Eliminate Deferred Troops [REJECTED]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Re: Eliminate deferred troops on first turn only

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:10 pm

So, this is now a GD thread about everyone's different thoughts on deferred troops? I should have known better to start a suggestion with "deferred troops" in the title. To be fair, at the time I was under the impression that this forum mattered.
Major drunkmonkey

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Woodruff wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:Some 'sucker' joins thinking he can go first on a map where it makes a big difference. Oh no he's not because you just miss the manual deploy of 0 troops and end up going first yourself.

I was under the impression that if you miss the manual deployment phase, those troops are lost permanently...that's not the case?

City Mogul has no troops to deploy from my knowledge. It's classified as a "Starting Position" map in the XML, so the troops you are going to deploy are already there, so in the first round, when you press Begin Turn, it asks you to end your turn due to no troops being able to be deployed.

A few maps run like this, such as Lunar War
Lieutenant TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Woodruff on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:08 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:Some 'sucker' joins thinking he can go first on a map where it makes a big difference. Oh no he's not because you just miss the manual deploy of 0 troops and end up going first yourself.

I was under the impression that if you miss the manual deployment phase, those troops are lost permanently...that's not the case?

City Mogul has no troops to deploy from my knowledge. It's classified as a "Starting Position" map in the XML, so the troops you are going to deploy are already there, so in the first round, when you press Begin Turn, it asks you to end your turn due to no troops being able to be deployed.

Ah, gotcha...I hadn't thought of that. So then my impression is correct for the most part?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

no reffered troops

Postby BoyWonder on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:50 pm

sorry to say but I reakon reffered troops is a stupied idea I mean when deadbeats miss turns do you think they should still get troops from turns they coundnt be bothered to play. :shock:

also it can work out as advantages in classic games making themselfs look weak then smashing everything in one round its disgusting :sick: :sick:

it is encouraging people to miss turns :cry:

so others have to wait ages :(

but if it was done earlyer :o :o it shall be a lot better for people with high attendance who dont need sneaky tactics to win =D>

boywonder :D
Cadet BoyWonder

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: no reffered troops

Postby sensfan on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:05 pm

ok firstly, smilies are kreeping me out. this has been suggested before, but i dont know why i hasnt been eliminated.

but whats your alternative BoyWonder?

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (1)

Postby MNDuke on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Two questions:

1. Who is referring the troops?

2. Where or what are they being referred to or for?
Sergeant MNDuke

Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (17)

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:08 pm

MNDuke wrote:Two questions:

1. Who is referring the troops?

2. Where or what are they being referred to or for?

I wish to refer this to an independent adjudicator!
Colonel Royal Panda

Medals: 129
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (23)

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:36 pm

This has been suggested before, please do a little research before you post a suggestion.

Previously on CC....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=122134&hilit=deferred+troops
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
Lieutenant IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Medals: 105
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Postby greenoaks on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 pm

BoyWonder wrote:sorry to say but I reakon reffered troops is a stupied idea I mean when deadbeats miss turns do you think they should still get troops from turns they coundnt be bothered to play. :shock:

deadbeats do not miss turns & they don't get any troops because they have already been booted from the game

however i do think it would be fun to get reefered troops
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:41 pm

greenoaks wrote:
BoyWonder wrote:sorry to say but I reakon reffered troops is a stupied idea I mean when deadbeats miss turns do you think they should still get troops from turns they coundnt be bothered to play. :shock:

deadbeats do not miss turns & they don't get any troops because they have already been booted from the game

however i do think it would be fun to get reefered troops

Sometimes, I suspect my dice are reefered.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

missing turns

Postby chevy1269 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:48 pm

i have noticed in a lot of games i have been playing that opponents are missing alot of turns just to gain massive armies to win game this needs to be changed there should be a limit to armies that you get after missing a turn or 2

thanks chevy1269
Sergeant 1st Class chevy1269

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: missing turns

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:14 pm

chevy1269 wrote:i have noticed in a lot of games i have been playing that opponents are missing alot of turns just to gain massive armies to win game this needs to be changed there should be a limit to armies that you get after missing a turn or 2

thanks chevy1269

They don't get any more armies than they would have if they played their turns. You only get deferred what you missed. So if you were supposed to get 3 troops in Round X but missed, the next turn you'd have 3 troops to deploy after you finished attacking. They don't gain anything from missing turns.

