Eliminate Deferred Troops [REJECTED]

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Differed Troops.

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:48 pm

And my argument is that missing a turn is punishment enough. There already is a deterrent. One less turn to attack, retake bonuses, capture spoils, and reinforce. This is a form of cyber-bullying. It transitions cc from a casual game, which I love, to a hardcore game, which I hate.

I may not have played arms race with my family, but I have played many more evolved forms of risk. Creating different boards and rules to play by was pretty much my entire childhood. Never mind the even more evolved games, such as Third Reich, Axis and Allies, Soldier Emperor etc. Playing on CC is a devolution, not an evolution.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby MNDuke on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:44 am

Missing your turn is technically not a punishment. It i a n action and the consequence/punishment would be losing deferments if the game creator so chose that option. Once again the topic is the option of turning deferred troops on/off. By allowing this option, deferred troops would still exist. As mentioned, just because you like having deferred troops available, doesn't mean that others shouldn't be allowed to have the option to turn them on/off. On the original board game, there is no such thing as Fog of war, so should that option be eliminated as well? Humor me and lets say you don't like fog. Would it be right then to say that all games should be sunny just because you don't like fog of war? Should we take that option away from people because of your personal preference? That's essentially what we are talking about here, except replace fog with deferred troops.
Sergeant MNDuke

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (14)

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:33 pm

The difference is that this option is taking away a fundamental right: the right to have deployed troops proportionally distributed to all players in the game.

It's the CC equivalent of clean water.
show

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)

Postby MNDuke on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:52 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:The difference is that this option is taking away a fundamental right: the right to have deployed troops proportionally distributed to all players in the game.

It's the CC equivalent of clean water.

If you miss your turn you are waiving that right. You are saying I don't care and my drop at this time isn't important. I'll just come back and I'll have my troops waiting for me later. You should not be rewarded for such behavior or at the very least, the option to turn off deferred troops should be permitted for those who feel that way. Not every one thinks deferred troops are a right. We are arguing the option for all, not the personal opinion of one, which you fail to see.
Sergeant MNDuke

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (14)

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:35 am

Ok. I hereby drop down from double disapproval of this suggestion to single disapproval.
show

Postby MNDuke on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:46 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok. I hereby drop down from double disapproval of this suggestion to single disapproval.

What does that mean?
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:13 am

MNDuke wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Ok. I hereby drop down from double disapproval of this suggestion to single disapproval.

What does that mean?

It means I support the option you are referring to, but I still disagree with the spelling.
show

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:21 am

My thoughts behind this thread is that it would stop the unbalance of when people miss a turn, get 3 extra troops next turn, then overpower you and win.
highscore
Lieutenant crazymilkshake5

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (17) General Contribution (3)

Postby jefjef on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:48 am

crazymilkshake5 wrote:My thoughts behind this thread is that it would stop the unbalance of when people miss a turn, get 3 extra troops next turn, then overpower you and win.

Deferred troops in team games are often game changers - especially when round 1 turns are missed.. The offender appears and drops a pile on his pard giving him a nice pile to work with. It does at times reward a team to miss a turn in some games on some maps with some drops.

Deferred needs to go - specifically for team games. It can completely skew/change the game.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby jgordon1111 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:32 am

jefjef wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:My thoughts behind this thread is that it would stop the unbalance of when people miss a turn, get 3 extra troops next turn, then overpower you and win.

Deferred troops in team games are often game changers - especially when round 1 turns are missed.. The offender appears and drops a pile on his pard giving him a nice pile to work with. It does at times reward a team to miss a turn in some games on some maps with some drops.

Deferred needs to go - specifically for team games. It can completely skew/change the game.

+1
Sergeant jgordon1111

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Deffered Troops.

Postby chapcrap on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Almost got the spelling right...

I think that this is the best option for them: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=166816
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby MNDuke on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:32 am

jefjef wrote:

I don't think deferred troops need to go necessarily. That is a bit extreme or rash, but the option to make them disappear is a damn good solution. I have been saying this for a long time, and still am scratching my head as to why this hasn't happened already.

Likes Chapscraps I would also be in favor of this https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=166816 as an alternative.
Sergeant MNDuke

Remove Defferred Troops

Postby Robert The Red on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:19 pm

I think it is wrong that someone who misses a turn should get the reinforcements on their following turn, I believe that some use this tacticaly and i think that it would motivate people not to miss their turns.

Robert The Red
Sergeant 1st Class Robert The Red

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: Missed turn rule.

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Already been discussed a lot. This will not happen.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Missed turn rule.

Postby squishyg on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:27 pm

You're right, some do use this as a strategy. But conquer club is a casual gaming site that welcomes laid back players who might not log on multiple times per day.

If you feel someone is purposely missing turns to gain an advantage, rate them accordingly and/or foe and move on.
Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Rejected Suggestions