Max number of troops on each territory....

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Max number of troops on each territory....

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue May 19, 2009 8:31 pm

And not if they can only drop 1/10 of that "big cash".

Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby kcoenich on Tue May 19, 2009 11:57 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:And not if they can only drop 1/10 of that "big cash".

exactly... so, in escalating games, if someone changes a big set it doesn't mean he's won the game and thats it (can be annoying that this person would only have one territory left or so... and after the change he wins...), unless he has enough territories to deploy all of the troops or most of them... now, if you have enough territories to do so, you've got to be playing well with a good strategy, and luck of course, so you deserve to win. and if you don't have the territories, well you still get the chance to recover or get competitive with, lets say the "leaders" of the game....
nacho_kcoenich
Ich bin ein Gladiator of Sport!!
Cadet kcoenich

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby firsal901 on Sat May 23, 2009 3:51 am

the troops will be lost !! :(
that means
no more putting a cash in of 1000 troops in territory to win a game
no more turning of tides from the sergant to the cook due to big cashes
no more masive comebacks from big cashes
no more 69vs38 that could win games for newbies that haven't won a game

this rule CANNOT HAPPEN!!!!!!

sorry i posted late just saw kcoenich's post a few day ago :)

They hate you as much as you hate them
Cook firsal901

Postby kcoenich on Sat May 23, 2009 2:11 pm

how often does a change for a 1000 troops happen?? or a 100? I dont know... I'm sure its pretty rare... and you can make comebacks, they actually turn much better...imagine a comeback made from 3 territories to win a continent and screw the ones dominating adjacent continets... setting the conditions that wont allow anyone else to win but you...

you can win any game... dice are random. so in theory you can win any attack, and if you want to make a 40 or 70 troop attack, you can do so, attacking from more than one territory, and yeah... troops will be lost only if you cant put them in your territs... that of course makes you want to hold enough territs, and become more dinamic on games.

welcome to the post by the way... thanks for giving your opinion.
nacho_kcoenich
Cadet kcoenich

Postby kcoenich on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Would like the opinion of more people about this option...
nacho_kcoenich
Cadet kcoenich

Postby firsal901 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:22 am

well,

not many people look at forums anymore but anyway ...................

typing 100 in my last post here was an exaguration

and sorry for the mistake
Cook firsal901

Postby kcoenich on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:26 pm

jajaj a, guess you're right... jaja

sucks that no one looks anything....

usually happens... one more zero wont change the point.. jaja
nacho_kcoenich
Cadet kcoenich

Limit of twelve armies per territory

Postby zodiak on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:27 pm

Concise description:This would be based on the old "Advance" rules of Risk.A limit of twelve armies on any territory.

Specifics:According to the old rules no more than twelve armies may be present on a territory at any one time.To compensate for the obvious advantage of the defender the attacker may turn their lowest rolled die to a six once during their turn.They may also re-roll their lowest die if they possess the card of the territory they are attacking from or to.Also adjacent re-enforcement could not be used,chained is best but unlimited could also be used.Flat rate or no spoils is also best,escalating matches could not be used.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:This would add a more strategic option to the already great list.Players would have to build reserves behind their front lines in order to back up an attack.They would also have to attack at a certain point or lose re-enforcements because of a lack of space.There would also be no really bad place to begin because you can sit on a match and build up for attacks.Decisions could not be made lightly making this strategic option more appealing to better players and limiting the damage a "newbie" can cause.

Respectfully

zodiak
Sergeant zodiak

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Limit of twelve armies per territory

Postby haggispittjr on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:38 pm

i like the site the way it is, and im sure the majoraty agree's with me.
Lieutenant haggispittjr

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Thezzaruz on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:15 pm

zodiak wrote:To compensate for the obvious advantage of the defender the attacker may turn their lowest rolled die to a six once during their turn.They may also re-roll their lowest die if they possess the card of the territory they are attacking from or to.

Quite sure that neither of those will be implemented any time soon (thankfully).

Was a thread a while ago about a similar suggestion. I thought is was a crap idea then just as now but here you go -> clicky here to find it.

haggispittjr wrote:i like the site the way it is, and im sure the majoraty agree's with me.

