No dice games [REJECTED]

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: using regular math (+1/-1)

Postby Darwins_Bane on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:57 pm

The dice used to be governed to break up streaks like that if I'm not mistaken, but were changed to their current format because they weren't truly random before.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Postby mviola on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:03 pm

What does regular math have to do with the op?
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby blakebowling on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm going to go ahead and move this over to the archives. I'll leave it open, but if you have an actual suggestion, feel free to make a new thread in Suggestions, please remember to use the form.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: lets use regular math (+1/-1)

Postby mybad on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:46 pm

sachni wrote:odds are called chance and data within the category of maths, odds are not a separate entity mybad ...

duh. :-$
Private mybad

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: a "no dice" option

Postby myfriendkyle on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:05 pm

I would never play this.
Sergeant 1st Class myfriendkyle

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby Fruitcake on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Goodness. I have just stumbled back over this thread.

I can assure those who wonder about these things, that no dice games do, in fact, have a balanced beginning (especially in multiplayer games) and require a great deal of strategic thought whilst the game is in progress.

The idea of putting it out there and testing the whole idea to get feedback does sound highly laudable to me.

( I still find it hard to believe that after 3 years this thread is still gaining attention)

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Robinette on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:50 am

i tried playing yatzee without dice...

After 6 games we were all tied with perfect scores.
Brigadier Robinette

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby fumandomuerte on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Definitely a very well thought idea. I won't play it without cars though...
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
Captain fumandomuerte

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby Mr_Adams on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:31 pm

play city mogula an/or support my new map, and the dice becomes a nearly non-issue

viewtopic.php?f=583&t=139799
I am voting Republican now. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth -Monica Lewinski
Lieutenant Mr_Adams

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby Frogmanx82 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:22 pm

I really would like the no dice option. I played with a group of guys for years and we always played no dice. Its a straight one for one. So the attacker needs at least 2 more than the defender to cover the territories after the attack. This puts the emphasis on position and strategy instead of dumb luck. I can't believe the ignorant comments in this thread made by people who have never tried it. It will work on any map and I have to think the code for a straight up one for one troop reduction wouldn't be that hard. Trust me, try it and you'll like it.
Major Frogmanx82

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Frogmanx82 wrote:I really would like the no dice option. I played with a group of guys for years and we always played no dice. Its a straight one for one. So the attacker needs at least 2 more than the defender to cover the territories after the attack. This puts the emphasis on position and strategy instead of dumb luck. I can't believe the ignorant comments in this thread made by people who have never tried it. It will work on any map and I have to think the code for a straight up one for one troop reduction wouldn't be that hard. Trust me, try it and you'll like it.

How many of your games included bombardments?
Sergeant TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Frogmanx82 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:14 am

We used a regular Risk board and mixed the old wooden blocks which were armies with the new plastic pieces which were fighter jets and could attack 3 spaces but couldn't take a territory so I guess that's a bit like bombardment. The plastic 10 piece was a base which doubled the defense. We used the old wooden ten piece standing on end as a nuclear missle which could remove any piece on the board including a base but was 0 defense. The oceans could only attack before deployment.

We twisted the old rules up pretty well and played all kinds of variations like getting your deployment at the end of your turn. Most games were played no dice, cards were always flat rate. Believe me, I know my way around the old Risk board though I'm a newbie here. No dice is a strategy game, once you get used to it, the dice seem childish.
Major Frogmanx82

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:23 am

Well, there are certain maps on this website where bombardment is the basis of the strategy, because it's the best way to get card. I'm curious how a no dice option would work, because you aren't defeating that space and advancing, you are just wiping it down to 1 neutral. Would you still lose 1 troop? or lose none?
Sergeant TheForgivenOne

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby Frogmanx82 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Any action like that would have to cost one army. Pretty simple. I do need to try a bombardment map. Any suggestions? I was looking at the d day map.
Major Frogmanx82

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Frogmanx82 wrote:Any action like that would have to cost one army. Pretty simple. I do need to try a bombardment map. Any suggestions? I was looking at the d day map.

Feudal War and Waterloo
Sergeant TheForgivenOne

Postby Frogmanx82 on Fri May 13, 2011 7:50 am

Bombardment wouldn't be any different than any other attack, its costs the attacker one army. Stalingrad is a great bombardment map, actually a great map all around. It seems the no dice option just won't get its chance. Too bad, if you played it you might be surprised how much more strategy comes into the game.
Major Frogmanx82

Postby Blackaven on Fri May 13, 2011 7:15 pm

If Life had a "No-Dice" option, The Alamo would never have happened :-/
Sergeant 1st Class Blackaven

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri May 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Blackaven wrote:If Life had a "No-Dice" option, The Alamo would never have happened :-/

If conquerclub had a setting in which a territory could have a huge disadvantage in the roles of the dice, you would understand why you are wrong.
I am voting Republican now. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth -Monica Lewinski
Lieutenant Mr_Adams

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby nibotha on Sat May 14, 2011 6:36 am

2 vs 1 ---> attacker loses 1, defender loses 1, 3vs2, attacker loses 2, defender loses 2, etc etc!
advance how many troops ---> a half?!
lol
Captain nibotha

Medals: 98
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Opera Man FL on Sat May 14, 2011 8:27 am

Life always has the elements we DO NOT control. Leave the dice in.
Opera Man FL

"Therefore, having been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." (Rom. 5:1 NIV)
"Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!" (J.K. Rowling)
Lieutenant Opera Man FL

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Robinette on Sat May 14, 2011 10:57 am

Blackaven wrote:If Life had a "No-Dice" option, The Alamo would never have happened :-/

mnnnn... no, the Texan's would have lost the alamo either way..

in CC life, it happened something like this...

Santa Anna had 24 troops (each representing 100 men) and attacked a lightly defended Alamo with just 2 troops (representing 200 men).

Santa Anna's 1st roll was 5,4,1 vs 6,4... Lost 2 (two hundred)
2nd roll was 6,3,2 vs 6,3... Lost 2 more
3rd roll was 4,1,1, vs 3,1... each lost 1
4th roll was 5,5,4 vs 5... Santa Anna lost another, now 18 v 1
and the final roll, 6,4,2 vs 2 ended the battle..

Santa Anna claimed the victory and said it "was but a small affair"
Brigadier Robinette

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Joodoo on Sun May 15, 2011 12:43 am

nibotha wrote:2 vs 1 ---> attacker loses 1, defender loses 1, 3vs2, attacker loses 2, defender loses 2, etc etc!
lol

The first post suggests that an attack can only be initiated if the attacker's territory has at least two more armies than the defender's territory. Otherwise, no assaults can be made.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby Mr_Adams on Sun May 15, 2011 12:48 am

Joodoo wrote:
nibotha wrote:2 vs 1 ---> attacker loses 1, defender loses 1, 3vs2, attacker loses 2, defender loses 2, etc etc!
lol

The first post suggests that an attack can only be initiated if the attacker's territory has at least two more armies than the defender's territory. Otherwise, no assaults can be made.

There would need to be a fractional trade system. If you want to weaken, but not kill, an opponent, you should be able to.
Lieutenant Mr_Adams

Postby Frogmanx82 on Mon May 23, 2011 1:02 am

So is this just a dead issue or is there any consideration for this option from anyone running this site? We have no cards options, I think no dice would be very popular. You would just put up the number of armies you want to attack with and the same number comes off the defender. You need 2 more than the defender to be able to take them out. Bombardment costs 1 army to remove 1 defender. All you need is one more than the defender to turn it neutral.
Major Frogmanx82

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon May 23, 2011 2:13 am

Frogmanx82 wrote:So is this just a dead issue or is there any consideration for this option from anyone running this site? We have no cards options, I think no dice would be very popular. You would just put up the number of armies you want to attack with and the same number comes off the defender. You need 2 more than the defender to be able to take them out. Bombardment costs 1 army to remove 1 defender. All you need is one more than the defender to turn it neutral.

The webmaster is basically the ONLY one doing any kind of updates/fixes to the site (Besides blakebowling). You do know how hard it is to juggle his real life (Which happens to be a bit busy), with one on here? Don't expect updates to come pumping into the site until he can find a full time Web Developer.

I personally think there are better options than this one too. I've never supported this suggestion.
Sergeant TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Rejected Suggestions