Conquer Club

Masters of Doubles [Winners: Donkey & Greycloak]

Tournaments completed in 2009.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: MASTERS OF DOUBLES ROUND 7

Postby Big Whiskey on Tue May 19, 2009 8:39 am

Big Whiskey wrote:Donkey/Greycloak--------5 prismsaber/agonzos-----------3 1 games left

BW/Blitz--------------------5 endar1077/jj3044-------------4 **

David Wain/Andrew-------3 CandaVespin/bamage---------2 4 games left

hiddendragon/littlebrother2k7---5 AMGecko/tyche73-----4 **

I guess there is no reason to play the 8th round.Donkey and Greycloak can not be knocked out of 1st place.When this round ends Donkey and Greycloak will be tourney champs.Congrats to you both =D> =D>

All u have to do is read pal.
General Big Whiskey

Re: MASTERS OF DOUBLES-See 1st Post For Winners

Postby endar1077 on Tue May 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Big Whiskey wrote:
Big Whiskey wrote:Donkey/Greycloak--------5 prismsaber/agonzos-----------3 1 games left

BW/Blitz--------------------5 endar1077/jj3044-------------4 **

David Wain/Andrew-------3 CandaVespin/bamage---------2 4 games left

hiddendragon/littlebrother2k7---5 AMGecko/tyche73-----4 **

I guess there is no reason to play the 8th round.Donkey and Greycloak can not be knocked out of 1st place.When this round ends Donkey and Greycloak will be tourney champs.Congrats to you both =D> =D>

All u have to do is read pal.

Okay, first of all, I'm not your pal, buddy.

Second of all, you're quoting a post from the second to last page, so why would I have read it? If you are under the impression that people read all the posts in the tourney thread, you are sadly mistaken. The head post is where updates go, and your score there doesn't mention it. The PM announcing the winners probably should have, but whatever. I guess that's about how things have been going in the whole way in this tournament.

I came to resent this tournament about halfway through (separate from our little confrontations and whatnot) because I realized that the whole premise is a points scheme. Why would you have a tournament decided by points in which the top team just continues to bash the person on the bottom repeatedly unless to suck points out of them? I suppose it isn't for sure that this was on your mind when you made the tourney this way. I'd be curious to know what the idea was, actually.

In any case, I don't recommend it for future tourneys, in case you plan to do more. It stopped being exciting after the third round or so, because it was structured to give the advantage to the team already in the lead.
Highest score: Colonel, 2786, #124
Major endar1077

Re: *^Masters of Doubles [Winners: Donkey & Greycloak]

Postby Big Whiskey on Tue May 19, 2009 10:46 pm

Ok pal,,if u can do better,than please do..take care ;)
General Big Whiskey

Re: *^Masters of Doubles [Winners: Donkey & Greycloak]

Postby endar1077 on Wed May 20, 2009 9:13 am

Lol, no need. AndrewB already did. Now that's a well structured and well-run tournament.
Highest score: Colonel, 2786, #124
Major endar1077

Previous

Return to Completed 2009