NO DICE

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: No dice games [REJECTED]

Postby Robert44 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Guys, can we not discuss this before rejecting? I've been part of CC for almost 3 years and too many times I've seen how the dice don't always make sense, e.g. how can a guy with 6 troops take down my "stack" of 11 men?

If it is set as a game option (just like trench, fog of war, etc.) then I see no harm in implementing it. In fact, I think it can only enrich CC and the types of games we can play. Maybe the topic and Nucker's suggestion needs to be investigated further, the details of the implementation sorted out to give each player a fair chance of winning at the beginning of the game, but let's spend some time discussing it, or even put it to a vote if necessary.
Corporal Robert44

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:48 am

Robert44 wrote:Guys, can we not discuss this before rejecting? I've been part of CC for almost 3 years and too many times I've seen how the dice don't always make sense, e.g. how can a guy with 6 troops take down my "stack" of 11 men?

If it is set as a game option (just like trench, fog of war, etc.) then I see no harm in implementing it. In fact, I think it can only enrich CC and the types of games we can play. Maybe the topic and Nucker's suggestion needs to be investigated further, the details of the implementation sorted out to give each player a fair chance of winning at the beginning of the game, but let's spend some time discussing it, or even put it to a vote if necessary.

This has been discussed. Notice 420+ posts. Can you describe to me how a game on a map with no bonuses would end? Yes, we do have one. (Circus Maximus).
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby agentcom on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:53 pm

I had forgotten about Circus Maximus. Great point. I have added that to the OP along with two other awesome posts ;)
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby Fruitcake on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Anyone who has ever played Empire xp can vouch for the fact that stalemates occur far less frequently than I have seen in my years on CC.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby hansinafrica on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:39 am

Sadly I'm busy finishing my last game of CC and will not to playing anymore. I love the game and have played Risk for years, on boards and on line, but the dice game takes the fun of strategy out of it all. It's like playing chess, but the game decides which piece you must play each turn. You can't plan, build, defend or attack effectively as you never know what you'll get. The only route to probable victory (but not assured) is to play conservatively and without flare. Very boring.
If you ever introduce a dice-less game, please let me know, but I'm tired of the randomness, it can only hold attention for so long, and that is now at an end.
To all you detractors, obviously you haven't played dice-less. Until you ditch the dice this will be no different to playing the one arm bandits as a strategy game it is not.
Sergeant 1st Class hansinafrica

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: NO DICE

Postby jammyjames on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:43 am

How about we Un-reject this suggestion, as it's better than 50% of the shit that's gone through.

Do it.
Lieutenant jammyjames

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby spiesr on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:09 am

jammyjames wrote:How about we Un-reject this suggestion, as it's better than 50% of the shit that's gone through.

Do it.
How about you make a post showing how those who have said this would not work are wrong?
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) General Contribution (3)

Postby jammyjames on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:44 am

Wouldn't work on a small handful of maps.

Remove them from the choice, easy.

Freestyle only, no maps without bonus. there would never be a single unbreakable tie :)
Lieutenant jammyjames

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:21 pm

jammyjames wrote:there would never be a single unbreakable tie :)

Can you prove that?

sempai
Can you lead a nation to World Cup glory? Join the FCCFP!!
High score: 2088 - May 30, 2014
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (4)

Postby Donelladan on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:51 pm

The only possibilty of a tie is by playing 1vs1 ( and it has be only kind of proven on simple example, I am not even sure 1v1 would really make tie).
Just block the 1vs1 option for this kind of game ( but beta test 1vs1 maybe it doesn't even do tie). And there is no pb. I don't think multiplayer with this option would ever do a tie.
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Donelladan

Medals: 89
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (14) Challenge Achievement (2)

Previous

Return to Rejected Suggestions