"Invade Game" Option

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

"Invade Game" Option

Postby everywhere116 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Concise description:
The ability to expand into alternate games if you find that yours has been bogged down.

Specifics/Details:
Once per game, if a player feels that his own game has bogged down and has extra troops but cannot expand, he may choose to invade the territory of another game from one of his territories, kind of like invading a parallel universe. Once this player defeats the armies of the same territory of the other game, he moves his attacking troops into the defending territory as normal. Once this occurs, his name is added to the player list of the second game and his troops may play as if he were a member of the game at the start. Both territories are considered to be adjacent until the invading player loses control of either territory. There are some rules and restrictions to this:

-A player may only invade another game that has the same number of players, map, turn-taking settings (freestyle or sequential), team status. (doubles, triples, etc.), and is at the same round or higher as the players home game.
-Concluded games cannot be invaded into or out of.
-A player may only invade from a public game to another public game.
-The invading player takes his turn on both maps at the same time, determined by when he takes his turn in his home game.
-The invading player cannot launch an invasion from a territory that boarders an enemy territory on his home board (neutrals are fine.)
-The invading player may not place reinforcements directly on the invaded board, but can reinforce his position through the territory that the invasion began from. All territories and continents held on either board count when determining reinforcements for the invading player.
-The invading player plays by the fog, reinforcement, and card rules of the host board when playing on that board, although he only keeps one set of cards, and can only gain one card per turn regardless of where the territory was taken from.
-If the original territory that the invader captures at the beginning of the invasion is taken, the link is broken and the player may no longer reinforce into the host board. The armies still on the board may still operate and possibly win the game for the invading player, although they lack a method for reinforcement.
-If the invading player manages eliminate every player on the host board, he or she wins half of the amount of points he would win from each player had he been there from the beginning. If the invading player is eliminated from the host board, he loses half the amount he would normally lose once the game on the host board has concluded.
-Each player may launch a cross-game invasion only once, and each game can only be invaded by one player and out of by one player at any time. (It is possible for a player to contend with an invading player on his home board while launching an invasion on another board.)

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Creating a release valve to loosen up bogged down games.
Help create a closer atmosphere and remove the walls of isolation between players.
Allow players to recreate the Oblivion Crisis. Doubly so if done on the Tamriel map.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
User avatar
Corporal everywhere116
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:37 am
Location: Somewhere on this big blue marble.
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:12 pm

everywhere116 wrote:Concise description:
The ability to expand into alternate games if you find that yours has been bogged down.

Specifics/Details:
Once per game, if a player feels that his own game has bogged down and has extra troops but cannot expand, he may choose to invade the territory of another game from one of his territories, kind of like invading a parallel universe. Once this player defeats the armies of the same territory of the other game, he moves his attacking troops into the defending territory as normal. Once this occurs, his name is added to the player list of the second game and his troops may play as if he were a member of the game at the start. Both territories are considered to be adjacent until the invading player loses control of either territory. There are some rules and restrictions to this:

-A player may only invade another game that has the same number of players, map, turn-taking settings (freestyle or sequential), team status. (doubles, triples, etc.), and is at the same round or higher as the players home game.
-Concluded games cannot be invaded into or out of.
-A player may only invade from a public game to another public game.
-The invading player takes his turn on both maps at the same time, determined by when he takes his turn in his home game.
-The invading player cannot launch an invasion from a territory that boarders an enemy territory on his home board (neutrals are fine.)
-The invading player may not place reinforcements directly on the invaded board, but can reinforce his position through the territory that the invasion began from. All territories and continents held on either board count when determining reinforcements for the invading player.
-The invading player plays by the fog, reinforcement, and card rules of the host board when playing on that board, although he only keeps one set of cards, and can only gain one card per turn regardless of where the territory was taken from.
-If the original territory that the invader captures at the beginning of the invasion is taken, the link is broken and the player may no longer reinforce into the host board. The armies still on the board may still operate and possibly win the game for the invading player, although they lack a method for reinforcement.
-If the invading player manages eliminate every player on the host board, he or she wins half of the amount of points he would win from each player had he been there from the beginning. If the invading player is eliminated from the host board, he loses half the amount he would normally lose once the game on the host board has concluded.
-Each player may launch a cross-game invasion only once, and each game can only be invaded by one player and out of by one player at any time. (It is possible for a player to contend with an invading player on his home board while launching an invasion on another board.)

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Creating a release valve to loosen up bogged down games.
Help create a closer atmosphere and remove the walls of isolation between players.
Allow players to recreate the Oblivion Crisis. Doubly so if done on the Tamriel map.



So I could set up a game with 7 of my friends, we can all divide the bonuses equally, then stack on one territory, and each invade the same game with 8 existing players... Just for fun... For a game of 16 players, where 8 of the players are actually allies attempting to f*ck up someone's game. No thanks.
User avatar
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby everywhere116 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:35 pm

That's why the rule that only one person can invade out of any one game is in place.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
User avatar
Corporal everywhere116
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:37 am
Location: Somewhere on this big blue marble.
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:56 pm

It is such an epic suggestion, that I like it, just for it's sheer creativity. However, I doubt you will find much support for it.
show
User avatar
Sergeant DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 4085
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby Forza AZ on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 am

If this would be implemented, then there should be a choise at the start of a game that you want this.
Or else someone could just invade your game which you have worked on hard to get a winning position and take all that hard work down. It is impossible to take into consideration all games that could invade yours for each turn you take.

But I think it shouldn't be implemented at all. It sounds absurd.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
User avatar
Colonel Forza AZ
 
Posts: 4546
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (2)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby natty dread on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:06 am

No offense, but this is the stupidest suggestion I've ever heard.

Creativity does not equal quality.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby Criticalwinner on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:25 am

Utterly retarded. I would think of reasons and type them, but that would be a waste of time.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Criticalwinner
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Middle Tennessee
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby Ickyketseddie on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:26 am

No thank you.
Image
User avatar
Captain Ickyketseddie
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:00 pm
Location: Midlands UK
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (13)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:10 am

i'm against this
Image
User avatar
Major WILLIAMS5232
 
Posts: 1298
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: houston texas
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby JBlombier on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:57 am

The OP seems to have put some time and effort into this, so I'm surprised he didn't notice the downside of this suggestion. The downside is quite severe if you ask me and probably 99% of the people.
Image
User avatar
Colonel JBlombier
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:47 am
Location: Utrecht
Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby Chewie1 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:46 am

JBlombier wrote:The OP seems to have put some time and effort into this, so I'm surprised he didn't notice the downside of this suggestion. The downside is quite severe if you ask me and probably 99% of the people.



OP probably took place while being bogged down in a game ;)

Crazy Idea... thumbs down
Image
User avatar
Captain Chewie1
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (5)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:56 am

I'll give credit for a very original idea but i do not think this will be an option that would be very popular. While this is interesting I would not like to play this option.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Image
User avatar
Captain trinicardinal
Head Chatter
Head Chatter
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:59 am
Location: On a Tropical Island - Coconut anyone?
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (8)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby greenoaks on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:52 am

all invading armies would come from City Mogul where all troops awarded are x10 or stalemated Escalating games
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 am

greenoaks wrote:all invading armies would come from City Mogul where all troops awarded are x10 or stalemated Escalating games

Yup, being in a stalemate and invade some other game with 20000 troops just to get atleast some troops.
Image
Highest Rank: Colonel (2680) - 23-07-12
Major Extreme Ways
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby Butters1919 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 am

natty dread wrote:No offense, but this is the stupidest suggestion I've ever heard.

Creativity does not equal quality.


agreed.
User avatar
Lieutenant Butters1919
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:40 am
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby Forza AZ on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:07 am

greenoaks wrote:all invading armies would come from City Mogul where all troops awarded are x10 or stalemated Escalating games

His idea was that you could only invade games on the same map and at about the same stage, so if you would invade from a stalemated Escalating game you could only invade another stalemated Escalating game, not a game that just started or on a much smaller map.

But I still don't like the idea, since it would mess up all games, since it is impossible to make a tactic for this since you can't take into account all games where an invasion could come from.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
User avatar
Colonel Forza AZ
 
Posts: 4546
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (2)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby Kaskavel on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:33 am

Very bad idea. But... It would be extremely fun if we could play a specific tournament with such a version. Imagine all the fun, it would obtain its own strategy. Nevertheless, I doubt that this fun deserves the work that has to be done...it is not a simple task to create this variation.
Conqueror Kaskavel
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:08 pm
Medals: 50
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Most Improved Silver (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 am

Kaskavel wrote:Very bad idea. But... It would be extremely fun if we could play a specific tournament with such a version. Imagine all the fun, it would obtain its own strategy. Nevertheless, I doubt that this fun deserves the work that has to be done...it is not a simple task to create this variation.

Yeah, it would definitely have to take place in a "closed ecosystem" so to speak, if any and every game was open to such an invasion it would change the way the entire game is played. Even in a closed ecosystem it would mean rampant farming. Set up an escalating game with 7 friends and start invading other games from that one. If you move in with the aforementioned 20k troops you're pretty much unstoppable in a stalled flat rate or no cards game
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
User avatar
Major MeDeFe
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 am
Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: "Invade Game" Option

Postby cookie0117 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:17 am

If there was a specific map made for it, with the option to invade or "teleport" to other maps, then it would be amazing. Carnage obviously and a proper head f*ck to work out what was happening.

It would take so much work to set up and iron out, that you would need to give up your job and dedicate your life to it!!
User avatar
Major cookie0117
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:54 am
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (1)


Return to Rejected Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login