Actually I'm quite sure that the majority have some detail they want changed. ;) O:) ;)
But I agree, don't think thee are many that want this to be the detail changed.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby 40kguy on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:33 pm

like the site the way it is
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Sergeant 1st Class 40kguy

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby jefjef on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:50 pm

No thank you.
Colonel jefjef

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby zodiak on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:44 pm

lol...first of all this was not a suggestion to change the game at all,just suggesting an option to play a rules variation based on Advance rules of risk.Sorry i didn't make it clearer.
Sergeant zodiak

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)

Postby haggispittjr on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:37 pm

so were going to add a "max 12 armies" option? i just realy think the site is better off.
Lieutenant haggispittjr

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Little Witt on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:46 pm

that wouldn't work for some maps like City Mogul AoR 1 2 & 3 and some more maps, And the game would last for ever if this made it threw and made a update and what would happen if some on was playing a esc game and they turned in a set and the troop number was at 65 they had 12 on all of there territory's what could they do with there troops they had to deploy?

Little Witt :ugeek:
Sergeant Little Witt

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby zodiak on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:26 pm

Little Witt wrote:that wouldn't work for some maps like City Mogul AoR 1 2 & 3 and some more maps, And the game would last for ever if this made it threw and made a update and what would happen if some on was playing a esc game and they turned in a set and the troop number was at 65 they had 12 on all of there territory's what could they do with there troops they had to deploy?

Little Witt :ugeek:

yeah it would only work on land maps,and would take awhile to play.esc wouldn't be an option for this variation as i stated in the opening post.

oh well,just thought i'd try because i used to love playing by these rules,and i'm getting tired of clueless players knocking me out of games early because they start an all out war for a region within the first few turns basically eliminating both of us.

thanks for input everyone,i can see it will go nowhere
Sergeant zodiak

Postby vodean on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:04 am

maybe when you create the game, it could be an optioon called: strange, or does not work
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Bones2484 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:23 am

zodiak wrote:To compensate for the obvious advantage of the defender

I stopped reading right around this line. The defender does not have an advantage if you are rolling 3 dice.
Major Bones2484

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby Kotaro on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 am

3 dice, 6x6x6, 216 rolling combination's.
2 dice, 36 different combination's.

Ties go to defender, only 2 dice count total.

Also, if we do this, what happens to this game?
Game 5408994
Highest Rank = 2048Image
Kotaro Fuma, The Terror of Death
Private Kotaro

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby Timminz on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:29 am

I recall trying a game with those stipulations (the 12-army limit) once. It was not very fun.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Major Timminz

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby zodiak on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Bones2484 wrote:

I stopped reading right around this line. The defender does not have an advantage if you are rolling 3 dice.

well with 12 attacking 12 the defender would not be outnumbered and would be at better advantage,and with 3 die they still do since they win ties....duh
Sergeant zodiak

Postby Timminz on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:29 pm

zodiak wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

well with 12 attacking 12 the defender would not be outnumbered and would be at better advantage,and with 3 die they still do since they win ties....duh

False. 12 on 12, is almost exactly where the overall odds of the attacker winning the battle go above 50%. This suggestion, if implemented, would actually reduce the attacker's advantage, as the bigger the number of troops are, the more of an advantage the attacker has.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Major Timminz

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby zodiak on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Timminz wrote:
zodiak wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

False. 12 on 12, is almost exactly where the overall odds of the attacker winning the battle go above 50%. This suggestion, if implemented, would actually reduce the attacker's advantage, as the bigger the number of troops are, the more of an advantage the attacker has.

Read the post again,the defender would have better odds because the attacker could not stack up and attack with a 2-1 or 3-1 advantage.You just disagreed then agreed with the fact that the attacker was at a disadvantage to the defender.

Like i said i was just hoping for a rules variation option involving more strategy,but i guess it would be too involved for this game site and so far not very popular tho most seem not to understand the idea,my fault most likely .
Sergeant zodiak

Postby zodiak on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:43 pm

vodean wrote:maybe when you create the game, it could be an optioon called: strange, or does not work

LMAO,sorry your not familiar with this rules variation which is not my original idea,but was in the rule book in an 80's release of the board game.

At least have a clue before you attempt to insult someone.
Sergeant zodiak

Postby ubersky on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:51 pm

Conquerclub had a board game in the 80's? Sweet! I'm checking eBay!
Lieutenant ubersky

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Rejected Suggestions