Place an "Average Wait Time" on each persons wall[Poll]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Should we place an Average Wait Time on each person's wall?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes : 31

Postby Soloman on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:54 pm

bad idea not in concept but in application and the resolution from what I can see is in the works with the ability to adjust game turn timers which would make such a feature pointless and be much more effective for real time games and making sure they are played as specified and fairly
You Have 2 choices,You can either Agree With Me or Be Wrong!!! http://www.myspace.com/solomanthewise http://360.yahoo.com/bolar35
Sergeant Soloman

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby MIV on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:22 am

Genghis Khan CA wrote:The figure will not make sense - it does not take into account that someone may be slow when playing non-RT but fast when playing RT, or that someone may take turns slower or quicker on weekends, evenings or at work. I mean, even if someone has an average turn speed of 30 mins, this is very quick in a normal game, but very slow in RT. Almost everyone will have average turn speeds in hours - how does this show that someone will play good RT?

If you are interested in RT only, I don't think you will get a lot of benefit out of this, and you may exclude players who play good RT based on a nonsensical statistic.

Exactly. This is irrelevant concerning RT games and that is the exact point. For me it is impossible to play RT games, but I am usually very quick at playing my turns in non-RT games.
Captain MIV

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby MIV on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:32 am

Soloman wrote:bad idea not in concept but in application and the resolution from what I can see is in the works with the ability to adjust game turn timers which would make such a feature pointless and be much more effective for real time games and making sure they are played as specified and fairly

I sort of agree, but RT is as I said not an option for me. Setting a shorter timer for non-RT game would increase the amount of missed turns and would certainly not be an option because of the tie zone issue.

Of course players should be allowed the usual 24h. What I am aiming at is an indicator (or prerquisite) for me when joining games that the other players are in general fast (or has the intention to be). I've lately been playing several games in which I take my turn within 30min and the other part spends close to 24h.

And when the average time per turn closes in on 24h., the time zone issue is no longer relevant (agreed). Then you're dealing with a person capable of playing the turn within hours. (It's the same time of the day 24h. later). Of course no player can be forced to take turns more rapidly and that is not my intention.

When joining games I've from time to time been told that the game is a "RT" game. Some times I've backed out and some times I am in. I could start private games and before letting people in, cheque theire avrage turn time manually :)

Not a big issue, really.
Captain MIV

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Ehriggn on Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:58 am

I really really like the idea, I'd check that stat anytime I joined an open game, I'd also like to see a missed turns tally too
Lieutenant Ehriggn

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:50 am

MIV wrote:
max is gr8 wrote:That should only be for games that are rts (I.E. when rt games come in)
I can't help it if someone thinks that I should play the second after they play

Then, if you are "slow" you are simply not allowed in on a game with such a prerequisite. Sorry!

I never said that I joined rt games and played slow I'm saying any gamein the public area is publicly open if I don't know it's an rt it's tough luck on them
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Postby MIV on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:07 am

max is gr8 wrote:
MIV wrote:
max is gr8 wrote:That should only be for games that are rts (I.E. when rt games come in)
I can't help it if someone thinks that I should play the second after they play

Then, if you are "slow" you are simply not allowed in on a game with such a prerequisite. Sorry!

I never said that I joined rt games and played slow I'm saying any gamein the public area is publicly open if I don't know it's an rt it's tough luck on them

No problem:
Here's a game I hate, but there's nothing I can do about it and everyone in the game is following the rules/guidlines and no player is missing turns. So there it is: http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=311856

I am going to deadbeat in this game and I've said so in the chat. Had the stats I've suggested been available, I would never have joined. I would have known ahead I couldn't finish the game. (Perhaps I will die anyway before I deadbeat. I've played very aggresively to manage to end the game before I deadbeat).

Average time / turn:
My Team: 1,45 h/turn and 1,65 h/turn
Other Team: 16,4 h/turn and 16,0 h/turn

Time zone issue? - Nope, not the answer.

Of course there's no way I (or anyone else) can demand these players play any faster. I guess they're not doing this on purpose to deatbeat me so I guess it's their general way of playing and the stats would have shown me. -- Thus not the game for me join.

Other way around. I start a public game - but with a limitation - it is only open to players with an average turn time less than x h/turn. I do not believe the time zone issue in general would be a large problem. It could become an issue for some spesific players, living in less populated time zones :wink:
Captain MIV

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:39 am

I take it you don't listen a game that is not private should be expected to be played 1 turn every 24 hours. Most people only log-in for 2 hours and when their over they log off If they log off 5 mins before it's their turn it's not their fault.
Some people log-in evry 12 hours but struggle for access at the weekend
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby MIV on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:55 am

I listen. Sure I do, but ..
a game that is not private should be expected to be played 1 turn every 24 hours
is not a fact as such.

The game as it is to day, works this way and I agree, should work this way - for those who want it.

If you (or someone else) doesn't want to play a game in which the intention is to play a bit faster, althougn not RT, no one will be forcing you.

Most people only log-in for 2 hours and when their over they log off If they log off 5 mins before it's their turn it's not their fault.

Exactly, and here's a system that allow these players to match up and those other maniacs, like my self, to find each other. The system as it works to day leaves you at risk of playing a game with me. No one benefits from that. That is if you don't get a kick out of prolonging games against other players will?
Captain MIV

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:02 am

You should create private games then you'll be happy you only invite people who you know play quickly
It isn't a need other features deserve to come first
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby joeyjordison on Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:12 pm

wouldn't really work. say i go to bed and i don't have any turns to take then some1 takes their turn and its mine. its then 12 hours till i can take my turns... it just wouldn't work. sometimes this happens on every turn in a game because of time zones as said before
Major joeyjordison

Medals: 2
Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby MIV on Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:51 pm

joeyjordison wrote:wouldn't really work. say i go to bed and i don't have any turns to take then some1 takes their turn and its mine. its then 12 hours till i can take my turns... it just wouldn't work. sometimes this happens on every turn in a game because of time zones as said before

You guys are making the time zone issue way larger than it is. I bet I'd keep my average time down to less than 10 h / turn even if I played the absolutly worst thinkable games with players deliberately "setting me up", lol.

The issue is not time zones, but the style of playing. Say a player takes part in 10 games. In average all those "fast" games with suitable time zones would make a much larger impact. Why?

Look at the slow game I was reffering to. How many round is that? 6! rounds and we are now 1 day short of a week in a 4! player game where 92% of the time is spent by 2 players.

Well even if this was a time zone issue .. guess what, these players have played 6 turns (if they really are a bit faster, but happends to sleep 16h / day exactly at the wrong time, and at various times .. yes even then), they will in those other say 10 games have played 3 times as many turns in every one of those, so theire averages becomes 2,4 h / turn instead of 2, because of this unlucky game.

.. however the topic isn't a great priority of mine. The lacking validity of the counter arguments, is however :wink:
Captain MIV

Postby MIV on Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:56 pm

max is gr8 wrote:You should create private games then you'll be happy you only invite people who you know play quickly
It isn't a need other features deserve to come first

.. first I need a premium membership . ok I've got that, but I find it fair others have the same oportunity.

.. and guess what they allready do .. in these public games you claim as a fact are open to players spending 24 h / turn.

.. well not really, the ignore function allows the same "discrimination" of slow players to occour, but hidden. You'll never know why you weren't able to join the game someone invited you to. You can't even see it is there, because I've joined it and because I think you are to slow you are on my ignore list.

I'm cutting it on the edge here of course.
Captain MIV

Postby Aries on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:12 pm

Quite a grand idea ol' chap :D I'll put it on Lack's to-do list, considering I'm a mod 8)
Lieutenant Aries

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby hecter on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:14 pm

Aries wrote:Quite a grand idea ol' chap :D I'll put it on Lack's to-do list, considering I'm a mod 8)

Aries, I'm closer to being a mod than you are.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Aries on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:17 pm

I don't spam as much as you. *thpppppppptttttttttt!!*

But I will someday 8)

And I am a mod, I'll even quote Lack:

lackattack wrote: Aries, you are now a mod!
Lieutenant Aries

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby hecter on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:23 pm

Really? Cause I found this…
lackattack wrote::lol: I just told Aries that he could be a mod. Poor bastard doesn't know that I want to ban him :lol: :idea: I know! I'll take away all but one of his points! :D O and hecter, my king, I'll try to make Spamalot official soon okay :D

Good thing that I managed to convince him not to ban you, or to take away any of your points. But, I am sorry, you're still not mod.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Postby Aries on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:28 pm

Look, I have proof he said that, even have the link right here:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15692&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

What you said was just made up, everyone knows that, but I have proof! :D
Lieutenant Aries

Postby hecter on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:34 pm

Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Aries on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:38 pm

Exactly, he just admitted that Lack made me a mod! He said my proof looks nicer, as in of my proof, and he just made it look nicer :D
Lieutenant Aries

Postby AK_iceman on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:40 pm

Spam in the off-topics, but keep it out of the suggestions forum.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

Average time per turn (suggestion)

Postby Dwayne on Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:00 pm

I'd like to see how long, on average, it takes a users to take a turn. I'd also like to be able to look at a game I want to join and see the cumulative average time each round is expected to take if alls players hold to their average per round. I know the casual games are 24 hours,per turn, but geez, if there are 6 player and 4 of them always take the full 24 hours I get bored.
Lieutenant Dwayne

Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby mitchmitch11 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:49 pm

good idea but if that is too hard then at least the guy who makes the league should be able to set the amount of time per turn. Like from 10-24hours that way people who still want a quick game can pay for the 5 minute game. But it will speed up all the games a little at least.
Corporal mitchmitch11

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby walkingpligrim on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:25 am

Yes we need 12 hour turn Games
Corporal walkingpligrim

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)

Re: Average time per turn (suggestion)

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:27 am

Dwayne wrote:,......... but geez, if there are 6 player and 4 of them always take the full 24 hours I get bored.

then get primiun and either play in as many games as you liek, or set only private games with people who do not take 24 hours to play

just a remainder, but some people actually need to sleep, so a 12 hour turn is way to likely to conflict with real life
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Geoff_with_a_G on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:50 am

walkingpligrim wrote:Yes we need 12 hour turn Games

12 hours turns would cause a lot more players to accidentally miss their turns if the players are in very diffferent time zones - like on the other side of the wold
Captain Geoff_with_a_G

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions