Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: GameZZone: Starcraft [FINALS: Last Purchases]

Postby denominator on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
n00blet wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:
n00blet wrote:
denominator wrote:You know, I did a whole bunch of predicting here and I came up with who I think will win, but then I figure everyone could read that and change their purchases.

So I'll see if my predictions come true after all the purchases are in.
Is it me? :lol:

I dunno ;)

Winning those last two games in this set gave me another 400+ round!
Well isn't mister "I've got two battlecruisers" the cat's pajamas? :lol:

Don't you mean four? :)

ZZ, you're killin us!!! The score is so close between n00blet and myself (I think?) that I can't wait! You sure know how to build up anticipation!

You might want to recount - assuming the troop purchases in the first post are up to date, there are 4 of us that could all potentially win it, depending on the final purchases.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:40 pm

n00blet, I can't argue that in the game 21 Goliaths would destroy 4 Battlecruisers. My BC's wouldn't even know what hit them! :lol:

Denom, going into the last week I calculated that 5 people had the chance to win. Obviously my math could be wrong (or there could be missing information!) but I thought the ways to victory were the following:

- Bones (4800 points): Get 400 points and buy a Battlecruiser.
- n00blet and KidWhisky (4775 points): Get at least 300 points and hold Bones under 400, buy two Siege Tanks or three Goliaths (or a Battlecruiser if 400+ points).
- Denominator (4635 points): Get 400 points and hold Bones/n00blet/KidWhisky under 400, buy four Goliaths.
- Soldier4Christ (4600 points): Get 400 points and hold Bones/n00blet/KidWhisky/Denominator under 400, buy a Battlecruiser.

So, basically, my goal was to try to pick off the four of you while trying to get 400 points myself. Obviously this relies on the information available to us, so I could be way off!

My completely uneducated (and unbiased!!! :lol: ) estimate of the final standings is:
1. Me
2. Denominator
3. n00blet/Soldier4Christ
5. KidWhisky

edit: Nevermind, I just remembered why I didnt include Denominator in my original estimates a week or so ago... farm space. Thus, my projections are:

1. Me
2. n00blet/S4C
3. KW
4. Denom
Major Bones2484

Postby denominator on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Yeah, I had miscalculated on my original run of calculations a couple of days ago. I think I had the Goliath and Wraith numbers mixed up, which means some people would have higher scores than they actually had, and others were lower (which put me a lot higher and eliminated S4C from my predictions).

Now that I've fixed that, I get the same numbers as you do. Which should mean Bones wins. This is when I look back in amazement that the final set was on Waterloo, and those 2 games I screwed up (that Bones eventually won) and cry.

Bones2484 wrote:- Denominator (4635 points): Get 400 points and hold Bones/n00blet/KidWhisky under 400, buy four Goliaths.

Couldn't possibly have happened. I couldn't even get a Battlecruiser for getting 400 points because I shorted myself on the Supply Depots.

Your final estimates are very close to mine - and you're right, I got killed on Space. I figured it was going to be a close finish and that I had a shot at it until the Space round. My final standings guess:

1) Bones
2) nooblet
3) S4C
4) denominator
5) KidWhiskey

Too bad I was gunning for nooblet in the finals and not Bones!

Regardless, a great tournament. I'd happily play a tournament that requires this kind of involvement again.

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:20 pm

denominator wrote:Regardless, a great tournament. I'd happily play a tournament that requires this kind of involvement again.

I completely agree. It was great to get so deeply involved in a tournament as opposed to just merely playing games. ZZ is a genius!
Major Bones2484

Postby n00blet on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:10 am

denominator wrote:Too bad I was gunning for nooblet in the finals and not Bones!
That's how I felt everyone was going! Jeeeeez I literally signed on one day to find myself eliminated in all but three of the games. Its was saddening :lol:
Captain n00blet

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:09 pm

n00blet wrote:
denominator wrote:Too bad I was gunning for nooblet in the finals and not Bones!
That's how I felt everyone was going! Jeeeeez I literally signed on one day to find myself eliminated in all but three of the games. Its was saddening :lol:

Well I did figure you to be the biggest threat to me since KidWhisky didn't get to carry over many crystals at all and you had 70+.

I didn't realize, though, that I needed to stop S4C as well until it was too late. Luckily I caught very lucky breaks in my two last games.
Major Bones2484

Postby denominator on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:03 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
n00blet wrote:

Well I did figure you to be the biggest threat to me since KidWhisky didn't get to carry over many crystals at all and you had 70+.

I didn't realize, though, that I needed to stop S4C as well until it was too late. Luckily I caught very lucky breaks in my two last games.

I do believe, both were because I fail at Waterloo? :lol:

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:40 pm

denominator wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:
n00blet wrote:

LOL. I think only one was a mistake by you when you forgot about my army in the top left, the second one was just a case of bad dice when you were trying to finish someone off. :)
Major Bones2484

Postby denominator on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
denominator wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:
n00blet wrote:

LOL. I think only one was a mistake by you when you forgot about my army in the top left, the second one was just a case of bad dice when you were trying to finish someone off. :)

At least those were the most entertaining Waterloo games I've ever played. I have you to thank for that, although that one where I missed your army shouldn't have even gotten to that point because you stole a kill on me earlier in the game.

Postby amazzony on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:55 am

Guys, you are kinda nuts :roll:

I should have all purchases now but I'm not sure if I want to tell you the results yet :twisted:
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

GameZZone: Starcraft [Winner: Bones2484]

Postby amazzony on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:13 am

Mystery is solved and here I have accurate and final results for the looong but fuuun GameZZone: Stacraft tournament :) If you wish to see exact results, please go here but my main job is to declare the winner of the tournament.

Congratulations, Bones2484, for winning the tournament!

Thank you everybody for playing and especially to finalists! Though it was a very long tournament with a lot of job then I've fully enjoyed running it and I'm grateful to those who have been with us from beginning to end and kept me going with positive comments!

Cya around,
amazzony
Last edited by amazzony on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: ~^GameZZone: Starcraft [Winner: Bones2484]

Postby denominator on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Well then, an official congrats to Bones!

Thanks again for running this one, amazzony. If I were to make a list, this would definitely make my Top 5 favourite tournaments I've played in. Really looking forward to Diablo now.

P.S. Dammit! Lost 4th place by a mere 5 points.

Re: ~^GameZZone: Starcraft [Winner: Bones2484]

Postby n00blet on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:17 pm

Gahhhh second place by 200? One more Siege Tank..... Alas. Well done Bones!
Captain n00blet

Previous

Return to Completed 2009