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby chevy1269 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:09 pm

so what im saying is this if you miss a turn and you were getting 8 armies and then miss anthor turn and get 8 thats 16 = the 8 thats 24 armies going down at onne time and i see it alot. and you cant fight that many they also turned in sets too when they come back from there 2 turn vacation from the game.
Sergeant 1st Class chevy1269

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:03 pm

chevy1269 wrote:so what im saying is this if you miss a turn and you were getting 8 armies and then miss anthor turn and get 8 thats 16 = the 8 thats 24 armies going down at onne time and i see it alot. and you cant fight that many they also turned in sets too when they come back from there 2 turn vacation from the game.

that is not what he is saying

he said you get the 16 after you have taken your turn

as for the cards if they come back and cash then they could have cashed earlier. you have the advantage by getting 2 extra turns to prepare for them
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:17 pm

greenoaks wrote:
chevy1269 wrote:so what im saying is this if you miss a turn and you were getting 8 armies and then miss anthor turn and get 8 thats 16 = the 8 thats 24 armies going down at onne time and i see it alot. and you cant fight that many they also turned in sets too when they come back from there 2 turn vacation from the game.

that is not what he is saying

he said you get the 16 after you have taken your turn

as for the cards if they come back and cash then they could have cashed earlier. you have the advantage by getting 2 extra turns to prepare for them

Exactly. They easily could have done this IF they played their turn. Just deployed their "8" all 3 turns. Viola! 24 troops.

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:04 am

greenoaks wrote:as for the cards if they come back and cash then they could have cashed earlier. you have the advantage by getting 2 extra turns to prepare for them

You forgot to mention that if they have a set after missing two turns they would not have received any cards for their missed turns, which is a disadvantage also.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (12)

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:00 am

Seems like lots of players are concerned about the missed turn benefit. Perhaps someone in Canada could take note.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:01 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:Seems like lots of players are concerned about the missed turn benefit. Perhaps someone in Canada could take note.

Also seems like more players explaining how it is not a benefit.

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:32 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:Seems like lots of players are concerned about the missed turn benefit. Perhaps someone in Canada could take note.

Other than the fact that it's not a benefit, you mean?

Postby Darwins_Bane on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Sorry, there are several disadvantages as it is when missing a turn. I don't think that the deferred armies will change anytime soon. On another note, if you break his bonus, then he wont receive the deferred troops for it when his next turn rolls around. Moving torejected.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Casual games and missed turns

Postby 69er on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Please put an end to this rediculous reward. If a player signs up to play a casual game, and can't take his/her turn within 24 hours they should not be rewarded deferred troops. This has now become a strategy for some players! It needs to stop!
Sergeant 69er

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Casual games and missed turns

Postby pascalleke on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:40 pm

69er wrote:Please put an end to this rediculous reward. If a player signs up to play a casual game, and can't take his/her turn within 24 hours they should not be rewarded deferred troops. This has now become a strategy for some players! It needs to stop!

=D> i agree :!:
Major pascalleke
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby 40kguy on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:06 pm

why? i love when they miss there turns in my games because i play city mougal and you dont get you auto deploys when they miss there turns so they lose at least 50 troops.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Sergeant 1st Class 40kguy

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby squishyg on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:15 pm

It's not really a reward, in games with auto deploy or lots of territories you usually end up losing out on troops when you miss a turn. I miss the occassional turn and have only rarely benefited from the deferred troops.
Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby owenshooter on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:41 pm

69er wrote:Please put an end to this rediculous reward. If a player signs up to play a casual game, and can't take his/her turn within 24 hours they should not be rewarded deferred troops. This has now become a strategy for some players! It needs to stop!

maybe this would do better in the suggestions forum...-the black jesus
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
Captain owenshooter

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions