Conquer Club

CC should bring back to feedback

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

What would you like the ratting system to be?

Keep it as the current ratting system.
13%
Add a feedback option to the existing ratting system.
47%
Return to just feedback.
40%

Total votes : 30

CC should bring back to feedback

Postby haha on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:09 pm

i think jiminsk has a good solution
HAHA

jiminski wrote:Community Moderated Feedback

Concise description:

Running alongside the rating system, allow users to write a comment (in a similar way to the old system.)
    The option would be given at the end of a game.
    Once the comment is completed, the text is forwarded to the recipient User for approval.
    if they do not approve, the comment automatically goes to either an Open Forum or Special Usergroup for adjudication (*see below for 'Forum' Description)

Specifics:

The proposal gives ability, to all users, to add a comment at the end of a game.
    They have 24 hours to make comment on any game/player (with game-link if it regards a specific game)
    Once the 24 hours has expired no more comments can be made and the respective comments are sent directly to the recipients for approval (this will prevent retaliatory feedback)

Feedback sent for approval to the recipient via an automatic pop-up box which appears at log-in, 24 hours after game completion.
Then it is just a matter of clicking :-
    'yes' - thus agreeing to allow the feedback to enter into your profile
    'no' - thus sending the feedback to the community arbitration forum
    'ask me later' - the box goes away till next time you log-in

Feedback can be composed of anything:
    - Comment on skill and tactics
    - It could be a friendly piece of prose for mutual enjoyment!

The Comment is then made available to the recipient for approval prior to it being logged into their profile. They have 5 days to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’. If they fail to vote the comment will be entered into their profile.
In special cases, live Comments can be taken back to the Forum for adjudication; to cover people going away and missing the right to veto.

If they say ‘yes’, they have approved the comment and it will also be logged into their profile.

If they say ‘no’, not approved, the Comment goes for arbitration by the Site in the Contentious Comment Forum. (The rules of approval need to be worked out but will mainly cover outright spiteful lies and abusive language!)

Arbitration is made by CC members: the make-up and remit of which is to be discussed;
It could be:
    A) Open to all members, with a pre-forum link to the Moderation 'Forum', on the Front page after login. This will encourage those who do not normally visit the Forums to participate! *or
    B) Closed select group of non-mod volunteers

Non English Comments under Open Moderation (option (A) above)
We have all of the Individual Language Forums; with varying levels of populations.
therefore we could include a select box for the destination page for each Language Moderation as sent by the recipient of the queried comment. (each Forum has it's own little Community Mod thread to vote in)
Of course if the population is small then the number of votes for passing it as acceptable would be far fewer than in the main English language forum.

Why will this work where the other failed?

- The proposed system does not affect your Pos or Neg Rating, so it will be less contentious.
    - The recipient gets immediate right to take contentious Comments to the Community for adjudication of fairness and suitability, before anyone else sees it in their Profile.
    - If the Comments are judged by the whole site (with say 100 votes giving a judgement on 95% agreement**) on a casual anonymous basis, there is no one to shout at, no focal figure to hate.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:

Gives opportunity to write creative, fun prose
    Allows for people to comment on a persons Skill and be more specific about the experience
    Could be integrated with the old style system to placate the dissenters, without the site having to commit people and resources

*This is participatory Forum but with anonymous perusal and voting only. The comment Forum is 'ironically' not a place for discussion by the voters.
So there will be no canvassing for support or bitching, it is simply a place to read and click 'yes' or 'no'.

**A ceiling of votes needed to constitute an authoritative decision! For example, we could set the limit at 100 votes with 95% approval to make it a live comment.
Last edited by haha on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Brigadier haha

Re: CC should bring back to feedback

Postby karel on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:11 pm

wonder what lack or andy think about it,wonder if one of them will make a post about,be nice to hear their view on this
Private 1st Class karel

Postby chapcrap on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:48 pm

I think this would need a lot more support before it came back.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Symmetry on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm all for it- the rating stars are a pain. What constitutes a negative rating? What's average? Generally a 3 star rating is considered bad, but surely that could be considered an average rating.

The pressure is there to give a five star rating if you enjoyed playing, a very low rating if you feel you had a bad experience, or not to rate at all. How do you rate a player on attitude who plays well every turn, and does so quickly, but doesn't respond to a simple "hi" in game chat. It's not exactly five star attitude, but you shouldn't be dropping their ratings, which are a weird amalgam of "Fair Play", "Gameplay" and "Attitude".

The labels are even weirder.

I treasure my old feedback- they really remind of the games and the players I played against.

As a suggestion, I would say that if the stars are here to stay, then get rid of the tags and allow comments.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby haha on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Symmetry wrote:I'm all for it- the rating stars are a pain. What constitutes a negative rating? What's average? Generally a 3 star rating is considered bad, but surely that could be considered an average rating.

The pressure is there to give a five star rating if you enjoyed playing, a very low rating if you feel you had a bad experience, or not to rate at all. How do you rate a player on attitude who plays well every turn, and does so quickly, but doesn't respond to a simple "hi" in game chat. It's not exactly five star attitude, but you shouldn't be dropping their ratings, which are a weird amalgam of "Fair Play", "Gameplay" and "Attitude".

I treasure my old feedback- they really remind of the games and the players I played against.

As a suggestion, I would say that if the stars are here to stay, then get rid of the tags and allow comments.

yes that's what Iwas saying a combination of both the stars and the feedback would be the best of both world. I would think it would be similar to the 4 word you can leave only a sentence or more giving allowing you to explain either something good, bad or neutral.
HAHA
Brigadier haha

Postby army of nobunaga on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:49 pm

of all the things you guys could complain about.. this is weak..

who cares. I never leave or read feedback, have not in years except for here and there.

I am not the only one. Feedback is irrelevant for those that play more than 6 matches a week.

Make feedback worth something.... but just to add comments? lol, I would play you fuckers just so I could flame you on comments with lies...
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Yes, they should bring it back, especially since I can't imagine it's very difficult to do.

Feedback was way better than the current system.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:44 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:of all the things you guys could complain about.. this is weak..

who cares. I never leave or read feedback, have not in years except for here and there.

I am not the only one. Feedback is irrelevant for those that play more than 6 matches a week.

Make feedback worth something.... but just to add comments? lol, I would play you fuckers just so I could flame you on comments with lies...

That's what made negative comments so fun you ass.

Bring back the feedback system, it was funner, and in a sense, more efficient. The rating system right now isn't really on par with anything...I feel like when I rate people, I rate them like I would a hotel or a girl. "Eh, she was a three at most...Burped alot"

The combo at least seems good. Something with a happy medium...I don't even see what th problem with the positive and negative scores were. (10-1...left postive amount, right negative) No one to my recollection has really compared on how that system worked at all until these god awful stars came out.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:40 pm

star ratings are the worst idea ever... incredibly easy to abuse, with no context to why you rate someone, with the exception of vague "tags"... if someone rates me poorly, that's great, but at least if they type it out, you understand where they're comin from.. and the reason this doesn't get the support it deserves, is that many new members were never exposed to it.. it would certainly cut down on all the rating abuse threads from the 1 star giver outers on this site... bring it back please...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:42 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:of all the things you guys could complain about.. this is weak..

week post.. if you don't like to give out ratings, that's fine.. neither do i, but not because i'm a sorry lazy scrub like you... I just don't like the current rating system..
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Symmetry wrote:I'm all for it- the rating stars are a pain. What constitutes a negative rating? What's average? Generally a 3 star rating is considered bad, but surely that could be considered an average rating.

perfect...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby tkr4lf on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:18 am

I never got to experience feedback, but I feel like it would be a much better system. At least then you could actually type out why you gave the rating you gave, instead of relying on the tags which are basically worthless.
Major tkr4lf

Postby pmchugh on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:55 am

Feedback was so much better. AON is just butthurt because his feedback is 0-1-1.

I still love looking back at the little feedback I have but I certainly don't give 2 shits about seeing, "5, 5, 5, Friendly, Good Strategy".
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby haha on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:16 pm

what will it take for this to be considered
HAHA
Brigadier haha

Postby redhawk92 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:17 pm

feed back just sounds better the rating system we have is a joke
Captain redhawk92

Postby haha on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:30 pm

for the people who voted for keep the ratting system as is could you share your opinion or are you just against the idea of more work?
HAHA
Brigadier haha

Postby jiminski on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:51 pm

I had a crack at this quite a whila ago .. i suspect you won't get far but in case my findings could be useful:

viewtopic.php?f=471&t=53597&hilit=community+feedback
Captain jiminski

Postby Fruitcake on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:21 pm

jiminski wrote:I had a crack at this quite a whila ago .. i suspect you won't get far but in case my findings could be useful:

I wondered if you would pitch up with that thread. A noble effort, sadly ignored.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby haha on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:35 pm

if the only problem is monitors i would be willing to volunteer some time to this
HAHA
Brigadier haha

Postby jiminski on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:22 am

Fruitcake wrote:
jiminski wrote:I had a crack at this quite a whila ago .. i suspect you won't get far but in case my findings could be useful:

I wondered if you would pitch up with that thread. A noble effort, sadly ignored.

Hello Mate, Indeed you can't keep a good obsessive compulsive down. the most striking thing was the time elapsed; nearly 4 years since i tugged-clean my last remaining follicle over this fated suggestion.
Captain jiminski

Postby zimmah on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:39 am

i started out giving 3 star (average) ratings to mostly everyone because i just thought it was average, until i noticed most everyone actually gave 5's so started to do the same. however basically everyone has a 4.5+ rating and only very few have a low rating, that even counts for regular deadbeaters. i have seen only a handfull of people with a rating below 4 and they are usually real idiots.

feedback system worked very well. anyone with a large amount of negatives compared to positives was avoided and generally if anyone had 3 or more bad ratings i'd always check to see why he got so many bad feedback.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:09 pm

zimmah wrote:

i started out giving 3 star (average) ratings to mostly everyone because i just thought it was average, until i noticed most everyone actually gave 5's so started to do the same. however basically everyone has a 4.5+ rating and only very few have a low rating, that even counts for regular deadbeaters. i have seen only a handfull of people with a rating below 4 and they are usually real idiots.

feedback system worked very well. anyone with a large amount of negatives compared to positives was avoided and generally if anyone had 3 or more bad ratings i'd always check to see why he got so many bad feedback.

The star system doesn't work in the way it's supposed to. It's a very poor way of judging fellow players.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby chapcrap on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Symmetry wrote:
zimmah wrote:

The star system doesn't work in the way it's supposed to. It's a very poor way of judging fellow players.

I give this post 5 stars.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jiminski on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Community Moderated Feedback

Concise description:

Running alongside the rating system, allow users to write a comment (in a similar way to the old system.)
    Once the comment is completed, the text is forwarded to the recipient User for approval.
    if they do not approve, the comment automatically goes to either an Open Forum or Special Usergroup for adjudication (*see below for 'Forum' Description)

Specifics:

The proposal gives ability, to all users, to add a comment at the end of a game.
    They have 24 hours to make comment on any game/player (with game-link if it regards a specific game)
    Once the 24 hours has expired no more comments can be made and the respective comments are sent directly to the recipients for approval (this will prevent retaliatory feedback)

Feedback sent for approval to the recipient via an automatic pop-up box which appears at log-in, 24 hours after game completion.

The Comment is then made available to the recipient for approval prior to it being logged into their profile. They have 5 days to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’. If they fail to vote the comment will be entered into their profile.
In special cases, live Comments can be taken back to the Forum for adjudication; to cover people going away and missing the right to veto.

If they say ‘yes’, they have approved the comment and it will also be logged into their profile.

If they say ‘no’, not approved, the Comment goes for arbitration by the Site in the Contentious Comment Forum. (The rules of approval need to be worked out but will mainly cover outright spiteful lies and abusive language!)

Arbitration is made by CC members: the make-up and remit of which is to be discussed;
It could be:
    A) Open to all members, with a pre-forum link to the Moderation 'Forum', on the Front page after login. This will encourage those who do not normally visit the Forums to participate! *or

We have all of the Individual Language Forums; with varying levels of populations.
therefore we could include a select box for the destination page for each Language Moderation as sent by the recipient of the queried comment. (each Forum has it's own little Community Mod thread to vote in)
Of course if the population is small then the number of votes for passing it as acceptable would be far fewer than in the main English language forum.

- The proposed system does not affect your Pos or Neg Rating, so it will be less contentious.
    - The recipient gets immediate right to take contentious Comments to the Community for adjudication of fairness and suitability, before anyone else sees it in their Profile.
    - If the Comments are judged by the whole site (with say 100 votes giving a judgement on 95% agreement**) on a casual anonymous basis, there is no one to shout at, no focal figure to hate.

Allows for people to comment on a persons Skill and be more specific about the experience
    Could be integrated with the old style system to placate the dissenters, without the site having to commit people and resources

*This is participatory Forum but with anonymous perusal and voting only. The comment Forum is 'ironically' not a place for discussion by the voters.
So there will be no canvassing for support or bitching, it is simply a place to read and click 'yes' or 'no'.

**A ceiling of votes needed to constitute an authoritative decision! For example, we could set the limit at 100 votes with 95% approval to make it a live comment.
Captain jiminski

Postby zimmah on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:19 pm

jiminski wrote:Community Moderated Feedback

Concise description:

Specifics:

It could be:

this solution is golden
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions