose a lot of gas, but that's fine.
Thanks,
endar1077

P.S. I don't think I made a mistake, but if you are pretty sure I did, then I'll just take as many supply depots as I can afford.

Dont we have 4 more "rounds" in Round 2 before purchasing again?
Major Bones2484

Postby amazzony on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Bones2484 wrote:Dont we have 4 more "rounds" in Round 2 before purchasing again?

Nope. You play 5 games and then buy. Then again 5 games and then buy. And so 5 times all together :)
Lieutenant amazzony

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2009